Thailand Post starts free 'send postcard' week

webfact

Thailand Post starts free 'send postcard' week
By Coconuts Bangkok

worldpostday.jpg

BANGKOK: -- To celebrate World Post Day, Thailand Post would like you to express your feelings on a postcard and send it for free at all post offices, starting today.

Until Oct. 9, everyone can send one free postcard, so choose carefully which of the people you chat with every day, as the old saying goes, a postcard is worth 1,000 characters.

The announcement isn’t clear on whether this applies only to Thai nationals, but expats give it a shot! You will save all of two baht!

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/10/03/thailand-post-starts-free-send-postcard-week

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-10-03

"as the old saying goes, a postcard is worth 1,000 characters"

Never heard that before . . . . more made-up nonsense.

Just what this week needs, more made-up nonsense.

Isn't the opld saying "a pictures worth a 1'000 words' or WTTE

Seems like google translate has been at work again

• Like 1

"as the old saying goes, a postcard is worth 1,000 words".

Minor mistranslation

Thailand Post much more reliable - and affordable - than skippy-post in Australia.

Ten years ago, in Malaysia, you could send a postcard for free to Tun Dr Mahathir, to thank him for years of dedicated service.

I think I'll send my postcard to one of the living legends here - Lop3, UbonJ, Jsixpack...

I've not sent a postccard in years. I used to send em to me gran before she passed away but since then I've not mithered....

My 109 year old grandad was seriously ill in hospital after falling off a 30 foot high ladder so every week I'd send him a postcard to ask how he was. He answered with his own postcard without fail updating me on his condition until one day the postcards stopped coming so I assume he got better.

They must be joking. I've had no mail for 6 weeks, and that includes bills. maybe I should send a card to myself though and see if it arrives.

Sincere commiserations at least no summons to pay will be delivered.

Do just check yor catflap hasnt been sealed as some punks cunning stunt .I superglued my mother-in-law to channel 3 several years ago no regrets