Murder reenactment: 200 policemen deployed to guard two Myanmar men on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What these three suspects and the world needs now is a very good expert lawyer team that isnt interested in getting them off on a technicality but who will turn over every stone and employ investigative and forensic professionals to look at this from top to bottom.

Your forgetting about the judge. I think no matter what now, these guys are going to be prosecuted for this crime. There is nothing anyone can do about it, its just the way it is unfortunately.

• Like 1

The whole thing smells. I will not be going to Thailand this and next year. Thats the one thing I can control. I am displaying my displeasure with Thailand. My $ may not be missed but I will know that I will not be supporting a corrupt country. A country where any foreigners are treated as walking ATM's.

• Like 2

I just don't see that they could have beaten David into submission and confined Hannah at the same time, maybe a lucky hit with the wood but still not easy. No screaming, no running.

I would have liked to have seen the re-enactment, and have them do it one at a time without the other looking on.

Didn't one report mention marks on Davids arms / fists, something about there was a struggle, I just can't see it. If he wasn't put down in one hit, it would have taken both of them to subdue him, Hannah would surely ran away or tried to help.

I don't know, it just doesn't ring true. Why was her DNA found on one of the cigarettes along with one of the perpetrators?

DNA is a great tool for a frame up IMO, anywhere in the world, it has been tried in our countries too.

David would have leathered those 2 scrawny brats, even with a beer in him - probably worse - he was a big lad! Again, that doesn't add up; never discussed.

That's right. In another news it says wyn hit david and dragged him to the sea. So either one guy held hannah (who was fighting) and one fought david and dragged David to the sea. He would be a heavy weight for such a small guy. Or two men dragged david, while hannah sat and waited for them to come back. Not to mention, Wyn says he hit and dragged david, but the evidence showed David was fighting before he was drowned. There must be at least 1 and probably 2 more to have held these two who fought hard.

Doesn't add up

The daily mail has video of the reenactment. In their version the male victim was prone on the floor when they hit him.

I hate to seem skeptical and really hope these are the real killers caught. But with all that has happened with the investigation and how it was handled and it seems with every aspect leading to the "confessions" it is a lot easier to think that these chaps are escape goat displayed to appease the foreign press and ease fears of would-be tourists.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Problem is you will not believe any Burmese did it now after all the Thai bashing on here. Maybe time to take a break and look at the facts again ? Is it really possible that someone else than the headman and his family did it ?

Yes it is possible, but hardly credible that it's these three Burmese who have admitted it after intensive treatment in a safe house, safe from what the screams being heard? Can you explain away the beating and bribing of the taxi driver or the fact that DNA matches were impossible in the time given?

At the same time, though, all the other facts of evicence, and notably the sperm found inside the victim, will also have to be faked, i.e. replaced with the Burmese's. Revolting. Should we not make room for the hypothesis that perhaps things are for once what they look like, and that these two Burmese have in fact committed the murder?

]
Quite possible and probable they did do it. But not by themselves. Not by their own story could two people accomplish that scene in the way the burmese described. There is a third and maybe a fourth person who is guilty as hell.

The whole thing smells. I will not be going to Thailand this and next year. Thats the one thing I can control. I am displaying my displeasure with Thailand. My $ may not be missed but I will know that I will not be supporting a corrupt country. A country where any foreigners are treated as walking ATM's.

Curious .... If you are not here and have not plans on coming and dislike the country then why spend time on this forum? Are there no problems in your country or life that may be more relative to your life? If you are concerned with unsolved British murders than focus on these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsolved_murders_in_the_United_Kingdom#2010s at home .... especially since it looks like the have got the culprits in this case.

As for this year and next ... do you think it possible Thailand will not still have corruption or see tourism as a way to make money on the 3rd year? Or maybe you think by the 3rd year Thailand will be free of crime?

How Oscar Pistorius must wish he was Thai. He could have fitted up some poor Zimbabwean in a week and been Scott free.

he is almost scott free and another travesty but let's not derail this thread these guys won't get 1% of the trial Pistorius got

I would not want to share the gruesome photos from the crime scene, So without doing so, This is a template of injuries to David. All were very, VERY deep, brutal lacerations. 4 to the back of the head (skull), one to the cheek bone, 2 to the jawline and one to the collarbone. David also had bruises to the nose and eyes with minor scratches near the nose bridge. So i do now see that he must have been facing his killer at one point, and not all blows were from the back and side, as first thought.

The Facebook page 'CSI LA' has had invaluable information throughout this case and continues to report unseen testimonials and pieces of interest.

post-221894-0-37441100-1412340000_thumb.post-221894-0-99559300-1412340009_thumb.

I would not want to share the gruesome photos from the crime scene, So without doing so, This is a template of injuries to David. All were very, VERY deep, brutal lacerations. 4 to the back of the head (skull), one to the cheek bone, 2 to the jawline and one to the collarbone. David also had bruises to the nose and eyes with minor scratches near the nose bridge. So i do now see that he must have been facing his killer at one point, and not all blows were from the back and side, as first thought.

The Facebook page 'CSI LA' has had invaluable information throughout this case and continues to report unseen testimonials and pieces of interest.

0.jpg 00.jpg

The sharp end of the hoe could have read ached around and made those wounds on the cheek and jaw

• Like 1

0.jpg 00.jpg

The sharp end of the hoe could have read ached around and made those wounds on the cheek and jaw

They also said they dragged him in the water -- possibly face down. Also possibly he got hit in the back and after turned around and got hit again. Playing detective is hard enough but doing it based on partial info and assumptions is fruitless unless just looking for entertainment.

Was there any mention of a mobile phone during this ghoul-show?

There is a poster claiming the phone was in police hands the morning of the murder:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765397-dna-samples-from-two-myanmar-workers-match-with-those-collected-from-british-victim/page-17#entry8478804

Yep, my friend definitely had the phone in her hand the next day, handed it over to the police and gave them the passcode

From what I've just found out: the 4 girls went out together, one of them had Hannah's phone in her handbag (perfectly normal for some girls not to take handbags out). The police asked for the phone and the passcode the next day. The English girls left the island the next day and flew back to the UK, so the police were free to do what they wanted with the phone and the only people that knew about it were thousands of miles away.

That could explain why poor Hannah`s phone was belatedly "found" in the bushes back of goats room.

If the media pick up on this, will RTP drop the theft charges to avoid damaging their case?

BTW what happened to David`s phone?

These Burmese entered the country illegally and were working illegally for local bars/restaurants owned by "influential people". So will their bosses be charged with illegally employing them? Thought not.

What happened to the DNA samples sent to SINGAPORE? Anyone know?

Edited by heyexile
  • Like 1

David would have leathered those 2 scrawny brats, even with a beer in him - probably worse - he was a big lad! Again, that doesn't add up; never discussed.

Hmm, hit from behind first, unexpected and strong, with a wood, hoe or big stone? Try it first yourself. bah.gif

attachicon.gif0.jpgattachicon.gif00.jpg

I seen those photos unfortunately.... and it does look like stab wounds along with wounds made by a blunt object. The one on the collar bone area really stands out to be a stab wound

these three men who have obviously been tortured,

Where did you see that, can you confirm your writing? whistling.gif

Just go look on a famous blog that cannot be named whistling.gif

Can be named including LINK in a PM to me, thank you. thumbsup.gif

I know nothing about the Brit, or how tough he was or not, but I can assure you with certainty after working with Tai Yai men for many years that if you ever get into a scrap with most of them you had better finish it with the first contact. They work hard manual labor every day and they come from a hard knock life. They are amazingly dangerous in a physical confrontation. I have seen some local Chiang Mai Thai guys make the mistake of trying to look good by going after a Tai Yai laborer, and in each instance the Thai guy wound up down for the count and in very quick fashion. That being said, I have never had any conflict or confrontation with any of them, and consider them to be outstanding workers, and a great people, with a beautiful culture and community.

Were they Shan then?

Where did you read it?

Abigail quote" From what I've just found out: the 4 girls went out together, one of them had Hannah's phone in her handbag (perfectly normal for some girls not to take handbags out). The police asked for the phone and the passcode the next day. The English girls left the island the next day and flew back to the UK, so the police were free to do what they wanted with the phone and the only people that knew about it were thousands of miles away."

Four girls went out together? Where are you getting this information? You say this because there was 4 girls sitting at the table in the last image of hannah and david?

YOUR INFORMATION STINKS COME BACK WHEN YOU DONT TALK RUBBISH

In the picture where both groups of friends are sitting in Choppers, the girls are all on one side of the table. In front of Hannah you can see some pouch or wallet and a phone in a black (leather?) flip-case is resting to it.

It could be that this was not her phone, or that it was and she gave it to some friend later to carry it in her purse. There aren't any purses in view but CCTV footage shows a friend with a blue dress walking next to Hannah, carrying a black shoulder bag.