Murder reenactment: 200 policemen deployed to guard two Myanmar men on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the peak tourist season fast approaching, Thai authorities are desperate to draw a line under the incident.

That's they key phrase here, so desperate that anyone, not Thai of course would do. If these guys had done it they would have run days ago.

In fact, that's what I believe, too. If they are the rapists and killers, why didn't they run long time ago back to Burma, where they, at least for the moment, would have been relatively safe ?

From the news: while one was confirmed to be Cho who hurriedly left Koh Tao shortly after he was released after being questioned earlier by police, the source said.

Also lots of murders don't run. Case after case you will see people arrested at there house months after a murder. People think they will get away with it.

• Like 1

OK so what are the next predictions in this case ?.... votes please

1. both suspects get involved in a spot of balcony diving from a police station in BKK, of course it was suicide, due to the guilt of killing tourists

2. Get shot in back while trying to escape custody while surrounded by 200 of Thailand's finest

3. Big Bubba "gets them" in an argument in a jail cell

4. both parties escape and are never heard from again

I am going with BIG BUBBA -

• Like 1

Problem is you will not believe any Burmese did it now after all the Thai bashing on here. Maybe time to take a break and look at the facts again ? Is it really possible that someone else than the headman and his family did it ?

Ok, but if I was one of the Thai, main suspect's as in one of the influential family and was totally innocent as they claim, I would be more than happy to give my DNA for analysis.

I would also do whatever was in my power to help the investigation to a successful and just conclusion. So that life could return to normal on the Island and everyone would be happy smiley people again.

What do you think?

jb1

If they police were so corrupt as claimed then maybe you would not want to give your DNA. Not everyone want to give law enforcement access to their DNA. Maybe that could lead them to some crime you committed before. Hell some nuts in the US don't want to have simple gun registration.

Edited by lingyai

This is as close of my "conspiracy script" can be....."3 guys working at the bar where the young farang couple were dancing and drinking.... ..and..."somebody" got upset....and.." I am surprise these guys still alive....if..they are really the killers. Because I strongly believe that rape was not the first intention in this killing....This couple was murdered for a reason....and looks like that will become another mystery.

Edited by umbanda

Fantastic news they caught the bastards! Small consolation to the families but I hope this helps them in their healing process. Congrats to the police officers involved!

For they are jolly good fellows, for they are jolly good fe-e-ellows and so say all of us. Yea, yea, yea.

jb1

• Like 2

They should be guarded, there are still at least 2 killers on the loose..!!!

I am totally with you on this one!

Poor guys, no Embassy to speak of, no money, no visas or permits, no assistance, no lawyers, ..............LAMBS FOR THE SLAUGHTER!

• Like 1

Massive Police Party Weekend on Kho Tao: 200 policemen invited as paid guests.

Murders solved. Time to party - just in time for the weekend!

All they have to do is stand around for an hour "guarding" while the murder is reenacted, and their entire weekend is paid for by the government.

OK so what are the next predictions in this case ?.... votes please

1. both suspects get involved in a spot of balcony diving from a police station in BKK, of course it was suicide, due to the guilt of killing tourists

2. Get shot in back while trying to escape custody while surrounded by 200 of Thailand's finest

3. Big Bubba "gets them" in an argument in a jail cell

4. both parties escape and are never heard from again

None of the above.

They will get the death penalty and be executed (thereby shut up) in place of the true guilty party, who has passed around a lot of cash and promises.

• Like 1

David would have leathered those 2 scrawny brats, even with a beer in him - probably worse - he was a big lad! Again, that doesn't add up; never discussed.

Two people with weapons in the dark when you have been drinking and caught off guard? I don't think so.

If it was that dark how could they have seen the victims in the first place?

So what you're basically saying is that armed with hoes and clubs and hardons the murders of Hannah and David was completely pre-meditated?

Edited by Fat Haggis
  • Like 1

Problem is you will not believe any Burmese did it now after all the Thai bashing on here. Maybe time to take a break and look at the facts again ? Is it really possible that someone else than the headman and his family did it ?

Ok, but if I was one of the Thai, main suspect's as in one of the influential family and was totally innocent as they claim, I would be more than happy to give my DNA for analysis.

I would also do whatever was in my power to help the investigation to a successful and just conclusion. So that life could return to normal on the Island and everyone would be happy smiley people again.

What do you think?

jb1

If they police were so corrupt as claimed then maybe you would not want to give your DNA. Not everyone want to give law enforcement access to their DNA. Maybe that could lead them to some crime you committed before. Hell some nuts in the US don't want to have simple gun registration.

If you have the money, in a corrupt society, as you are saying then surely you would have no need to worry.

By the way we are not talking about the US.

jb1

• Like 1

David would have leathered those 2 scrawny brats, even with a beer in him - probably worse - he was a big lad! Again, that doesn't add up; never discussed.

Two people with weapons in the dark when you have been drinking and caught off guard? I don't think so.

So what you're basically saying is that armed with hoes and clubs and hardons the murders of Hannah and David was completely pre-meditated?

Really. because I really said it was pitch black. Have someone throw a ball at you in the day time and the same one at night. You might see the ball at the last minute but it will be hard to catch. Also where did I say it was premeditated. Maybe they got in argument because they were watching. Who knows. The victim only has to be hit once to be stunned and then can't fight back.

• Like 1

Two hundred cops to protest them from who?

In the photos I saw, the these two Myanmar nationals are likely under 5' tall, probably under 45 kg as well,...so 1. they need a large police presence because they would be like catching kids,...and 2. these two Myanmar Nations are grisly killers,...taking down two much larger, in-shape backpackers with sticks.

What puzzles me,...besides the unverified DNA tests,...is why these two did not leave Ko Tao over the past 3 weeks,..and make a run for Burma.

Looking forward to the psychological profile of these two,...and independent verification of the alleged DNA tests.

• Like 1

Absolutely. They just planned in the dark in the beach and did it. Magyver has nothing on Burmese laborers. The story is so bent, it doesn't bear any scrutiny.

I can't help wondering if these guys will even see the inside of a jail. Just deliver them home with 500k baht and tell them.never to come back..

Job done

Fantastic news they caught the bastards! Small consolation to the families but I hope this helps them in their healing process. Congrats to the police officers involved!

So what makes you believe this is apparent charade is fact. I, for one, think it's bullshlt and will not accept anything other than an very neutral report which includes offshore forensic investigations. This whole thing stinks of incompetence and well paid patsies.

• Like 1

With the peak tourist season fast approaching, Thai authorities are desperate to draw a line under the incident.

That's they key phrase here, so desperate that anyone, not Thai of course would do. If these guys had done it they would have run days ago.

thats what i cant nderstand head back to burma and 2 disappear wouldnt be dificult.

What do you think?

jb1

If you have the money, in a corrupt society, as you are saying then surely you would have no need to worry.

By the way we are not talking about the US.

jb1

I guess you missed the point where the US is considered less corrupt but still people don't want to give their info to the police. You also avoid the point that people don't want to cooperate because they don't want to be discovered for some other crime. Also maybe you think another "mafia" family wouldn't mind seeing you be pushed off the island by typing you to a horrific crime. Clearly there are many legitimate reason why someone might not offer up their DNA right away when they have nothing to do with the crime.

Rape murder suspects reenact crimes under tight protection

3-10-2557-16-14-03-wpcf_728x406.jpg

KOH TAO: -- The two Myanmar rapist murderer suspects were flown by helicopter from Surat Thani to Koh Tao to reenact their crimes at the scenes.

One of them is a waiter of AC Bar where the two victims visited before being murdered

Protected by more than 200 armed policemen and watched by hundreds of businesses operators and tourists, the two suspects identified as Newin or Win and Choe were led to reenact their crimes at five scenes which included at the log where they first played guitar and drank alcohol, the place where they assaulted the male tourist, David Miller, and dragged his body to throw into the water, the place where they pulled the male tourist, Ms Hannah Witheridge, to rape and later killed her with the hoe.

They also stole a mobile phone of the victim but couldn’t use it and later threw away in bushes behind their living quarters. The phone was later retrieved by the police as well as the guitar which was inside one of the suspect’s room.

The reenactment was supervised by Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyos Phumphanmuang.

Pol Gen Somyos said another suspect identified as Mao will be treated as key eyewitness as he had left before the murder took place to meet his girlfriend.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/rape-murder-suspects-reenact-crimes-tight-protection/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-03

Really. because I really said it was pitch black. Have someone throw a ball at you in the day time and the same one at night. You might see the ball at the last minute but it will be hard to catch. Also where did I say it was premeditated. Maybe they got in argument because they were watching. Who knows. The victim only has to be hit once to be stunned and then can't fight back.

Pitch black and yet they could see The victims cavorting enough to get them "aroused" and then decide , <deleted> it let's have some of that? "

So even if Hannah and David had been rumbled by them they would have just left but the killers then went off to collect the hoe and smash their victims heads in instead?

I've been to Koh Tao and these rocks have enough ambient light around then from various lodgings that it would never be "Pitch black"

What do you think?

jb1

Pray, what heinous crimes do you think a teenager from such an influential family, may have committed before , to make him fear giving his DNA sample ?

• Like 1