Murder reenactment: 200 policemen deployed to guard two Myanmar men on Koh Tao

webfact

So the guy was a waiter at the bar they left before being murdered? So the police disn't get his DNA first time round? How is that possible?

Or this is the third one who didn't participate?

Were any of the influential families down there forced to give DNA? If not, why not?

Answer to your fifth question: No

Anser to your sixth: too influential

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I they really did that. I am quite sure, that they would have left Thailand already.

I believe the were pushed to sign the paper at the police station.

now, everything is fine in Thailand again. They can blame foreigner, and the most importand they don't lose their face.

Who is going to believe that? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The land of smile, the smile of cheating.

So the guy was a waiter at the bar they left before being murdered? So the police disn't get his DNA first time round? How is that possible?

Were any of the influential families down there forced to give DNA? If not, why not?

From what I have been reading in the news it was not AC bar they worked in . It was another bar that one of the guys worked in .

• Like 2

So it appears its a unanimous " Not Guilty " from the Thai Visa Forum jury...

Seems like you are you all happy to let the 3 " patsies" walk ???.

Unfortunately YOU don't know how stuff works here......YES/NO...?

I/we want a DNA test taken by UK folk to seal stuff. Really easy to do..........thumbsup.gif

Plus DNA taken from folk who have refused cos they are hi-so....OK.....Good

• Like 1

Having just read the daily wail, the middle class, middle aged mums rag its quite surprising the majority of the comments are too claiming a stitch up. The Thai police's reputation, for some inexplicable reason is tarred.

Why don't you tell the why not?

Because Thailand is severely corrupt and police bow down to pressure from those with power? Just a thought.

Ok... so just say so the next time. To wit: speak your mind. Don't ask rhetorical questions and belittle your opinions with question marks and comments like.. "Just a thought."

It appears on the Thai language forums that 90% of people are dismissing the arrests as a cover up. From a Thai message board today. Translated into English:

"Come and ask me here. Come and ask me there. I am a Koh Tao resident, although my mom gave birth to me at Surat Tani. My family is very close to all the influential figures on this island, including the owner of this resort.
I want to tell the truth. I can't hold it any longer. I would like to tell "Trasher Page" that the murderers are not Burmese."That's all I want to say" and What "CSI LA Page" published, it is very close to the truth 97.8769%.
I would like to say that Koh Tao is just like a Kingdom of its own. The local mafia family can do whatever they want and get away with it. For example, in 2011, a bar owner got shot to death. Everybody in the island know who did it, but never had the nerve to speak out. People here are strange. They are wiling to cover up wrong doing for the local mafia. Thailand might be a democratic country, but in Koh Tao it is Feudalism."

A link is always welcomed...

Go into Facebook and type in "CSI LA". This is where a lot of the info is, as well as links to other sources.

You need to type "CSILA90210" ;)

It appears on the Thai language forums that 90% of people are dismissing the arrests as a cover up. From a Thai message board today. Translated into English:

"Come and ask me here. Come and ask me there. I am a Koh Tao resident, although my mom gave birth to me at Surat Tani. My family is very close to all the influential figures on this island, including the owner of this resort.
I want to tell the truth. I can't hold it any longer. I would like to tell "Trasher Page" that the murderers are not Burmese."That's all I want to say" and What "CSI LA Page" published, it is very close to the truth 97.8769%.
I would like to say that Koh Tao is just like a Kingdom of its own. The local mafia family can do whatever they want and get away with it. For example, in 2011, a bar owner got shot to death. Everybody in the island know who did it, but never had the nerve to speak out. People here are strange. They are wiling to cover up wrong doing for the local mafia. Thailand might be a democratic country, but in Koh Tao it is Feudalism."

https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210?fref=ts

Has 55 000 likes

Edited by bongoz

I will NEVER set my feet on Koh Tao again...because I still think there might be shady people lurking in the shadows, I lived in Thailand for many years and I have seen people with Power get away with things you wont Believe....its just part of Thai society....a system we will never fully understand.....THANK GOD !!!!!

Sad it seems a number of posters are less concerned with catching the right guys than in their mind seeing Thailand look bad. Ignorantly they believe it makes a difference on world view if a certain nationality killed these two. Oddly they also believe the rest of the world are insecure self loathing racists who think the acts of a few represent an entire nation or group.

If DNA matches, nobody is going to go running around saying all migrant workers are murdering racists ... actually some will because there are idiot racists out there but certainly not representative of all people.

Just sad so many people hate the country they live and blame their miserable existence on others instead of their lack of ability to fit in and be accepted as so many others have done.

If the DNA matches then job well done. Mistakes made by police and press in this high profile case and us arm chair detectives but if they got the right guys (as it is sounding like the do), then well done.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 2

"I think the tourist confidence will improve," Minister of Tourism and Sports Kobkarn Wattanavarangkul told AFP, hours after the purported confessions.

bah.gif

How does it improve confidence? it has been reported there are thousands of Burmese illegal workers on Koh Tao they pay the police 500 baht per month so they don't have to register. If they are saying it is safe now because Thai's couldn't do a crime like this there are only 3 less of these nasty Burmese.

Apology to The people from Myanmar for referring to you as Burmese as the press does.

Why don't you tell the why not?

Because Thailand is severely corrupt and police bow down to pressure from those with power? Just a thought.

Ok... so just say so the next time. To wit: speak your mind. Don't ask rhetorical questions and belittle your opinions with question marks and comments like.. "Just a thought."

Noted. I'm sorry that rhetorical questions are beyond you and require further explanation and elaboration.

A link is always welcomed...

Go into Facebook and type in "CSI LA". This is where a lot of the info is, as well as links to other sources.

So why not post it in the first place? Get my drift?

200 police attend the 'syncronised pointing', but how many for the full moon party next week? it's usually less than 40, none of whom are female, for an event attracting up to 30k revelers per month.

north-korean-rally.jpg?itok=LVaRqu9q

Edited by evadgib

Because why should the police be able to get your DNA without a warrant that is based on probable cause?

Most western countries police can't just get your DNA without a warrant.

Hmm, but they did get DNA from 3 Myanmar people who, if guilty, you would have thought would refuse. Was there probable cause to get it from them? Well, maybe, but not based on what has been reported.

David would have leathered those 2 scrawny brats, even with a beer in him - probably worse - he was a big lad! Again, that doesn't add up; never discussed.

I didn't knew David, but I do happen to know about fighting/self-defense. If David was attacked from behind and was bashed on the head by surprise then it really doesn't matters how big he was or how small his attackers were. If the first blow was with, say, the hoe and hit him full on the head then he would not have been able to fight back full power! If not immediately knocked out then he would have been very dizzy, confused and disorientated. And being big or not, that would have cost him the fight, and his life... :( The first guy who delivers a well placed punch will almost always be the winner of the fight....

• Like 2

David would have leathered those 2 scrawny brats, even with a beer in him - probably worse - he was a big lad! Again, that doesn't add up; never discussed.

Two people with weapons in the dark when you have been drinking and caught off guard? I don't think so.

If it was that dark how could they have seen the victims in the first place?

So what you're basically saying is that armed with hoes and clubs and hardons the murders of Hannah and David was completely pre-meditated?

I can't reiterate how important this pic is. The distance is 60m. In the dark with all the noises from the sea etc, how could anybody see or hear a thing

post-222614-0-69848900-1412332645_thumb.

• Like 2

FACT: The LAPD could not produce DNA results in the blazing speed the BIB has just claimed to do. Not and hold up in court, anyway.

Well, whatever, maybe after they conduct the reenactment of the crime by the actors they have found to take responsibility for it, they could photograph a reenactment the other crime scene:

The one where all the uniforms are huddled around the conference table a few days ago, behind closed doors, making themselves accessories-after-the-fact, to murder.

If these patises had access to a reasonable free lawyer, he would get them off in a trice

It ain't going to go to court... except for the sentencing.

Well, that is the epitome of a stitch up.

What can these blokes have been offered to not change their stories?

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of how the police extract a confession from a scapegoat? I'd be interested to know how this comes about. If I'm not guilty of something and the cops try to make it so, they'd have to be pretty good at it. Fingernails, rats on the stomach in a bin with a blowtorch. A mere beating probably wouldn't make me confess? But, saying that, I've never been there.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think most of us accept that it's been a sham from go to whoa, but did we really think it would go any other way ? Someone made the point that we have a lot of 'experts' on TV - no argument from me, but the BiB is one aspect of Thai life where I have to agree with the bashers on this forum. Like their counterparts across the region, the mud sticks - whether its incompetence, corruption or a combination, the Police here dont inspire confidence - even the local population detest them.

Well they tell us a week back that the DNA didn't belong to an Asian, so why the change of heart