Murder reenactment: 200 policemen deployed to guard two Myanmar men on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Problem is you will not believe any Burmese did it now after all the Thai bashing on here. Maybe time to take a break and look at the facts again ? Is it really possible that someone else than the headman and his family did it ?

Yes it is possible, but hardly credible that it's these three Burmese who have admitted it after intensive treatment in a safe house, safe from what the screams being heard? Can you explain away the beating and bribing of the taxi driver or the fact that DNA matches were impossible in the time given?

I don't know but the DNA is in reasonable time and the taxi driver or the police man who is most reliable I don't know I hope the police

Beating is not same as they are lying 90 % of the time it's the truth but if this is one of the 10% who knows

I think it's not a bad idea to ask them about 2000, 2004 rape and murder cases against tourist girls, which cases are unsolved.

Probably they were too young but may be they confess they know their fathers did those ...

Or they may confess their grandfathers are involved in JF Kennedy murder ...

You never know here.

Edited by Loles
  • Like 1

The families should formally request an independent DNA review in the UK. As a parent I would want to make sure the right people are caught and punished. Period.

Unfortunately, they can request all they like, but will get the usual 'we cannot interfere in another country's judicial process'.

FACT: The LAPD could not produce DNA results in the blazing speed the BIB has just claimed to do. Not and hold up in court, anyway.

Well, whatever, maybe after they conduct the reenactment of the crime by the actors they have found to take responsibility for it, they could photograph a reenactment the other crime scene:

The one where all the uniforms are huddled around the conference table a few days ago, behind closed doors, making themselves accessories-after-the-fact, to murder.

If these patises had access to a reasonable free lawyer, he would get them off in a trice

It ain't going to go to court... except for the sentencing.

@ Fat Haggis (it will not let me reply directly too many quotes)

I guess you didn't get what I wrote. You "If it was that dark how could they have seen the victims in the first place?" Implying I said it very dark.

The whole point is it wasn't pitch black. They could seem the couple and hear them. You questioned how they could have could have murdered a bigger man because. I told you it was dark making it not impossible to see but harder (hence the whole catching the ball scenario) and they had weapons and the victims had been drinking.

So the guy was a waiter at the bar they left before being murdered? So the police disn't get his DNA first time round? How is that possible?

Or this is the third one who didn't participate?

Were any of the influential families down there forced to give DNA? If not, why not?

• Like 1

Fantastic news they caught the bastards! Small consolation to the families but I hope this helps them in their healing process. Congrats to the police officers involved!

So what makes you believe this is apparent charade is fact. I, for one, think it's bullshlt and will not accept anything other than an very neutral report which includes offshore forensic investigations. This whole thing stinks of incompetence and well paid patsies.

I wouldnt have thought theyll be getting paid for this, theyve just been stitched up good and proper ... why would the police share their ill gotten gains.

What a sick society Thailand is, and if youve ever dealt with a native in an awkward situation and tried reasoning you'll see why this behaviour is accepted in Thailand.

Problem is you will not believe any Burmese did it now after all the Thai bashing on here. Maybe time to take a break and look at the facts again ? Is it really possible that someone else than the headman and his family did it ?

You pose a polite view, but it lacks DNA samples from two spawned bums, whom you seem to defend on mere politeness alone.

If you want to approach the matter with this kind of view, and moreover to be bold enough to tell us to "take a look at the facts again", then you are either joking in poor taste, or are a genuine troll and trying to elicit emotion.

And as the saying goes, you can't really fix stupid, so I guess bashing is deserved under those circumstances, right? I mean, someone being a constant laughingstock kind of does bring on bashing in a natural sort of way... especially when their laughable antics are hazardous to people's health and lives.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

So the guy was a waiter at the bar they left before being murdered? So the police disn't get his DNA first time round? How is that possible?

Were any of the influential families down there forced to give DNA? If not, why not?

Because why should the police be able to get your DNA without a warrant that is based on probable cause?

Most western countries police can't just get your DNA without a warrant.

Edited by lingyai

Why don't you tell the why not?

• Like 1

Because why should the police be able to get your DNA without a warrant that is based on probably cause?

Because that is what was demanded of all the little people. This is Thailand not the EU.

• Like 1

Could we just take those men AWAY from the custody of the police? And put them under an international police agency with cctv and just ask them 1 question.

"Ok you are safe now, from any abuse or pressure, tell us the true story. Did you really commit the crime? I don't care what threats the police may have forced on you or your family. I can completely take those threats away and punish those police. Now answer my question. "

THAT would be priceless

In Thailand? A pipe dream! All that's left to us doubters is trying our best to boycott that "feces container" (still suffering from warnings and S.. ahemm stuff...) named Koh Tao and tell friends, family, forums, etc. to stay away from that place.

I'm quite sure they will be executed within a few weeks or even days so they can't talk.

As I said earlier - the whole case is a slap in the face of humanity.

And Jesus continues to weep...

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

Yes it is possible, but hardly credible that it's these three Burmese who have admitted it after intensive treatment in a safe house, safe from what the screams being heard? Can you explain away the beating and bribing of the taxi driver or the fact that DNA matches were impossible in the time given?

was dna tested in same laboratory that discovered the ebola cure?????

Why don't you tell the why not?

Because Thailand is severely corrupt and police bow down to pressure from those with power? Just a thought.

Because why should the police be able to get your DNA without a warrant that is based on probable cause?

Most western countries police can't just get your DNA without a warrant.

laugh.png

apparently the point is missed on you. Plenty of people don't want to give DNA even when they have not committed any crime. Google it.

With out probable cause the court isn't going to issue a warrant. Refusing isn't probable cause.

[quote name=lingyai" post="8477908"

timestamp="1412326938]

I don't see that I am missing any point. I will say again we are not discussing the USA....
As for giving DNA if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to hide. Also if the authorities really want your DNA all they need to do is seek a court order, similar to search warrant.
jb1

Ok, but if I was one of the Thai, main suspect's as in one of the influential family and was totally innocent as they claim, I would be more than happy to give my DNA for analysis.
I would also do whatever was in my power to help the investigation to a successful and just conclusion. So that life could return to normal on the Island and everyone would be happy smiley people again.
What do you think?
jb1

If they police were so corrupt as claimed then maybe you would not want to give your DNA. Not everyone want to give law enforcement access to their DNA. Maybe that could lead them to some crime you committed before. Hell some nuts in the US don't want to have simple gun registration.

If you have the money, in a corrupt society, as you are saying then surely you would have no need to worry.
By the way we are not talking about the US.
jb1

I guess you missed the point where the US is considered less corrupt but still people don't want to give their info to the police. You also avoid the point that people don't want to cooperate because they don't want to be discovered for some other crime. Also maybe you think another "mafia" family wouldn't mind seeing you be pushed off the island by typing you to a horrific crime. Clearly there are many legitimate reason why someone might not offer up their DNA right away when they have nothing to do with the crime.

At the same time, though, all the other facts of evicence, and notably the sperm found inside the victim, will also have to be faked, i.e. replaced with the Burmese's. Revolting. Should we not make room for the hypothesis that perhaps things are for once what they look like, and that these two Burmese have in fact committed the murder?

• Like 1

With the peak tourist season fast approaching, Thai authorities are desperate to draw a line under the incident.

That's they key phrase here, so desperate that anyone, not Thai of course would do. If these guys had done it they would have run days ago.

yes The would have been back in Burma

Could we just take those men AWAY from the custody of the police? And put them under an international police agency with cctv and just ask them 1 question.

"Ok you are safe now, from any abuse or pressure, tell us the true story. Did you really commit the crime? I don't care what threats the police may have forced on you or your family. I can completely take those threats away and punish those police. Now answer my question. "

THAT would be priceless

In Thailand? A pipe dream! All that's left to us doubters is trying our best to boycott that "feces container" (still suffering from warnings and S.. ahemm stuff...) named Koh Tao and tell friends, family, forums, etc. to stay away from that place.

I'm quite sure they will be executed within a few weeks or even days so they can't talk.

As I said earlier - the whole case is a slap in the face of humanity.

And Jesus continues to weep...

Well maybe Jesus should have stepped in instead of weeping.

• Like 1