Murder reenactment: 200 policemen deployed to guard two Myanmar men on Koh Tao

webfact

It appears on the Thai language forums that 90% of people are dismissing the arrests as a cover up. From a Thai message board today. Translated into English:

"Come and ask me here. Come and ask me there. I am a Koh Tao resident, although my mom gave birth to me at Surat Tani. My family is very close to all the influential figures on this island, including the owner of this resort.
I want to tell the truth. I can't hold it any longer. I would like to tell "Trasher Page" that the murderers are not Burmese."That's all I want to say" and What "CSI LA Page" published, it is very close to the truth 97.8769%.
I would like to say that Koh Tao is just like a Kingdom of its own. The local mafia family can do whatever they want and get away with it. For example, in 2011, a bar owner got shot to death. Everybody in the island know who did it, but never had the nerve to speak out. People here are strange. They are wiling to cover up wrong doing for the local mafia. Thailand might be a democratic country, but in Koh Tao it is Feudalism."

If you are for real, I find your post very interesting...........thumbsup.gif

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It appears on the Thai language forums that 90% of people are dismissing the arrests as a cover up. From a Thai message board today. Translated into English:

"Come and ask me here. Come and ask me there. I am a Koh Tao resident, although my mom gave birth to me at Surat Tani. My family is very close to all the influential figures on this island, including the owner of this resort.
I want to tell the truth. I can't hold it any longer. I would like to tell "Trasher Page" that the murderers are not Burmese."That's all I want to say" and What "CSI LA Page" published, it is very close to the truth 97.8769%.
I would like to say that Koh Tao is just like a Kingdom of its own. The local mafia family can do whatever they want and get away with it. For example, in 2011, a bar owner got shot to death. Everybody in the island know who did it, but never had the nerve to speak out. People here are strange. They are wiling to cover up wrong doing for the local mafia. Thailand might be a democratic country, but in Koh Tao it is Feudalism."

A link is always welcomed...

Where are all the Western feminists and Social Justice Warriors when you need them?

The same "gap year" girls who want to "just have some fun" binge drinking and taking hits of acid at the full-moon parties are nowhere to be seen.

Instead of hiring a lawyer for these three men who have obviously been tortured, the feminists and their Western media allies are focusing on "Campus Rape" and "Yes can still mean No."

Where is the outrage from the same type of people who support this island's economy?

Angry man you are. What does this have to do with feminism at all? Desperately trying to link this when there is no link.

Have you donated money to these men's defense?

Why don't you start a fund? Cant spare 500 baht?

• Like 1

If you are for real, I find your post very interesting...........thumbsup.gif

Yes worth sending it to 5000 twitter accounts world wide

• Like 1

David would have leathered those 2 scrawny brats, even with a beer in him - probably worse - he was a big lad! Again, that doesn't add up; never discussed.

Two people with weapons in the dark when you have been drinking and caught off guard? I don't think so.

• Like 2

Invite the Btitish Police to come and review the evidence, interview the suspects and give an honest review of the investigation - then we might begin to believe things. Why did suspicion fall on the sons of a local vip? Do any of the westerners present recognise these suspects - why is it taking so long to establish DNA links and would the process of gathering the DNA satisfy international standards. If the junta are so keen to restore confidence then they must put the investigation in the hands of people who could not possibly be influenced by local corruption

FACT: The LAPD could not produce DNA results in the blazing speed the BIB has just claimed to do. Not and hold up in court, anyway.

Well, whatever, maybe after they conduct the reenactment of the crime by the actors they have found to take responsibility for it, they could photograph a reenactment the other crime scene:

The one where all the uniforms are huddled around the conference table a few days ago, behind closed doors, making themselves accessories-after-the-fact, to murder.

Go into Facebook and type in "CSI LA". This is where a lot of the info is, as well as links to other sources.

• Like 2

Go into Facebook and type in "CSI LA". This is where a lot of the info is, as well as links to other sources.

Roger Thanks-

Keep it viral and they will not find it so easy to recover

• Like 1

Disgusting farce and travesty of justice. Reenactment strips the accused of their basic rights to a fair trial.

I don't think these guys are being framed but I agree reenactments are BS.

Even the worst murders should get a fair trial with a independent review of the evidence.

• Like 2

Disgusting farce and travesty of justice. Reenactment strips the accused of their basic rights to a fair trial.

I don't think these guys are being framed but I agree reenactments are BS.

Even the worst murders should get a fair trial with a independent review of the evidence.

Or at least a trial before reenactment, along the lines of living after 800 AD, if that would be comprehensible to them.

• Like 1

And thats what I find most disturbing!

Yeah, Newbie I am, just signed up after following this case since the first day reading a lot on the Koh Tao groups on Facebook first and came here after these threads were deleted and the comunity there forced to shut up...

If it rightfully is to blame on these burmese guys why was Koh Tao that quiet? Nobody would need to be afraid of these burmese without any power or money - they would have been blamed, there would have been witnesses from the start.

I think the ONLY reason possible why everyone kept quiet was because they where afraid! And who would have such power to "ssshhhh" a whole island?

I've planned to go back to that little diving island soon - seriously reconsidering now - indonesia is great for diving too. Need to sort out a new visa now though...

Edited by submerged
  • Like 2

Could we just take those men AWAY from the custody of the police? And put them under an international police agency with cctv and just ask them 1 question.

"Ok you are safe now, from any abuse or pressure, tell us the true story. Did you really commit the crime? I don't care what threats the police may have forced on you or your family. I can completely take those threats away and punish those police. Now answer my question. "

• Like 1

FACT: The LAPD could not produce DNA results in the blazing speed the BIB has just claimed to do. Not and hold up in court, anyway.

Well, whatever, maybe after they conduct the reenactment of the crime by the actors they have found to take responsibility for it, they could photograph a reenactment the other crime scene:

The one where all the uniforms are huddled around the conference table a few days ago, behind closed doors, making themselves accessories-after-the-fact, to murder.

If these patises had access to a reasonable free lawyer, he would get them off in a trice

Could we just take those men AWAY from the custody of the police? And put them under an international police agency with cctv and just ask them 1 question.

"Ok you are safe now, from any abuse or pressure, tell us the true story. Did you really commit the crime? I don't care what threats the police may have forced on you or your family. I can completely take those threats away and punish those police. Now answer my question. "

THAT would be priceless

• Like 1

Thai authorities dismissed concerns that they have arrested scapegoats when questioned by reporters.

"Please be reassured that police have worked to their best ability so it's not possible that they have arrested scapegoats," Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon said Friday.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-10-03

The DPM went on to say that it was not possible for goats to have committed the crime as they are not allowed on the island.

• Like 1

Problem is you will not believe any Burmese did it now after all the Thai bashing on here. Maybe time to take a break and look at the facts again ? Is it really possible that someone else than the headman and his family did it ?

Perhaps the negative elite here could compile a list of acceptable nationalities of the alleged murderers...

And then show it to the British ambassador, who obviously has access to far fewer facts than the Thai Visa negative elite crowd do, and has therefore been duped by the Thai Police and Army.

Now that's a scam...

• Like 1

With the peak tourist season fast approaching, Thai authorities are desperate to draw a line under the incident.

That's they key phrase here, so desperate that anyone, not Thai of course would do. If these guys had done it they would have run days ago.

In fact, that's what I believe, too. If they are the rapists and killers, why didn't they run long time ago back to Burma, where they, at least for the moment, would have been relatively safe ?

• Like 2

I just watched this charade on TV. There was something nauseating about it which I can't quite put my finger on.

I don't own a tv but have just seen a photo of these two accused Burmese' 're-enactment' surrounded by a gaggle of Big Thai cops (well at least comparatively) for the first time (outside cctv captures) on BP. Two words: Awww c'MONNNNN!

And yes, I did once visit a Japanese Culture exhibition in London many years and was astonished at just how small the Samurai were. But at least they were wearing armour and were fighting with people their size. Foxtrot Foxtrot Sakes bah.gif .

Edited by jpeg