Murder reenactment: 200 policemen deployed to guard two Myanmar men on Koh Tao

webfact

Abigail quote" From what I've just found out: the 4 girls went out together, one of them had Hannah's phone in her handbag (perfectly normal for some girls not to take handbags out). The police asked for the phone and the passcode the next day. The English girls left the island the next day and flew back to the UK, so the police were free to do what they wanted with the phone and the only people that knew about it were thousands of miles away."

Four girls went out together? Where are you getting this information? You say this because there was 4 girls sitting at the table in the last image of hannah and david?

YOUR INFORMATION STINKS COME BACK WHEN YOU DONT TALK RUBBISH

In the picture where both groups of friends are sitting in Choppers, the girls are all on one side of the table. In front of Hannah you can see some pouch or wallet and a phone in a black (leather?) flip-case is resting to it.

It could be that this was not her phone, or that it was and she gave it to some friend later to carry it in her purse. There aren't any purses in view but CCTV footage shows a friend with a blue dress walking next to Hannah, carrying a black shoulder bag.

hannah was carrying her phone you can see it clear as day on the live cctv footage...but once again there is no footage of 4 girls together at all that night

post-221731-0-03733200-1412342769_thumb.

post-221731-0-18357000-1412342780_thumb.

Edited by DISKO

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Problem is you will not believe any Burmese did it now after all the Thai bashing on here. Maybe time to take a break and look at the facts again ? Is it really possible that someone else than the headman and his family did it ?

Not likely. Am I to believe that some Burmese blokes were quietly playing guitar on the beach and suddenly, with an inordinate amount of rage, decided to rape and murder a woman and her friend? I have been going to beaches in TH for 25 years and the one thing I notice is that people that work there and live there are completely mellow. So much so that a waiter usually forgets your order before he get to the bar. I just don't believe that a group of illegals would, for no apparent reason, chuck the guitar, grad a hoe and bash these people brains in just to get some totty. No, this was a crime of rage likely brought about by the bruised ego of someone that knew he could get away with it.

Just a bit of the wrong medicine, YABAH ? can make the difference between normal and "unreasonable" behavior. whistling.gif

Problem is you will not believe any Burmese did it now after all the Thai bashing on here. Maybe time to take a break and look at the facts again ? Is it really possible that someone else than the headman and his family did it ?

Ok, but if I was one of the Thai, main suspect's as in one of the influential family and was totally innocent as they claim, I would be more than happy to give my DNA for analysis.

I would also do whatever was in my power to help the investigation to a successful and just conclusion. So that life could return to normal on the Island and everyone would be happy smiley people again.

What do you think?

jb1

I think, it was proved, that the accused was not on the island at the day of the murder.

You can prove otherwise? blink.png

OK so what are the next predictions in this case ?.... votes please

1. both suspects get involved in a spot of balcony diving from a police station in BKK, of course it was suicide, due to the guilt of killing tourists

2. Get shot in back while trying to escape custody while surrounded by 200 of Thailand's finest

3. Big Bubba "gets them" in an argument in a jail cell

4. both parties escape and are never heard from again

None of the above.

They will get the death penalty and be executed (thereby shut up) in place of the true guilty party, who has passed around a lot of cash and promises.

Slowly. There was no execution in TH since Mr.Thaksin was ousted as PM. The necessary signing has not been done since years by the person who would have to sign the execution orders. nono.gif

I'm as sceptical as most people on this site about this development, which many of us anticipated. You wonder why it has taken more than two weeks to find these suspects on that small island. You wonder why they didn't flee the island ages ago, especially when the Thai police publicly announced very early on that they would DNA test all Burmese migrant workers.

That said, the story and re-enactment does fit the evidence....and surely dispels some of the more bizarre theories spread on this site about David not being with Hannah and only coming to her aid when he heard her screams, or the involvement of Sean McCanna....as both a hero in some posts and an accomplice to murder in others.

But it's hard to understand why, if rape was the sole motive, there was such brutality in the disfiguring of Hannah's face. Maybe they were on yaba, maybe they over-reacted in silencing Hannah's screams. But the violence was disgustingly extreme.

The Thai police still have lots of convincing to do that they have the real culprits.

These wounds are likely from rocks as he was being dragged in the water. You can clearly see scrape marks near the wounds. It doesn't take much to puncture skin. If they were using the hoe it would have looked similar to Hannah's face.

The backside of the hoe would be a heavy club, and the cuts could also have been made by the metal where the blade is affixed to the handle. If in a fight or wrestle you could swing it upward back first and hit or graze the face then I would expect similar wounds. In the 'enactment' where a sweeper/broom was used the 'blunt' side was used as well, or was that just coincidence?

Cuts from sharp rocks when they dragged his body could be another good explanation.

• Like 1

Two hundred cops to protest them from who?

In the photos I saw, the these two Myanmar nationals are likely under 5' tall, probably under 45 kg as well,...so 1. they need a large police presence because they would be like catching kids,...and 2. these two Myanmar Nations are grisly killers,...taking down two much larger, in-shape backpackers with sticks.

What puzzles me,...besides the unverified DNA tests,...is why these two did not leave Ko Tao over the past 3 weeks,..and make a run for Burma.

Looking forward to the psychological profile of these two,...and independent verification of the alleged DNA tests.

"A run for Burma" and than?

They will attract attention as missing and could be even in their home country invited to a DNA testing and also "flee" with what money for how long? They have their income in Koh Tao and jobs are in shrinking Thai tourist economy rare. rolleyes.gif

I'm as sceptical as most people on this site about this development, which many of us anticipated. You wonder why it has taken more than two weeks to find these suspects on that small island. You wonder why they didn't flee the island ages ago, especially when the Thai police publicly announced very early on that they would DNA test all Burmese migrant workers.

That said, the story and re-enactment does fit the evidence....and surely dispels some of the more bizarre theories spread on this site about David not being with Hannah and only coming to her aid when he heard her screams, or the involvement of Sean McCanna....as both a hero in some posts and an accomplice to murder in others.

But it's hard to understand why, if rape was the sole motive, there was such brutality in the disfiguring of Hannah's face. Maybe they were on yaba, maybe they over-reacted in silencing Hannah's screams. But the violence was disgustingly extreme.

The Thai police still have lots of convincing to do that they have the real culprits.

Around a week into the investigation i read that Hannah may have been shot hence the reason for the brutal head wound to disguise where the bullet went in. But no ones ever mentioned gun shots so im not sure how this theory came about

With the peak tourist season fast approaching, Thai authorities are desperate to draw a line under the incident.

That's they key phrase here, so desperate that anyone, not Thai of course would do. If these guys had done it they would have run days ago.

thats what i cant nderstand head back to burma and 2 disappear wouldnt be dificult.

Disappear, loose your job, will not get the job back or easy a new job, no money

and after disappearing stand out as one of the disappeared, suspects next day. yes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

I only just noticed one of the arrested has the very same t shirt on when arrested that he wore on the night of the murder. If he did it that's as unlikely as not doing a runner, why not throw it as it was bound to have blood all over it, but it has not. Of course he could have 2 the same, but not likely. If it's the same the Police should have bagged it for testing, but then of course there is really no need is there.

Edited by jacky54

What these three suspects and the world needs now is a very good expert lawyer team that isnt interested in getting them off on a technicality but who will turn over every stone and employ investigative and forensic professionals to look at this from top to bottom.

unfortunately if they have confessed there will be no need to look at much of the evidence... confessions mean they dont have to and everyone in the establishment wants it to be them .. so it will be.

This will be open and shut very quickly....

Not only will I never set foot on Koh Tao again but none of the southern islands ... they are all run and controlled by the same families and mafia. We wont be setting foot on any of those Islands of corruption or death however pretty they are.

I believe the murderers are still out there with such rage and hate ...they will rape and probably kill again, probably Thai next time but who knows,

I thought you said you were leaving.

I only just noticed one of the arrested has the very same t shirt on when arrested that he wore on the night of the murder. If he did it that's as unlikely as not doing a runner, why not throw it as it was bound to have blood all over it, but it has not. Of course he could have 2 the same, but not likely

Very likely if he worked there...

The police had to coach them all the way through the re-enactment, these guys had no clue how it happened, they look as confused as i feel.

You have to be an expert in that "metier" whistling.gif

Anyway, I would also be confused as a "culprit" in such a "Big" situation in front of a thousand people.rolleyes.gif

I only just noticed one of the arrested has the very same t shirt on when arrested that he wore on the night of the murder. If he did it that's as unlikely as not doing a runner, why not throw it as it was bound to have blood all over it, but it has not. Of course he could have 2 the same, but not likely. If it's the same the Police should have bagged it for testing, but then of course there is really no need is there.

Why is it not likely ?

It's a t-shirt for the staff, its printed staff on it ,he use them daily at work , I imagine he must have at least 2 , maybe 4 of them .

• Like 2

Pray, what heinous crimes do you think a teenager from such an influential family, may have committed before , to make him fear giving his DNA sample ?

Life is long. Its the future what is in "jeopardy", not the past. tongue.png

• Like 1

With the peak tourist season fast approaching, Thai authorities are desperate to draw a line under the incident.

That's they key phrase here, so desperate that anyone, not Thai of course would do. If these guys had done it they would have run days ago.

yes The would have been back in Burma

Doing what? With what money? How long? Loosing good jobs and be as missing, soon suspects also. whistling.gif

David would have leathered those 2 scrawny brats, even with a beer in him - probably worse - he was a big lad! Again, that doesn't add up; never discussed.

That's right. In another news it says wyn hit david and dragged him to the sea. So either one guy held hannah (who was fighting) and one fought david and dragged David to the sea. He would be a heavy weight for such a small guy. Or two men dragged david, while hannah sat and waited for them to come back. Not to mention, Wyn says he hit and dragged david, but the evidence showed David was fighting before he was drowned. There must be at least 1 and probably 2 more to have held these two who fought hard.

Doesn't add up

Ans who used the condom...with no DNA inside it? David....? Or another perpetrator?

• Like 1

What these three suspects and the world needs now is a very good expert lawyer team that isnt interested in getting them off on a technicality but who will turn over every stone and employ investigative and forensic professionals to look at this from top to bottom.

unfortunately if they have confessed there will be no need to look at much of the evidence... confessions mean they dont have to and everyone in the establishment wants it to be them .. so it will be.

Not only will I never set foot on Koh Tao again but none of the southern islands ... they are all run and controlled by the same families and mafia. We wont be setting foot on any of those Islands of corruption or death however pretty they are.

I believe the murderers are still out there with such rage and hate ...they will rape and probably kill again, probably Thai next time but who knows,

Don't tell me..... you live on one of those Islands.... whistling.gif

Enjoy

It appears on the Thai language forums that 90% of people are dismissing the arrests as a cover up. From a Thai message board today. Translated into English:

"Come and ask me here. Come and ask me there. I am a Koh Tao resident, although my mom gave birth to me at Surat Tani. My family is very close to all the influential figures on this island, including the owner of this resort.
I want to tell the truth. I can't hold it any longer. I would like to tell "Trasher Page" that the murderers are not Burmese."That's all I want to say" and What "CSI LA Page" published, it is very close to the truth 97.8769%.
I would like to say that Koh Tao is just like a Kingdom of its own. The local mafia family can do whatever they want and get away with it. For example, in 2011, a bar owner got shot to death. Everybody in the island know who did it, but never had the nerve to speak out. People here are strange. They are wiling to cover up wrong doing for the local mafia. Thailand might be a democratic country, but in Koh Tao it is Feudalism."

A link is always welcomed...

That's right Local Drunk.

Without a link it's really meaningless.

• Like 1

There is a short video on BBC News website of the re-enactment. I can't believe how small these guys are. They look like kids.

I also agree with some of the posters here that they don't seem to know what is happening.

Edited by petedk

Don't tell me..... you live on one of those Islands.... whistling.gif

Enjoy

No. I live in Nakhon Nayok. I happily visit the South whenever I get the chance.

But seriously, didn't you say you were leaving,and have you not said the same before?

When the news broke about these guys being arrested, the csi la guy received a fb message from the son of the village chief saying 5555 which means hahahaha.

Arrogant little pr*ck

He'll get his comeuppance, in this life - or the next.

When the news broke about these guys being arrested, the csi la guy received a fb message from the son of the village chief saying 5555 which means hahahaha.

Arrogant little pr*ck

Do you have the link for that? I would just like to see the post. Thanks

It appears on the Thai language forums that 90% of people are dismissing the arrests as a cover up. From a Thai message board today. Translated into English:

"Come and ask me here. Come and ask me there. I am a Koh Tao resident, although my mom gave birth to me at Surat Tani. My family is very close to all the influential figures on this island, including the owner of this resort.

I want to tell the truth. I can't hold it any longer. I would like to tell "Trasher Page" that the murderers are not Burmese."That's all I want to say" and What "CSI LA Page" published, it is very close to the truth 97.8769%.

I would like to say that Koh Tao is just like a Kingdom of its own. The local mafia family can do whatever they want and get away with it. For example, in 2011, a bar owner got shot to death. Everybody in the island know who did it, but never had the nerve to speak out. People here are strange. They are wiling to cover up wrong doing for the local mafia. Thailand might be a democratic country, but in Koh Tao it is Feudalism."

Sounds like many other parts of Thailand. Example: the son of a powerful and wealthy politician shoots a cop dead in a Bangkok nightclub at point blank range. Many eyewitnesses. Guess how many spoke up to tell the truth? That's right: ZERO.

They should be guarded, there are still at least 2 killers on the loose..!!!

Maybe, maybe not, can you prove your statement? blink.png

Can YOU prove he's wrong ??

Yes, if I follow the police statements, the alleged confessions and the DNA analysis.

They are more plausible for me, than -cornishcarlos- posting sentence. coffee1.gif