Food court tables

SoiBiker

So, you've gone to the food court for lunch, but wow, it's busy in here! Where are we going to sit when all the tables are taken?

Phew, here's an empty one now. What a stroke of luck! Oh look, they forgot their umbrella. Never mind, let's just sit down and enjoy our meal.

Sound familiar? If it does, try paying attention to the way things are done here. I'm sick of walking around like an idiot with my soup going cold because some old farang can't figure out the way food courts work.

Mind you, considering the stone-faced 'deleted' attitude they tend to display, I suspect they know the rules, they just don't think they should apply to them.

• Like 1

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds to me like the people had been served before you, meaning they were in the queue before you. Meaning they had the right to the table before you.

You sound like the sort of person who gets the wife to join the queue for Tesco checkout, then wiz about getting what you want, then rejoin her just as she gets to the front.

• Like 2

Brolly, hat, id card, handbag. People use all sorts of things.

I guess maybe it's a Bangkok thing.

oh so now its none specific items, so If I put any empty Tesco's shopping bag on a table its my table, how about an empty coke can ?....as regards a handbag, one suspects a lady or any personage who happens to carry a hand bag or man bag would be real silly person to do that wouldn't they ? and don't people normally carry their ID's in said handbag wallet or man bag ?

Bangkok thing ?....again must confess, eaten in many in BKK and never see this either

• Like 1

Sounds to me like the people had been served before you, meaning they were in the queue before you. Meaning they had the right to the table before you.

You sound like the sort of person who gets the wife to join the queue for Tesco checkout, then wiz about getting what you want, then rejoin her just as she gets to the front.

yeap my understanding of food courts are that they operate on a first come first served principle, therefore the offending Farang was obviously there first and served first.

• Like 1

Personally I don't eat at food courts but I have experienced them on several occasions. That's why I don't use them.

However maybe you could carry one of those triangular table reserved signs around in English and Thai.

Then your understanding is wrong, when it comes to busy ones where seating is limited.

Not at all, at the time of "reserving your table" you hadn't actually purchased anything from the food court, therefore you would not be entitled to use said facilities until a purchase was made, as these would be reserved for those customers who had actually made a purchase

What would have happened you had "reserved a seat" went to look and decided you didn't want to eat there and a person who had made a purchase, was unable to be seated because of your "brolly rule" and had to wait for you to return to retrieve said brolly prior to you leaving the premises ?

I guess that's their problem. Although who goes to a food court then decides they're not hungry?

You can argue with it all you like - it's the way it works. The fact that you've never noticed it doesn't change that.

• Like 1

Ignorant but smugly convinced they're correct. Thai visa in a nutshell. Bravo, chaps.

Indeed. Someone makes an inane ranting post, gets the mickey taken out of them, accuses everyone of being a bar rat and criticises the forum in general....

Yeah. I should have married a farm girl young enough to be my daughter. Then I too would know all there is to know about Thailand...

I guess that's their problem. Although who goes to a food court then decides they're not hungry?

You can argue with it all you like - it's the way it works. The fact that you've never noticed it doesn't change that.

I have a few times myself, I was hungry went to go and look, decided the food looked like sh*t and went somewhere else. thumbsup.gif

it's the way it works.

Is this paragraph 1 clause 2 of the "Brolly rule" ?

I am not arguing I am making observations

• Like 1

Ignorant but smugly convinced they're correct. Thai visa in a nutshell. Bravo, chaps.

Indeed. Someone makes an inane ranting post, gets the mickey taken out of them, accuses everyone of being a bar rat and criticises the forum in general....

Yeah. I should have married a farm girl young enough to be my daughter. Then I too would know all there is to know about Thailand...

Maybe you should have, then you'd have got a seat at the food court.....

• Like 2