Thai Immigration boss warns of fake extension stamps

Thai Immigration boss warns of fake extension stamps

Police_Colonel_Sakda_Chuenpakdee.jpg

Immigration Bureau Commissioner Police Lieutenant General Sakda Chuenpakdee

BANGKOK:-- Today Police Lieutenant General Sakda Chuenpakdee, the Commissioner of The Royal Thai Police Immigration Bureau, has through Police Colonel Voravat Amornvivat, Deputy Commander of Investigations, requested Thaivisa.com to give the following warning to all foreigners in Thailand:

“Recently Immigration has found a number of passports with fake rubber stamps, as people are departing from the Kingdom.

Please be aware that there are agents and people who have sold fake visa extension stamps to unsuspecting foreigners.

Please be careful when applying through a visa extension agent, that the agent shows you an official receipt of 1,900 from Immigration, for your extension.”

If you have any questions regarding extensions or using visa agents in Thailand, feel free to post in our dedicated visa forum located at: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/

The example below is of a genuine extension stamp:
tv1.jpg

Be aware of fake extension stamps, says Immigration Commissioner

tvn.png
-- 2014-10-03

• Like 2

"Please be careful when applying through a visa extension agent, that the agent shows you an official receipt of 1,900 from Immigration, for your extension.”

And how to do if the officer have charge you 5000 baths instead of 1900 and refuse to give you a receip ????
In Koh Samui recently for a 1 year retirement extension ... A classic here !

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Please be careful when applying through a visa extension agent, that the agent shows you an official receipt of 1,900 from Immigration, for your extension.”

hmmm, so what if the "official" receipt is also fake? alt=w00t.gif>

and we are supposed to be experts on official stamps and receipts now?

just an idea, how about clamping down on the agents?

How about don't use an agent.

Living / working in any other country than your own requires immigration etc., process.

• Confused 1

Phra Nakorn Ayuthaya Immigration was "famous" for issue genuine stamps, but never gave receipts, so people had problem when leaving. Even Immigration computer records were correct.

Recently some Pakistani got caught in Sukhumvit with real fake stamps from Chachoengsao Immigration and fake receipts.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I can't understand why people would use an agency for so valuable and important a matter.....

Because it sucks waiting in an over crowded immigration room, surrounded by whining old guy's .

OK got your point, but 1 time a year isn't that hard to swallow compared to the same lot (you are referring to) sitting next to you in an overcrowded bar now is isn't it?

it's difficult to find a bar that is overcrowded,

especially these days.

Of course there's nothing to say people have to attend a bar anyway.

That's there free choice,

which doesn't rank very high on my list.

• Like 1

I can't understand why people would use an agency for so valuable and important a matter.....

Because it sucks waiting in an over crowded immigration room, surrounded by whining old guy's .

OK got your point, but 1 time a year isn't that hard to swallow compared to the same lot (you are referring to) sitting next to you in an overcrowded bar now is isn't it?

Plus four 90 day reports, multi exit/entry. Look, I just find it worth my time and effort to pay for the service. Oh, and I don't sit in any bar, thank you (OK not allowed by the wife....but still!).

• Like 1

Second page on TM7 (extension form)

"APPLICATION MUST BE MADE IN PERSON."

So, in theory, no Thai immigration officer should issue a stamp to anyone who is requesting it but is not the person identified by the passport, no?

So, isn't the problem the fact that Thai immigration officers allow this in the first place?

I'm not trying to be holier than thou because I've done the visa run and had the organizer take 50 passports to the embassy while I enjoyed a day sightseeing but I never really understood the logic of it. It's an invitation for abuse and corruption.

So all this appears to be is a visa company that can't even be bothered to pay the right bribes and get a stamp from immigration. They just made their own stamp and saved a few baht.

It always amazes me that no matter how good of a thing some people have going, they figure they can still squeak out just a little more doing less work.

• Like 1

I wish you all would just put down the shotguns and walk away.

Just because some people feel that 1,900 THB is a very small price to pay to not piss an entire day of a life away does not make them an outlaw, drunkard or lazy. It means ... they can afford to avoid a silly wasted day. Period.

Conversely, people who want to go to Immigration in person are free to do so, and more power to you.

It is about choices folks ... and both are reasonable.

Now shut the F up or you all go to bed without dinner.

Is there anything in Thailand that's NOT FAKE.

There used to be some amount of integrity, but now you cannot trust anyone. Look at the shakedown cops on Sukhumvit 3- 21. They are even checking the planters for bombs where they set up their tables and chairs.

There are a lot of agents out there. Some of them are forum sponsors and very reputable.

Lots of them are not so reputable and have caused heaps of problems in the past.

Remember the agents a few years ago that did the visa runs for you, by taking your passport to a foreign country? Do you remember the problem that caused?

There are also fake visa agents that have a bunch of stamps and stamp and endorse your passport illegally without authority. Of course these extensions are also not noted in the Immigration computer which is a major problem!

Just be careful of what you buy. These are the ones you need to beware of.

Lots of members on the Chiang Mai forum brag about paying agents to do it once a year and avoiding the hassle of going to immigration. Luckily I am too cheap, so am probably safe.

Who would have ever thought it..... a chance of an Agent faking a stamp. You can get a fake anything in Thailand ,uni degrees,international driving licences,ID cards,a Rolex or 2 etc etc why is this news ?

• Like 1

Seriously, I was around 90% confident about leaving this place before this, after all that has transpired over the post couple of months, but this has topped it off. Thailand, kor hai mung chok dee. You are going to need it, So many people I know back home are really questioning their once paradise, you are screwed.

I've always found it a doddle. Slap on the suit once every 90 days and Off I go....No need for an agency at all.

Frankly I come across more whining old men on my monthly trips to Hua Hin/Cha Am/Pattaya

You wear a suit to do a 90 day report???

• Like 2

Many years ago whilst studying in Bangkok I needed to do a visa run but didn't have time due to exams. I got put in touch with someone to do a visa service for me. I handed my passport over with the cash and got it back stamped a week later. The problem was my passport was stamped showing me entering Malaysia days before I even handed it over. I never did that again. Immigration never noticed though.