Spent over $2,000 USD to get another tourist visa - horror story!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many here is to harsh to the OP.

Remember that we all are in the individual embassies own judgements.

What I mean: We can have all correct paperwork according to the Thai law and still be rejected. Today its a lottery. Especially when it comes to EDU visa.

Many embassies just simply don't give EDU visa for language schools. It does not matter if we have enough hours, money, certificates, insurance and so on. The embassies don't even follow the Thai law/ there own rules.

Most of these problems would be solved if there were clear rules that ALL embassies followed.

I personally think its insane that I get rejected with correct paperwork in one country and get a visa with the same paperwork in another country. (and like the boss in the embassy said: he believes that no one will get EDU visa anywhere right now).

In my world: If a country dont want to grant EDU visa for language schools: Just print is as a rule. Do not con people that "its to few hours" when it does not matter in real life. Many embassies think that language schools are like "internships" = no EDU visa. (that is at least what the embassy said to me)

(and all this would be avoided if Thai immigration let us apply for EDU visa in Thailand)

But... Its their country. They can do whatever they want. If I dont like it, I can just go home to my own country and live in the genocide of my people. (why cant I seek asylum in Thailand?)

In my world: If a country dont want to grant EDU visa for language schools: Just print is as a rule. Do not con people that "its to few hours" when it does not matter in real life. Many embassies think that language schools are like "internships" = no EDU visa. (that is at least what the embassy said to me)

It seems to me that is simply a case where the consulate did not accept sheets of papers printed from a cybercafe. They wanted original letters signed with ink, indicating the required number of hours (that the school should have known). Kind of reasonable requirements in my opinion.

If "Thailand" did not wanted to issue anymore ED visa, they would just do do that. But so far they didn't.

Edited by paz

It seems to me that is simply a case where the consulate did not accept sheets of papers printed from a cybercafe. They wanted original letters signed with ink, indicating the required number of hours (that the school should have known). Kind of reasonable requirements in my opinion.

If "Thailand" did not wanted to issue anymore ED visa, they would just do do that. But so far they didn't.

I have had the same situation (not EDU visa, another type) with US immigration..... I just had the originals fedex'd to me the following day and made sure everything was in order and then returned with everything they wanted.