Murder suspects charged

Lite Beer

Citing from the "confessions" of the two suspects,

When the newspapers put parentheses around the word 'confessions', it shows they are cynical about police practices also. TVF members are right to be skeptical but some of you are 'solving' the crime from behind your computers with nary a fact, but plenty of rumors, at your disposal.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ThaiVisa members seem disappointed the Killers are not Thai.

There seems to be a real hatred of Thailand and Thai people by many posters here, yet you live in Thailand and probably have a Thai partner, I find that amusing. laugh.png

No, just a hatred of unjust processes and half-wits like you.

Tazwa, are you so wedded to you own 'theory' that you need to be insulting to another poster; one who did not even challenge you directly. You are exposing a very ugly side of your nature with such comments. I fully expect a rude reply from you.

TVF members are right to be skeptical but some of you are 'solving' the crime from behind your computers with nary a fact, but plenty of rumors, at your disposal.

That sounds like an accurate description of how the police handled the investigation as well.

• Like 1

What do you bet we see some jail suicides shortly? All loose ends wrapped up; no trial necessary.

My wife offered this observation (forgive me if it has already been stated; I didn't read the entire thread) -- Normally, at the crime scene re-enactment, the crowd will try to attack the perps, even with police there. In this case, no one tried to attack those two -- because everyone understands they are innocent.

they sure would liked to attack that one guy with the with-light blue shirt !

He knows axactly what happened, you can see how he show where they have to line the hoe !!

if the islanders would not fear, they would have attacked this guy,

for this guy the 200 police were there !!

TVF members are right to be skeptical but some of you are 'solving' the crime from behind your computers with nary a fact, but plenty of rumors, at your disposal.

That sounds like an accurate description of how the police handled the investigation as well.

I don't disagree with you but would it kill you to quote my entire post?

Citing from the "confessions" of the two suspects,

When the newspapers put parentheses around the word 'confessions', it shows they are cynical about police practices also. TVF members are right to be skeptical but some of you are 'solving' the crime from behind your computers with nary a fact, but plenty of rumors, at your disposal.

You would agree then that this case has been anything but competently run and investigated by due process ?

Thing is when something is done so badly then people have to become the detectives, this of course means a lot of conjecture and theory but..... along with it are some excellent points and important questions unanswered...

When the forces of law enforcement fail to carry out their duty with satisfaction it is the duty of citizens to ask questions.

It is ridiculous for the police to then demand people stop talking about it when gaps are pointed out or other lies exposed..

This is simply another case of RTP caught with their pants down and rather than present answers they go straight to "shut up or else"

You dont win arguments or curry confidence by threatening people.

Just to remind people here.... we are talking about committing two people to the death sentence..... think about that for a second, does anyone have so little regard for justice and life that glaring questions and doubts dont need to be addressed before these kids are put to death ?

I want the perps convicted just like anyone .. we all do i think but the right ones without any doubt... 100% certain whatever the nationality or class............ I really dont want two scapegoats also murdered by the police and justice system just to close the case and protect such a rotten to the core system.

To accept that is to be a part of it, and I doubt very much if many of us wish that.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

re; the images of wounds on the male victim, and suppositions that it was a small stout blade held between knuckles of a fist (I don't know its name). There's a forensic way to test that if the body is on hand: Take a metal with a low melting point, like aluminum. Heat a small amount and pour in to open wound.

...[snip]...

Er...not quite sure what that would achieve, other than charred flesh. The melting point of aluminium is 660C, about six times higher than the BP of water.

For those posters who seem convinced the headman's son committed the murders, do you really think if he killed the couple he would simply leave the bodies on the beach? With his resources they would surely have taken the bodies out to sea and dumped them, to save his own skin and protect the family business.

What could be worse for an island/ hotel/club or guesthouse than to have2 corpses bludgeoned to death in front of your business that relies on tourists?

Anyone with a vested interest in the island's business would have hidden those bodies if they had been the perpretators.

Maybe he got disturbed by this action from this 2 poor burmese guys and now they blame them!!???

All convenient and nicely wrapped up which of course everyone will accept without question.

What remains now is for them to plead guilty so little or no evidence, other than their ' confession ' needs to be produced and tested in court and they will hope their confession will be taken into account so they don't face the death penalty for screwing with Thais losing money over tourism, maybe that's part of the deal already.

Hold on now! The script for this movie is still being edited. We all must wait for the movie release.

what the hell has yaba and or ice have to do with this case??? I keep hearing references to people being high on drugs....you people obviously have no clue and probably still beleive marijuana is the devils weed! murderers and rapists don't need to be

high to commit such crimes, infact i would point out the bleeding obvious that violent crimes are more often than not involved with excessive alcohol consumption! so until some evidence showing that anyone involved in the case was high on anything keep your own uneducated assumptions to yourselves, you sound like an absolute mob of uninformed peaknuckles. Thank you

For those posters who seem convinced the headman's son committed the murders, do you really think if he killed the couple he would simply leave the bodies on the beach? With his resources they would surely have taken the bodies out to sea and dumped them, to save his own skin and protect the family business.

What could be worse for an island/ hotel/club or guesthouse than to have2 corpses bludgeoned to death in front of your business that relies on tourists?

Anyone with a vested interest in the island's business would have hidden those bodies if they had been the perpretators.

Mind altering drugs? (Ya ba is sometimes called the crazy drug?)

Or not enough time possibly? If they were seen or if say Sean was a witness and did a runner then are they really going to hang around for some time organising a cleanup?

Or possibly confident enough that they would be able to get away with it due to having links to so many highly placed people? (this family certainly seem to have links to high up people). maybe even wanted people to see what they had done for some reason?

Who knows what goes through the head of monsters like this?

I noticed that Mon had a lovely picture on his facebook the other day of a policeman who had has his genitals cut off and put in his mouth.

Edited by bunglebag

All convenient and nicely wrapped up which of course everyone will accept without question.

What remains now is for them to plead guilty so little or no evidence, other than their ' confession ' needs to be produced and tested in court and they will hope their confession will be taken into account so they don't face the death penalty for screwing with Thais losing money over tourism, maybe that's part of the deal already.

Maybe that is the deal but the railway rapist/ murderer was told his confession made no difference because police had such a solid case against him (which seemed true), so he was given the death sentence anyway. The same thing is likely to happen to these two, if they don't retract their confessions and plead guilty.

Statistical probability would favor the migrants for the crime as they are the most numerous (and poorest) population on the island. I think there were attempts to derail the investigation by some of the Thai businessmen on the island due to the fact that they hired undocumented workers so they are complicent and breaking laws by hirling them. Most Burmese on the island are rather conservative and humble, they are as horified by this as everyone, that is why they turned in their countrymen.

This was not a crime to gain financially though. And I hardly think any turned on their countrymen out of choice. probably more to do with the boiling water involved etc. If RTP can't get a 'confession' or 'leads' without torture then do you not wonder about the validity of these confessions etc.? Heck even you might have agreed to say what they wanted if they started boiling you just to make it stop?

"Citing from the "confessions" of the two suspects, police said they entered Thailand about two weeks before the double murders, at dawn on September 15, and worked at AC Pub as general workers. The men said they hardly left the pub, as they had limited knowledge of the Thai language."

And yet they were able to under go interrogation and presumably sign confessions. Hope their translator was a good one.

Blimey ,good spot ...the whole thing is flawed...No doubt the plod & Koh tao will get what they want & life will go on sad.png

A troll post has been removed as well as a reply. Another pcontaining a link with a 403 error has been removed as well as a reply post.

A post replying to a previously deleted post from above has now been removed.

Edited by metisdead
Added footnote.
  • Like 1

"Citing from the "confessions" of the two suspects, police said they entered Thailand about two weeks before the double murders, at dawn on September 15, and worked at AC Pub as general workers. The men said they hardly left the pub, as they had limited knowledge of the Thai language."

And yet they were able to under go interrogation and presumably sign confessions. Hope their translator was a good one.

Blimey ,good spot ...the whole thing is flawed...No doubt the plod & Koh tao will get what they want & life will go on sad.png

And other reports say they have been on Island for 2 and 3 years, one i believe has his wife there too.... now that would mean they have been working illegally for years... so Mr AC bar owner whats the excuse for no work permit ??

A few more questions there it seems for the BIB ..........

There is now a petition for an independent investigation :- 10000 signatures are needed,still 2,106 NEEDED, it will go to Mark Kent, the UK ambassador to Thailand

Please sign!!!

https://www.change.o....d-miller#share

What do you mean 10,000 are needed? Needed for what? Does the foreign office have to act if 10,000 signatures are presented?

What if none of the signatures are from British citizens? Does that make a difference?

From Mr. Kent's statement, he wants this incident to be brushed under the rug just as fast as the Thai authorities.

Ambassadors and embassies exist to further trade interests, not to protect their citizens rights. They are not going to jeopardize one for the other.

• Like 2

Transparency
Right now, I don't ask for anything much from those who have power. All I ask for is "transparency" of David & Hannah's case. Right now, it is a golden opportunity, for those who have power, to set an example for our society. The next generation of police and young people are looking up to you. We need to bring back confidence in both Thais and foreigners. Please don't let Thailand's reputation, tourist industry and millions of Thais suffer from humiliation just because the lack of "transparency".

from CSI LA page on fb

You are speaking with a rational mindset. A rational mindset would unlikely have raped and murdered.

International agencies should give them a Geoffrey Robinson Type QC representation at trial.

And find out the facts.

I know what you mean but there's a couple of problems.

Only Thai lawyers can appear in court unless a non-Thai can speak, read and write the language and has been accepted to practice by the Thai Law Association.

IF, big if, there's a trial I don't know of any Thai lawyers who have the reputation of being a Somchai Mason or Somchai of The Bailey.

It would be conveniently par for the course to have Guilty verdicts which means all a lawyer can do is present mitigation. He / She cannot question the witnesses or facts only make careful suggestions or allude to issues.

Again we reach the situation where questions won't be truly answered.

Thanks for clearing up that train of thought - seems a pity.

Someone like Robertson would have picked the proverbial meat off the bones and made the whole thing very clear

Edited by Fred Flinstone

I'm still wondering why was the patriarch on the beach at first light with a blue glove on sifting through stuff and his brother Mon bar manager in the amongst the police and metres from the bodies as if he were part of the team.

Mon was also in the re-enactment in one shot standing with the man in the long sleeve blue shirt and one of the boys. Is that normal? I didn't realise how evil he looked. He was the choreographer for the re-enactment.

The boys are approximately 148cm x 42kg

Why did the boys have a plastic shorter handle hoe. They wouldn't have been able to manage the real one. Hannah's injuries are consistent with a taller stronger person to do that amount of damage.

Sean has all the answers even down to his identical injuries that David had. Word is he's in Italy and a lot going on behind the scene's.

Back to the phones we know the police had Hannah's phone but the police had said in many (way too many times) they had a phone with blood a smashed screen and a blonde hair stuck to it..so that takes care of both their phones...who's phone did they find smashed up behind the boys house.