Thailand beach murders: Police defend bizarre public 'reconstruction' of slayings by suspects

Lite Beer

I would say very clearly thats a phone inside a leather 'folio' case.. Looks like an Iphone 4 or 5 to me.

Identical objects, an iPhone 4 or 5?

attachicon.gifp-top.jpg

attachicon.gifp-bottom.jpg

So you intentionnally compare apples with pears or are you color blind not to notice the phone is ABOVE the glass box which you so obviousely did not show on your pics?

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, can a real journalist look into a few basic questions and publish in a major newspaper?

1. Is it true that the victim's phone was handed over to police by her friend the day after the murder? Is this is same phone the police claim was found behind the room belonging to the suspects?

2. Since the suspects worked at the very same bar that the victims were at that night, and since they didn't flee, how is it possible that the initial blanket DNA tests did not find a match?!?

3. Is it true that relatives of prominent families on the island were exempted from giving DNA? If so, why? What law requires poor people to give DNA, but excuses rich people.

I know there are many, many more unanswered questions, but these stand out for me.

I would happily donate to a legal fund for defense for these guys. Perhaps an NGO can set that up here?

Let's do it, I am in

• Like 2

all of this Thai bashing, is really getting to be too much! Let the police do their work, and stay out of this! This murder, should have never been a topic, open for discussion on this forum. All of the negative bs from TV members has hurt the investigation, I am really embarrassed for some of you, you are really setting back, Thai, Farang relations!! How would you like it if foreigners came to your home country and continually insulted you, calling you stupid and worse. This is a everyday occurrence on TV, I only hope that Thai people are not reading these derogatory comments. Please remember, that Thailand is our host country, and that we are guests, and if we don't like it, then we need to go!

"In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing."

From Edward Burke.

Not "Edward", it`s Edmund, you burk. The quotation is actually "All that is necessary for the triumph of Evil is for good men to do nothing."

Sad but true.

• Like 2

If this is proven to be a set up then I think the world will shame Thailand to the point that no one will want to go there.

After years and years and years of scams, mis-justice, bad cops etc. flocks of tourist are still ready to get the experience of a culture where anything can happen.

something I don't understand .. If I had killed these 2 people and a whole police team is searching for the killer with DNA tests ..and especially try to frame foreigners, I would not been on that island anymore after 10 days, but try to get home as quickly as possible.

That has already been explained earlier.

It¨'s not easy to get back to Myanmar , almost impossible for them . They lived with their family , one of the guys has a wife with him . He would not leave them behind, and no money , where would he escape to? This island was their home. ...

Your not really making any sense yknow. according to police they had only arrived a couple of weeks ago... hardly a home

It is easy to get back to Myanmar from there once on the mainland, sorry but not leaving people behind when youve done a double murder rape a few hundred yards away is also very unlikely..

Money np for getting enough to travel. Really its not hard to get money you make it sound impossible.

Once off KT its a shortish run to the border along the whole central and north west mountian region and mekong to myanmar its really not hard to avoid any checkpoints.

You dont commit this kind of murder in such a brutal manner and stick around let alone dump a victims phone outside your hut.

According to Koh Tao news, one had been on the Island for 2 years and the other for 3 years

If this is proven to be a set up then I think the world will shame Thailand to the point that no one will want to go there.

After years and years and years of scams, mis-justice, bad cops etc. flocks of tourist are still ready to get the experience of a culture where anything can happen.

Ok... How do we make all of this go viral as other issues of worldwide scandals do...?? They get to go viral in minutes over many stupid things... This is NOT a stupid thing but something the world has to see NOW... How do we go viral on this ??? Any IT experts out there to advise us how to do it??? If this can go viral believe me the truth WILL COME OUT ...

• Like 1

Flocks of ignorant tourists like the ones that played the role of the victims in this totally tasteless crime re-enactment. No doubt the guy who played David has already posted about it on his FB page... amazing what some people will do for a break as a male model. As for the female 'journalist' from SKY who played the part of Hannah... wasn't one of their 'reporters' vilified by the public for digging through the personal effects of a victim from the Malaysian airliner shot down over Ukraine?

Short attention span theater... it's here already.

something I don't understand .. If I had killed these 2 people and a whole police team is searching for the killer with DNA tests ..and especially try to frame foreigners, I would not been on that island anymore after 10 days, but try to get home as quickly as possible.

That has already been explained earlier.

It¨'s not easy to get back to Myanmar , almost impossible for them . They lived with their family , one of the guys has a wife with him . He would not leave them behind, and no money , where would he escape to? This island was their home. ...

Your not really making any sense yknow. according to police they had only arrived a couple of weeks ago... hardly a home

It is easy to get back to Myanmar from there once on the mainland, sorry but not leaving people behind when youve done a double murder rape a few hundred yards away is also very unlikely..

Money np for getting enough to travel. Really its not hard to get money you make it sound impossible.

Once off KT its a shortish run to the border along the whole central and north west mountian region and mekong to myanmar its really not hard to avoid any checkpoints.

You dont commit this kind of murder in such a brutal manner and stick around let alone dump a victims phone outside your hut.

According to Koh Tao news, one had been on the Island for 2 years and the other for 3 years

No matter how long you have been there or family ties ....Pffff..... Thai husbands become drunks all the time and just walk out leaving wife and kids behind without a care ... so why would a Burma person being a drunk and / or drug addict >>> if he did it stick around .. ? Pleeaase !!!

A really disgusting show business from police, I can imagine about the Thai social network ...

RIP young guys, when you have decided to visit the LOS(t) you didn't know where do you come.

It just doesn't add-up, apparently many slits were found in different parts of the male's head. A weapon other than a hoe was used?

So appears David did not have wounds from fighting with his attackers.

He was attacked with a weapon and all those marks we originally thought were from a fight he must have out up if you look at the wounds as fully detailed on csi la, it was a frenzied attack on David also -no doubt.

To attack a guy at least 6'3 and built - and perhaps restrain hannah in the initial area that the blood stains were in , would take more than this lot. Let's be real. Come on now.

• Like 1

What possible reason would you have to say they have been set up?

original DNA did not match, now it does

They did not run, probably at least one would have if guilty

phone was handed into the police day after murder but the Police claimed they found it near the accused huts recently (a miracle)

only the day before the arrests the police tried to bribe a taxi driver to commit give false witness then beat him up when he refused

DNA from the chiefs brat never taken

They will not allow independent verification of the DNA 'match'

Police have a long record of fitting people up, especially the poor and foreign

Edited by jacky54
  • Like 2

all of this Thai bashing, is really getting to be too much! Let the police do their work, and stay out of this! This murder, should have never been a topic, open for discussion on this forum. All of the negative bs from TV members has hurt the investigation, I am really embarrassed for some of you, you are really setting back, Thai, Farang relations!! How would you like it if foreigners came to your home country and continually insulted you, calling you stupid and worse. This is a everyday occurrence on TV, I only hope that Thai people are not reading these derogatory comments. Please remember, that Thailand is our host country, and that we are guests, and if we don't like it, then we need to go!

"In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing."

From Edward Burke.

Not "Edward", it`s Edmund, you burk. The quotation is actually "All that is necessary for the triumph of Evil is for good men to do nothing."

Sad but true.

Actually as their is no record of him ever saying either, it doesn't really matter which way it's quoted....I do however prefer "berk" to "burk" as it comes from the rhyming slang "berkshire hunt"

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 1

Not sure why try to answer these when you and others will go right back to facebook and come up with other conspiracy theories based on incorrect or unknown information.

The phone they found said belonged to one of the victims. Obviously it is not the same phone police police received, spoke about and is showed publicly at the start of the case. It may be his his phone or her 2nd Thai/UK phone.

The suspect didn't work at the bar.

No suspect was excluded from DNA testing. A son of a rich family who was not on the island at the time may or may have not been tested after police confirmed he wasn't on the island. The did dna testing on who they believed had the best chance being involved.

Despite their tactics, it appears based on numerous things, especially dna, they have caught the culprits. For many it is hard to accept because they maybe are not Thai or it wasn't a rich established Thai family on a killing/rape spree or it didn't fit what ever theory they were convinced happened or simply because jumping on a conspiracy bandwagon makes them feel good.

You would make the cops smile. You contradict yourself in two side-by-side sentences: The son of the Headman was NOT DNA tested. Did any of the 203 Burmese men have the convenience of declining a DNA test? No, of course not. Only family members of the Headman, who were PRIME SUSPECTS for the first 10 days after the crime. They would still be prime suspects if the investigation wasn't subjective and inept. As for the rich son's alibi: it's as solid as wet toilet paper. It rests on a very poorly photoshopped still from a security camera.
"IF" he wasn't tested it was because he was not even on the island. You folks who want to make up conspiracy theories were the ones who originally said he fled the island after the murder but the facts turned out he left the island week(s) before the murder. Where there immigrant workers in Bangkok being tested who were not on the island when this happened? But for some strange reason you think a kid from a rich family should be. I also saw no news reports saying he was not tested after police tracked him down and interviewed and verified he wasn't on the island.

You're full of misconceptions. The son of the Headman was very likely on the island when the murders took place, because when the investigation started, the Headman told police that his son left the island the morning after the crime. The Headman retracted that statement later, when it became clear it was incriminating. We had an entire thread on ThaiVisa talking about the son's alibi - and the supporting photos were shot to pieces as 4th quality retouched. Some of the commentators who said the photos were ridiculously bogus were photo/camera experts.

John goes on to say: "for some strange reason you think a kid from a rich family should be (DNA tested)"

Boomerangutang responds: YES. ABSOLUTELY. particularly when he's a prime suspect, or should be, except now Thai officialdom has its scapegoats, so there will be no further investigation. Not only should the rich kid and his cop friends and his uncle 'Mon' be DNA tested, but the testing should be done by independent non-Thai technicians. Thai officials cannot be trusted to handle DNA. They've lost any bit of credence and objectivity they may have ever had.

I thought to call a Thai attorney friend of mine, to see if he'll represent the defendants, but I like the guy too much to see him killed - which is what may happen to any attorney who talks to the Burmese. This is Thailand, stranger things have happened.

If you want to choose to believe what is contradictory to what you want to believe then really no sense debating ... the headsman's kid was not on the island and was in Bangkok. This has already been established by numerous evidence but let the internet "experts" have their way with photos as they have done with the phone which again was based on nonsense.

No matter how long you have been there or family ties ....Pffff..... Thai husbands become drunks all the time and just walk out leaving wife and kids behind without a care ... so why would a Burma person being a drunk and / or drug addict >>> if he did it stick around .. ? Pleeaase !!!

Do you think the Burmese are angels? Or Cambodians? Not, they are not. Both countries went through terrible civil wars and bloody revolutions. The rape in both countries is a norm. Women are mere objects. Thai police made a complete mess of this particular case. Why is it difficult to consider the possibility that the Burmese did it? They are the lowest of the low class in Thailand, Thai women do not want to be associated with them, they have needs like anyone else, their needs are highly unlikely to be fulfilled by Thai women, they are treated as slaves etc...etc...Depraved of sex, frustrated, continually humiliated, inadequate young men full of testosterone and supressed rage are certainly capable of committing terrible crimes.

• Like 2

An outrage. Not just te scapegoat side of it. But the fact that they think we're ALL stupid enough to believe them

I certainly don't regard myself as stupid but as for you the amount of support you got for your post says it all.

I've asked before but will asked again

If these guys are innocent and have been set up why are they not shouting their heads off claiming they have been set up?

I do't agree with re-enacting the crime but if they show how they did it and that fits in with what forensic say what happened then their confessions hold more water.

Let me answer for you.

you're a kfukin troll

They may be getting paid to admit it and be out when it all goes quiet.

The end result of this situation is that it is very unsettling for expats to think or suspect that these young men are being scapegoated. AS A RESULT, THAILAND SHOULD BE AWARE THAT PEOPLE WILL BE VERY HESITANT TO TRAVEL TO THIS ISLAND. IF THEY THOUGHT THAT THEIR BUSINESS HERE WAS IN trouble, it is really in trouble with this publicity for sure.

"IF" he wasn't tested it was because he was not even on the island. You folks who want to make up conspiracy theories were the ones who originally said he fled the island after the murder but the facts turned out he left the island week(s) before the murder. Where there immigrant workers in Bangkok being tested who were not on the island when this happened? But for some strange reason you think a kid from a rich family should be. I also saw no news reports saying he was not tested after police tracked him down and interviewed and verified he wasn't on the island.

Long John Silver,put off your ugly brown glasses.

So who said he was not on the island ? His father or the adobe shop fake security photos ?

Also there was a photo on fb where you can see this guy on sep 17th near Chumpon with a tire change

of his white red numbered benz.So weeks,huh ?

Don´t know how much you get paid for

but the headmaster just should change his supporter.

You are anoying all day/all night long.

John have you had a look at the disturbing heart wrenching photos's. If not I suggest you do.

Also did you wonder why the real suspect arrived at first light, traipsing over the crime scene,

And, what was he doing taking a front seat at the re enactment in earshot of the suspect. Get back to us after you have an answer.

DNA from the semen originally collected from the crime scene which was also sent to Singapore matches with the suspects in custody. Suspects caught on video. Suspects seen at crime scene. Suspects admitted to crime. Suspects reenacted crime. Suspects friend confirms he left them there before they killed the couple and raped the women. But yea, that certainly doesn't trump who was at the crime scene after the facts or people's need to believe it had to be a rich Thai kid ... because he is rich and Thai.

An outrage. Not just te scapegoat side of it. But the fact that they think we're ALL stupid enough to believe them

I certainly don't regard myself as stupid but as for you the amount of support you got for your post says it all.

I've asked before but will asked again

If these guys are innocent and have been set up why are they not shouting their heads off claiming they have been set up?

I do't agree with re-enacting the crime but if they show how they did it and that fits in with what forensic say what happened then their confessions hold more water.

Let me answer for you.

you're a kfukin troll

They may be getting paid to admit it and be out when it all goes quiet.

Yes, if they got a lenient sentence after that guy got the death penalty for the train murder, then that would be pretty suspect.

This case has been a shame/sham since day one, murder scene unprotected by the investigators, no control of evidence, i.e tried to frame friend with pants found at the scene, they were found in his suitcase, now the phone incident friend gave phone to Police day after the murders were committed , now RTP claim it was located at one of the arrested men home. however no such Dept. as Internal Affairs within the RTP, too much corruption easier to pin the crime on someone else rather than do real police work and find the real perf. . it would be easier to believe the RTF only if an independent DNA sample was presented and the findings publicized.

admittedly i have only read the first 2 pages of this thread, but why is the inquest in the UK not being done until january of next year?!?! ?

<edit> seriously?!?! <deleted> gets deleted?!?! </edit>

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym

If you want to choose to believe what is contradictory to what you want to believe then really no sense debating ... the headsman's kid was not on the island and was in Bangkok. This has already been established by numerous evidence but let the internet "experts" have their way with photos as they have done with the phone which again was based on nonsense.

looks like you belong to a minority John.

https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210/photos/p.708913522519709/708913522519709/?type=1&theater

Proverbs 24:20 For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out.

Evil men will be rewarded, one way or the other. God will reward wicked men with grief, pain, and death. He will cut their lives off and send their souls down to eternal torment.

This verse is the second half of a proverb. Here is the first half: “Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked” (Pr 24:19). You should not worry or be jealous watching evil men prosper; God will not allow them to have a good ending.

When Solomon wrote here that an evil man will have no reward, he meant a good reward; he meant blessing and favor from heaven. God will not reward evil men with such good things – He will reward them with punishment to painfully destroy them, as stated in the last clause. God will put out their candle: He will end their wicked lives.

But first, he will buy them Ferraris.

Long John Silver,put off your ugly brown glasses.

So who said he was not on the island ? His father or the adobe shop fake security photos ?

Also there was a photo on fb where you can see this guy on sep 17th near Chumpon with a tire change

of his white red numbered benz.So weeks,huh ?

Don´t know how much you get paid for

but the headmaster just should change his supporter.

You are anoying all day/all night long.

John have you had a look at the disturbing heart wrenching photos's. If not I suggest you do.

Also did you wonder why the real suspect arrived at first light, traipsing over the crime scene,

And, what was he doing taking a front seat at the re enactment in earshot of the suspect. Get back to us after you have an answer.

DNA from the semen originally collected from the crime scene which was also sent to Singapore matches with the suspects in custody. Suspects caught on video. Suspects seen at crime scene. Suspects admitted to crime. Suspects reenacted crime. Suspects friend confirms he left them there before they killed the couple and raped the women. But yea, that certainly doesn't trump who was at the crime scene after the facts or people's need to believe it had to be a rich Thai kid ... because he is rich and Thai.

so why did the DNA not match the first time round, why did they have to bribe and beat a taxi driver the day before if they had evidence, why the farcical placing of the phone to incriminate them, if guilty why did they not leave in the 2 weeks after the murder, If the rich brat has nothing to hide why not give DNA voluntarily?

• Like 2

admittedly i have only read the first 2 pages of this thread, but why is the inquest in the UK not being done until january of next year?!?! ?

<edit> seriously?!?! W-T-F gets deleted?!?! </edit>

the Investigation has already begun in the UK, it takes time and the hearing is jan 6. This gives time for full investigation and findings to be collated, reviewed and considered.

It wont jump to conclusions and wont put out knee jerk theories or press releases, in short its done properly and that takes time.

• Like 2