help ! marriage divorce don't have a clue what to do

I lost my life savings, .... over 9,000,000 baht doing the same thing. Luckily no kids were involved. You can get a good lawyer and fight her for half, but it will be a long drawn out procedure. They do things like set a court date, to set a court date. you spend the time and money to go and nothing happens!

Where is the house built? That is where you will have to go to court. ... which could put you in jeapardy if there are death threats against you. Plus the costs of going and staying there each time, ..and there will be several times! Thai Court is that way! Plus, what you paid out is not what you will realize in return. For example, .. my house was continually over budget. Supoposed to take 6 months and cost 1.5 to 2 million baht. It took 2 years and was not quite finished, when I stopped the craziness. No way it would sell for what it cost me. It is in a small village 35 kms outside Surin, so low demand.

Then there is the land issue! My house is on land owned by her mother, which added problems. AND, it was not properly registered with the Land Office so could not be transferred or sold until proper registration occured!

You will be throwing good money after bad, and probably end up with ulcers with all the stress and worry you will go through!

I am screwed. I am too old to start over ... I can not work here, (Retirement Visa prohibits working) even if there were a decent paying job to be had. My puny pension, barely pays my rent, utilities and food, but I can survive and have peace of mind, knowing I was a good person that got taken advantage of. I got a few things out of the house because I had an influential Thai friend, (in the Army) and his presence made things happen. But it was small potatoes to what I lost.

Be honest with yourself! How many other expats told you to not do it, before you "block-headedly" did it anyway? Why, because your Thai gf (according to your I.Q.) was different? You are now a bonafide member of The Richard Forbrain Society. Congratulations,coffee1.gif

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Confused American 48

You posted a "War and Peace" story along these lines under "Ask a Lawyer" perhaps two months ago.

You then posted another question along the same lines to "Ask a Lawyer" a few weeks ago.

I sent you several long PM's explaining what you should do. You thanked me for the advice and said it was the best advice you received.

Well then - bl**dy listen to the advice I gave you. If you can't take genuine, constructive and sensible advice on board and act upon it then go beat yourself up on another Forum because as much sympathy as I feel for you I feel it is wasted if you don't act to protect your life. End of story.

• Like 1

To get a bit of balance....I assume that most peeps on TV know it is not just Thai ladies that can be scammers. Try going on a Russian contact site and there will be many youthful lovely ladies willing to have an older partener as long as you send them money.

Also I once met a Thai police lady from a dating site, and she told me she was investigating many cases of younger foreign men that would try to get money form older Thai ladies. Apparently many of them managed to fool the ladies into parting with many thousands of Bht.

I think she must have been quite high rank in the force because she used to skype me at work with full uniform on!

Edited by Slain

To get a bit of balance....I assume that most peeps on TV know it is not just Thai ladies that can be scammers. Try going on a Russian contact site and there will be many youthful lovely ladies willing to have an older partener as long as you send them money.

Also I once met a Thai police lady from a dating site, and she told me she was investigating many cases of younger foreign men that would try to get money form older Thai ladies. Apparently many of them managed to fool the ladies into parting with many thousands of Bht.

I think she must have been quite high rank in the force because she used to skype me at work with full uniform on!

I like a bit of uniform

50 shades of Thai

well this sap came to the wrong place for help, it seems that none of the posters save a few have any positive light to shine on the problem. how could they help,...they never made a misstake. no experiance with this kind of woman. they all have susy q's at home cooking, cleaning and helping them to be the best they can. bunch a change face cork suckers

• Like 1

I'm leaning towards "can't be real" unless there's an explanation for how someone so gullible managed to work up 120,000+ in cash.

These stories are older than any member of this group. How can anyone NOT know?

"There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase most likely spoken by David Hannum, in criticism of both P. T. Barnum, an American showman of the mid 1800s, and his customers. The phrase is often credited to Barnum himself. It means "Many people are gullible, and we can expect this to continue."

LINK

well this sap came to the wrong place for help, it seems that none of the posters save a few have any positive light to shine on the problem. how could they help,...they never made a misstake. no experiance with this kind of woman. they all have susy q's at home cooking, cleaning and helping them to be the best they can. bunch a change face cork suckers

Susy Q......i thought it was Suzy Wong.

If you weren't a troll I may have given you advice. If you are American and you can't write a sentence in proper English the US education system is as bad as the Thai one. The post look like a Thai trolling farangs.

That's pretty cruel. Many, many Americans aren't native English speakers. I run into them every day.

I think being the grammar police is obnoxious.

Is confused american for real? smells like a troll to me, well his english is very poor so he could be that dumb.

He would have to be that dumb to get involved with such trash and spend so much money. What really bothers me is that so many stories like that happen so frequently. How do so many stupid/naive/ignorant/desperate men even live long enough to make the plane trip to here?

I think a little harsh as a lot of men just have a good kind generous heart and want to have fun etc while looking after the lady that makes them happy and dont forget what gives some thai ladys the right to lie, cheat, and rob and then go to temple and think they are good lady, how soon some forget bought up on dirt floors and work rice paddies.

Being born and raised poor, does not mean you will lie, cheat, and steal; some poor people actually work hard to get out of poverty. However, I do not believe these nightmare relationships are always the fault of the woman. Many of the working girls have been hurt by farangs, promising anything just to get some nooky, then dumping them. I believe once the girl has worked for a time, and been through the game, she begins to think of herself as a commodity more than a person. She sells her wares to support her family and/or habits, and for the love of money. The gullible man who takes her and gives her house, car, clothes, and money is only a long-term customer; nothing more, for she is only a commodity incapable of being a woman. Funny, I can understand that, yet do not understand the farang who gets used.

Document forgery is a serious criminal offence in Thailand but you have to report the crime within 3 months of discovering the crime. You wont need a lawyer. Just report it to the police who will refer the criminal charges to the police prosecutor. But on the other hand i would call it a cheap lesson on how not to do it with a woman from any country. The sad part about this story if real is that you have a son involved. The best way to get your son back is to "starve them out of the jungle."

• Like 1

there is actually an ever increasing name check on all the russian and other scammers operating online on a special website

http://www.antiscam.org/

and the largest database of russian scammers operating

http://www.scammers.ru/

theres tons more of them blacklisted

In the end the foreigner learns that his beautiful Elena turned out to be a bearded Boris, but most likely the ill-starred foreigner will blame heartless Russian women for everything.

Edited by 3NUMBAS

I guess blood is thicker than water.... It has been going on for years in the LOS..... Can I ask where she was from? Just a thought. Personally? Have had many friends go through this in life..... I always practiced caution, cross the T's and dot the I's.... And if it helps, it isn't just unique to Thailand....

My best wishes are with you, but one must investigate, look, and be prepared......

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Jeez! Some you guys are unbelievable.

Let's firstly remember what this site is about.............to help one another.

I'm not surprised the OP hasn't been back to reply after the ridicule he has taken.

OK so his written English is poor but we all get the meaning and understand his post.

For some who have ridiculed his grammar, punctuation and spelling...............read your own posts, then get spell checker rolleyes.gif

If you want to ridicule someone's English ability, join an English Grammar Forum............then wait to be ripped apart.

Give the guy a break, at least he's making the effort to reach out for help and advice.

I bet this has happened to some of you posters, but you keep it hidden in a closet because you don't want to be labelled as 'stupid'.

Most of us have been 'shafted' out of money, by some scam or deceit, regardless of the amount of money.

The best and only advice we can give the OP is to get himself a lawyer, or walk away and learn from his experience.

• Like 1

Hi mate I had a friend have the same thing happen to him he took his thai on and one it all so take her on I would .

If I was you I would not care about her trying to kill you , find some thai people to help you Thais are not all like her ok take her on if you need some help I can get my friend to help you hop you take her on .

This thing can happen in your own country as well woman get all man get jack sh?t it happens all the time but here in thailand you just have to be one step ahead of a thai lady lean from it like I have here just give her what you can lose I have said to my self I can lose that and I will not put more in to thailand now I am going good and if my thai dose not like it I have told her the mango tree has a lot of mango so I will just go to the tree and get a new mango good luck stick in they mate you will win .

Err are you two by any chance related or went to the same school I think maybe you did .

its easy for a young western guy to take older clapped out woman cougar from just about anywhere for some money as they are all desperate for a cub

One Like for teaching us the phrase "clapped out woman cougar." Nice.

Document forgery is a serious criminal offence in Thailand but you have to report the crime within 3 months of discovering the crime. You wont need a lawyer. Just report it to the police who will refer the criminal charges to the police prosecutor. But on the other hand i would call it a cheap lesson on how not to do it with a woman from any country. The sad part about this story if real is that you have a son involved. The best way to get your son back is to "starve them out of the jungle."

Now that's a reply: good info in just two lines, plus a stark reminder for all of us—yes, it's jungle. But strange to hear of such stringent limitations for a "serious" crime. Disappointing if it's really 3 months.

If you weren't a troll I may have given you advice. If you are American and you can't write a sentence in proper English the US education system is as bad as the Thai one. The post look like a Thai trolling farangs.

That's pretty cruel. Many, many Americans aren't native English speakers. I run into them every day.

Is it cruel to be neither gentle, nor supportive? Not everything deserves gentle, unqualified support. He's right, a Thai trolling farangs would look like this.

If criticizing somebodys language automatically equates to being grammar police then its never reasonable to criticize anyone and we end up encouraging each other to use less and less brain with every lazy keystroke Really? there is no minimum standard we can reasonably expect people will at least want to achieve? if your typing your comments in a blinding hurry becuz you're ship is sinking okay but if you are sitting at a keyboard digesting you lunch is it too much to expect someone with opposable thumbs to put SOME—just some—effort in?

Been there and done that. Kept the threats of killing me on my mobile, police downloaded all of them, called her in and had a nice talk with her, about threatening death and demanding 100,000 Baht to sign divorce papers. She stopped and signed divorce papers. Now she is married to another foreigner.

Is it cruel to be neither gentle, nor supportive? Not everything deserves gentle, unqualified support. He's right, a Thai trolling farangs would look like this.

If criticizing somebodys language automatically equates to being grammar police then its never reasonable to criticize anyone and we end up encouraging each other to use less and less brain with every lazy keystroke Really? there is no minimum standard we can reasonably expect people will at least want to achieve? if your typing your comments in a blinding hurry becuz you're ship is sinking okay but if you are sitting at a keyboard digesting you lunch is it too much to expect someone with opposable thumbs to put SOME—just some—effort in?

If he isn't a native English speaker he may have worked much harder on his post than you did, speaking of effort.

But being grammar police is rude, counter productive, and disruptive of the flow. It's also off-topic and trolling, and bashing another poster by this board's rules definitions.

The thing that bothers me most it that it's just plainly mean.

• Like 1