Rights group arranges lawyers for Myanmar men

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Who is this JohnThailandJohn character anyway? Anyone know? He really seems to have an agenda. I'm going to block him now. It's maddening getting past his/her posts.

Someone told me they saw him and Woraphan holding hands walking down the main street of koh tao. But it's only a rumor, I have no proof.

>>> the scenario in the AC bar that night.

The scenario put forward by people on the internet?

>>> interviews with anyone connected with the victims or the suspects.

You mean to tell me the police did not let you sitin or at least provide you a translation of the interviews they did with the friends at the start including the ones not allowed to leave Thailand until they were finished interviewing them? They need to also get you the interviews with the suspects friends (witnesses) asap.

>>> prior criminal history of any of the suspects.

Again, I am shocked police have not forwarded you the background on everyone on the island or had the Myramar embassy cc you on all correspondence

>>> The murder weapon scenario changes every few days, and there's no mention of a punch blade, even though the male victim's upper body indicate such a weapon.

Until an investigation like this is completed and/or the have confessions this like this are often speculated on but am sure police are working to get you the complete and latest reports as we speak because this would be the norm.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

You mean to tell me the police did not let you sitin or at least provide you a translation of the interviews they did with the friends at the start including the ones not allowed to leave Thailand until they were finished interviewing them? They need to also get you the interviews with the suspects friends (witnesses) asap.

Again, I am shocked police have not forwarded you the background on everyone on the island or had the Myramar embassy cc you on all correspondence

>>> The murder weapon scenario changes every few days, and there's no mention of a punch blade, even though the male victim's upper body indicate such a weapon.

Until an investigation like this is completed and/or the have confessions this like this are often speculated on but am sure police are working to get you the complete and latest reports as we speak

Clearly these delays in the police sharing these details with you of an ongoing investigation and case makes me think it was the rich kid in Bangkok who conspired with the university, police and others to come up with the time stamped video of him in Bangkok that day and taking an exam at the University.

your responses would be almost comical were it not for the gravity of this case and the frame-up which is on-going.

I don't expect cops to broadcast everything they've found, but thus far they have broadcast a whole heck of a lot - all of it either to show they're doing something and/or to try bolster their case against the migrants. Note, I don't call the Burmese men 'suspects', because, according to the cops, they are already guilty, ...and essentially awaiting sentencing. I doubt there's any more investigating going on by police certainly not regarding any of the Headman's family members. If there is any work still being done by the police, it's a mopping up operation, seeing if they can find any more contrived 'evidence' to clamp down their framing of the migrants.

• Like 1

Who is this JohnThailandJohn character anyway? Anyone know? He really seems to have an agenda. I'm going to block him now. It's maddening getting past his/her posts.

I want to block him too. How do you do it? Every time I see his posts, I feel like puking.

• Like 1

I want to block him too. How do you do it? Every time I see his posts, I feel like puking.

Yes,i have same feeling.Where can i block him ? quick answer please

• Like 2

On the original topic "Rights group arranges Lawyers for Myanmar Men" I give big props and respect to Andy Hall and his group the "MWRN". He can be followed on his blog www.andyjhall.wordpress.com as well as twitter @atomicalandy.

He also encourages joining two FB groups

Justice for Myanmar Migrant Workers in Thailand
https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforMyanmarMigrantWorkersinThailand

Justice for Hannah Witheridge and David Miller
https://www.facebook.com/justiceforHannahandDavid/info

Hopefully the social media momentum will continue to grow and push this further into the international news headlines. We need questions answered as this story just does not add up...way! to many holes in this case and contradictory information.

He did the same in The American who died in Nana thread. A sick troll

• Like 1

You can block people through their profile but I think this one needs to be prodded a lot. It obviously gets his goat so it's quite fun.

He still hasn't done enough to join my list of 2.

• Like 1

4 questions:

Are the sons of the headman still on the island, or have they departed now that their 24 hour DNA test cleared them?

Have the 2 men in Sean's photo been identified and tested?

Is the taxi/tuktuk driver who said he was offered 700,000 baht for a fake story still around and safe?

Is the friend of Hannah's who supposedly gave the cell phone to the police, the same cell phone that was 'found' in the room of one of the Burmese boys, available to confirm her actions, or at least reachable?

4 questions:

Are the sons of the headman still on the island, or have they departed now that their 24 hour DNA test cleared them?

Is the taxi/tuktuk driver who said he was offered 700,000 baht for a fake story still around and safe?

Is the friend of Hannah's who supposedly gave the cell phone to the police, the same cell phone that was 'found' in the room of one of the Burmese boys, available to confirm her actions, or at least reachable?

To your first question:-
Can anyone add to what I'm thinking about the son of the headman who was a suspect until supposedly timestamped cctv footage was reported showing him to be in Bangkok at university at 0916am on the morning of the 15th?
From what I have gleaned, an emotional protestation of innocence and then the milion baht "find any of my family guilty then!" dare was issued following suspicion pointing towards the headman and his family.With a supposed cast iron alibi provided by this cctv his dna was not tested.
I read that the cctv evidence was provided as a print out of a still. Is this true?Anyone know anything else about this or can anyone provide a link to something more authenticated?
If the cctv and timestamp are genuine then he still could have got to koh samui on a 3 engine speed boat in time to catch the 1st or 2nd flight of the day to bangkok. He could have landed at 7am and been at university at 0916.
As far as I know no member of the headman's family have been tested for DNA at any time.
Are there other sons/nephews who were in koh tao that night?Testing just one family member would confirm or deny their innocence.
I have read reports that say the man on the right in Sean's photo was/is a plain clothes policeman.
2.Not to my knowledge.
3.Heard zero about this since it was reported.Concerning.Very.
4.Her name was "Abigail1989". I think the post is somewhere on TV forum?
Edited by intune53

A post in which the reply was made within the quoted post has been removed as it altered the content of the quoted post:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

4 questions:

Q 2

Mon,the brother of the headman had a suspicious quick DNA test and the other on the photo

is a police mate of him,never hear or see something about him again....wisely vanished ?

Q 3

After the offical statement from the taxi driver( there is a phot of this meeting somewhere) never heard again

Q 4

Abigal has confirmed that she gave Hannah´s mobile phone with password to the police officer(source here on TV and FB CSI LA)

Q1

very difficult to answer.

The sons were well protected and for my knowledge the earliest photo,despite the cartoon evidence images from Bkk university)

are some photos of him when he had a tire change with his car on sep 17th(source FB CSI LA)

Until an investigation like this is completed and/or the have confessions this like this are often speculated on but am sure police are working to get you the complete and latest reports as we speak because this would be the norm.

1. No John - the FACTS of what actually happened that night at the AC bar - does this one really need explanation?

2. I think he means interviews announced with key 'bar' people....oh hang on a minute - they did actually state that it couldn't have been Thais.....so, no need for that one. And here, we are not even counting all that homosexual rubbish in initial official statements.

3. Didn't think he was expecting a courier to arrive, just that you would think it would be important information....and be relevant for the Police to announce to support their claims. I mean, it seems that at least one individual involved was smart/experienced/prepared enough to rid the male victim's body of traceable DNA as the body was washed in the seawater.

4. So, it would be the 'norm', that 2 weeks on, the Police 'closed the case' by finding the killers - yet are still determining the(a) murder weapon? Seems odd to me. And would that not have been a critical piece of information to have been provided by the alleged confessors....I mean, they should know shouldn't they?

But carry on doing what you are doing. It may be worth relaying back that from the vibe on the last 20 odd pages or so, it seems that the people are just not drinking the kool aid.

Come on everyone on TV .. if you want to be sure about this then we need 10,000 sigs to move on it to petition the British Embassy and British government for another independent investigation, all people want is real justice and closure for David and Hannahs families, that means 100% without doubt .... get enough voices and the UK gov will have to open an investigation if they havnt already behind closed doors.

We can make a difference for once, all it takes are for good people to do something....

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller#share

Please Moderators im asking you on behalf of many do the right thing and let this link stay.

How can I get the signing portion in English? I hate the assumption by programs that I want in Thai language automatically. Give me English link and I will be more than happy to sign

You can block people through their profile but I think this one needs to be prodded a lot. It obviously gets his goat so it's quite fun.

He still hasn't done enough to join my list of 2.

Can´t find the "Block this user " button on his profile side.

Maybe i am too excited

• Like 1

Come on everyone on TV .. if you want to be sure about this then we need 10,000 sigs to move on it to petition the British Embassy and British government for another independent investigation, all people want is real justice and closure for David and Hannahs families, that means 100% without doubt .... get enough voices and the UK gov will have to open an investigation if they havnt already behind closed doors.

We can make a difference for once, all it takes are for good people to do something....

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller#share

Please Moderators im asking you on behalf of many do the right thing and let this link stay.

How can I get the signing portion in English? I hate the assumption by programs that I want in Thai language automatically. Give me English link and I will be more than happy to sign

Very bottom of the page right side, change language thumbsup.gif

Bottom right of the page - select you mother tongue:

Screen_Shot_2014_10_06_at_00_33_39.png

I had the same problem before.

Scoll down and at the right corner you will find the language options.

scapegoats found, confessions signed while they don't even speak/write thai

nice job

let the money flow start again

any tourist should be ashamed to go there again

any RTP with 1% of self worth, should quit their job as they only collect money from myanmar illegals & businesses

Well between the Thai police statements and the rumours and innuendos posted on this forum ...I can honestly say I don't know either way...

They have suspects , I'm sure a trial will take place with some form of representation for the accused.....then hopefully justice will prevail ..

Absolutely shocking to see how much faith some posters place in the police and law-enforcement in general - I mean seriously.

How can some posters not understand that rich people are above the law in here?

Do those posters remember the Sukhumvit supercar 'accident? Do they remember the minivan accident on the expressway?

How can they be so dismissive in their thinking?

Not everything is always black and white in Thailand. This isn't some spoiled little rich kid who happened to only have one police department on him. This is a highly watched with EVERY detail scrutinized. Not just one or two but HUNDREDS of police involved. Do you not think one more many of them would get wind of this cover up? Details would leak because people love drama. If someone found real evidence of a cover up, everyone would know instantly.

Can you imagine how elaborate yet at the same time- stupid the police would need to be to concoct this? Think about it. They would have needed to plan this from the beginning. To plant the sperm of the accused in Hannah. Huh?? How is that possible? They sent the semen to singapore so that in itself would prove they did not plant any evidence. Singapore has original samples. I'm positive it will be tested (independently) with the Burmese scum. (it was already).

Everyone wants the Thai to be the guilty one. Why? Maybe he did have something to do with it. Maybe others did too. However there is no evidence. There is no smoking gun.

The owner of AC already looks bad as his workers were the ones to have committed the crime.

People need to stop with all this conspiracy crap. Seriously. Yes we know the police are corrupt bastards. They've suckered money out of me and everyone i know. This is one of the few times they actually did their job. It took them a while to do real detective work but I'm sure it was the result of outside help. No one is really all that impressed. If they would have followed their lead on the cigarette in the first place and looked at cctv footage right away they would have found the suspects.

• Like 1

If the comment of ' exemplary professionalism ' alleged to have been made by the British Ambassador is true the embassy will try to dance around our complaints as Kent will not be too keen on having to reverse his gushing position by making demands.

Can i suggest that pressure needs to be put on the Foreign Office to demand answers from the embassy and tell them to get on with things. Kent and his staff may ignore us but London is an entirely different matter. Unfortunately there's so much going on elsewhere to distract the British media as their pressure too would carry an even bigger voice.

I apologise to the Brit's but I did not like the look of or actions of your Ambassador to Thailand. He appears dark within and out and looked disinterested.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good news, everyone should have legal counsel when jailed guilty or not. However, this will not help those who cannot accept the overwhelming evidence against these two or those who want to believe it was the rich Thai kid (for no other reason than he is rich and Thai) that did it who was taking an exam at school in Bangkok and appeared on security cameras that day in Bangkok.

No doubt the lawyers will be able to collect new DNA samples from their clients and have it compared against the DNA results from the semen taken from the scene originally and sent to both Thai and Singapore labs. But again, doubt this will convince some of admitting their original suspicions were wrong.

While police may have done things wrong, there is no plausible way they could fake the DNA and expect to get away with it unless these two accused disappear from the planet and nobody can ever check their or their family's DNA ever again.

What exactly is the "overwhelming evidence" you keep referring to? I think most people have very little faith in anything the BIB say especially after their lamentable performance in this case and we only know what they say about the DNA.They seem to be mostly relying on the "confessions" which are not evidence.

Again based on what is being reported ...

There friend who was with them right up until the crime will be a witness against them.
Witnesses have put them around the scene at the time of the incident as well as video.
They didn't come forward despite weeks of the publicly stating they were looking for those singing/playing guitar and in at least one of the videos.
A phone of one of the victims was found at their place. (not the phone Facebook forensics keep showing that was collected and displayed by police in the first days of the investigation)
They confessed
They reenacted in front of hundreds of people.
And the big kicker -- their DNA matches the semen on the victim.

And to add ...

The Semen DNA collected well before these two identities were known was also sent to Singapore. So, at least two labs have typed the DNA. Now we have two suspects who match that DNA. Two suspects unless who disappear from the face of the earth (along with their family) will be able to be checked again by their lawyers, NGO and others who want to prove their innocence down the road. (something the police know)

So, in your mind they are ready for conviction or should we just cut that too and just execute them?