Thai teen seeks PM's help

Lite Beer

So she fell under the skytrain because of drowsiness? The skytrain in singapore has automatic doors on the perron to enter the skytrain. How could she still fall under the skytrain then?

Then she got legs from the thai queen but she wants to have to most advanced prosthetic legs now from singapore.

I have been wounded several times in Thai resorts but it was hard enough to get a plaster from them to stop the bleeding.

Not quite the same thing really, is it?

Hope someone does help this girl, a terrible thing to happen to anyone.

nobody including the teen's father, mentioned anything about the half a million sg dollars they received from the singapore public donation at all. That money was handed over just weeks after the incident. It ran out so soon that they have to request for donated artificial limp? Seriously nobody can blame them for trying to milk as much money as possible. But there is a limit to my sympathy and it was when the teen's dad declared that just because a nation is rich, they must take on his failure to ensure his daughter's well being prior to the incident.

That may be as such, however it's not the girls fault the money ran out.

The dad may have said something along the lines you say he did, never heard that before but I can believe someone grief stricken at the tragedy that has befallen their child might say something like that.

It doesn't change the fact that she needs help and my hope she gets it.

• Like 1

namdocmai does have a point, and he/she is brave to stand his/her point even though it's well known it will get alot of criticism. Compassion aside with some news of this gets reported on TV "Ohhh my condolences, sorry for this, and that".

Let's see, so the girl falls on this train station and loses both her legs. I'm sure it was painful and if it could have been prevented, she would have been more aware of the situation. But the point is, nobody caused her to be in that accident. She fell on her own, which we don't know, but the Singaporean government has proven in court. From what I've read from this thread, gets donation from the Singapore side, now that's not enough. The Thai side helps her, and I'm sure with all the media she gets, even more donations and visitors are coming. But hey, that's not enough, she still calls for more help. Not my business or namdocmai's, if the girl wants the best of the best. But that's where exactly the problem is. It's that attitude.

This guy walking on the pedestrian bridge crossing the road, falls by himself on the bridge, and loses arms or legs. Who's fault is it? From what I know, most people would accept it's their fault, and can only blame themselves, BUT still work to the best of their abilities with what they have. Very humble, honorable people. I've helped a lot of these people with substantial amounts of money in my life. Some even refuse the "extra" and they just let me know, what is enough, and they are grateful.

She's not the only girl in this kingdom with no legs, there are far worst out there, who are still working with what they have, driving trucks like the news last month. These guys are the real heroes. Not this princess, I want this I want that, someone is responsible for this.

Think about it. Just a different perspective. Everyone needs help in this world, help those who have the courage and heart to stand up for themselves and still willing to help others even though they are at an disadvantage.

• Like 2

namdocmai does have a point, and he/she is brave to stand his/her point even though it's well known it will get alot of criticism. Compassion aside with some news of this gets reported on TV "Ohhh my condolences, sorry for this, and that".

Let's see, so the girl falls on this train station and loses both her legs. I'm sure it was painful and if it could have been prevented, she would have been more aware of the situation. But the point is, nobody caused her to be in that accident. She fell on her own, which we don't know, but the Singaporean government has proven in court. From what I've read from this thread, gets donation from the Singapore side, now that's not enough. The Thai side helps her, and I'm sure with all the media she gets, even more donations and visitors are coming. But hey, that's not enough, she still calls for more help. Not my business or namdocmai's, if the girl wants the best of the best. But that's where exactly the problem is. It's that attitude.

This guy walking on the pedestrian bridge crossing the road, falls by himself on the bridge, and loses arms or legs. Who's fault is it? From what I know, most people would accept it's their fault, and can only blame themselves, BUT still work to the best of their abilities with what they have. Very humble, honorable people. I've helped a lot of these people with substantial amounts of money in my life. Some even refuse the "extra" and they just let me know, what is enough, and they are grateful.

She's not the only girl in this kingdom with no legs, there are far worst out there, who are still working with what they have, driving trucks like the news last month. These guys are the real heroes. Not this princess, I want this I want that, someone is responsible for this.

Think about it. Just a different perspective. Everyone needs help in this world, help those who have the courage and heart to stand up for themselves and still willing to help others even though they are at an disadvantage.

I 'm happy to see that this forum also has broad minded people.

I didn't know the family allready got a 12 million baht from Singapore, that even makes it more eyebrow raising in my opinion. They want the world to know that Singapore didn't pay them but forgot to tell they allready got 12 million from them.

Well the message to me is that Singapore is a very decent country because they paid them so much. I don't understand why the Royal family had to help them after getting 12 million baht (half million sgd$).

This family looks pretty greedy in my opinion.

But i sure wish that girl all the best and understand that they try this. If i was that father i would have been very gratefull to Singapore and never dare to ask for more money. I would consider it as my daughters (and her doctor) fault.

But he added: "My daughter has to replace these artificial legs with the ones controlled by neural signals, which is very expensive.

I feel pity for the daughter to have a father like that. When the accident happened in Singapore I was during the time in Singapore and a lot of Singaporean's contributed money to the medical fund ans she was treated at the best hospital money can buy in Singapore.

Falling under a train I know happens, wat I don't understand is being so tired you fall under a train. If I'm that tired I go to bed. I find Asian people sleep as soon as they stop moving, sleep in Cafes , trains, buses, taxis, yet none actually put in great effort whilst actually at work or school. They spend many hours there, yes, but sleep wen they feel like it. Go anywhere in Asia, Japan, Korea,china wherever , no one in the shop they're asleep, asleep at their desk in an office. Wouldn't it be better to be at work or school for less time & go to bed earlier. Makes sense to me

I didn't know the family allready got a 12 million baht from Singapore, that even makes it more eyebrow raising in my opinion. They want the world to know that Singapore didn't pay them but forgot to tell they allready got 12 million from them.

Well the message to me is that Singapore is a very decent country because they paid them so much. I don't understand why the Royal family had to help them after getting 12 million baht (half million sgd$).

But i sure wish that girl all the best and understand that they try this. If i was that father i would have been very gratefull to Singapore and never dare to ask for more money. I would consider it as my daughters (and her doctor) fault.

How much were the hospital bills in Singapore? Are the hospitals expensive?

Also if it were my daughter I would never stop asking for help if help was needed.

Finally, the girl fainted and fell under a train, is that really her fault?

Edited by Bluespunk

Has any one reported what caused the "Drowiness", to me this means sleepy, not the same as a medical condition.

I was wondering the same thing, as it sounds more like she fainted. Fainting can be a sign of a benign, or not, heart rhythm irregularity.

what an unfortunate accident, but this girl has received millions from donations and the royal family. They are just being plain greedy now for asking the state to pay for advance prosthetic that are control by neurons. Don't want to sound mean, but there are many poor children in Thailand that don't even have a prosthetic leg to walk on.

I admire her courage to continue fighting and that's why I believe she will be successful in life.

• Like 1

Well if she really fell under the skytrain because of drowsiness then i don't see why singapore is responsible for that. Then she should sit in a wheelchair, not walk in a city like Singapore.

I think also BKK doesn't have those automatic doors on every bts-station yet. Maybe the princess can help getting them, or the tsunami-alarms.

Even where they have them in Bangkok they aren't always used.

Also if it were my daughter I would never stop asking for help if help was needed.

Her fainting....if this is what it was is hardly the fault of the Singapore Railways.

• Like 1

Next time when I cross the street on the public road and get in an accident, I'll sue the government for not having pedestrian walls. It's just not my fault... but others.

I was drowsy, and didn't have energy to look if cars were coming.

Point is, we take responsibility for EVERYTHING we do in our daily lives. People are often blinded by compassion and media, that can excuse everything wrong. What if she wasn't taking the train, what if she was operating a machinery or a car, that could harm others at stake, and she went "drowsy". It's a responsibility thing. We all have our health and we understand the status we are in. If we feel unwell and nausea, or any other health conditions which might affect other passengers in an aircraft, I think it's a "responsibility" to say, let's not board this flight, let's get well first.

Accidents happen, and I as well as others, wished this accident didn't happen in the first place. But it did. Accidents happen to good people and bad people. People automatically assume good.

"He said he wanted the world to know that Singapore, one of the planet's richest nations, had taken no responsibility for the incident."

The father despite having received tremendous aid from the Singapore Government, still threatened Singapore to ruin the image and reputation, and will cause all harm and media coverage. Not the type of person, we would want to make friends with in my opinion. I could even say, the father is more after the money than anything else. He has lost the principle. He lost the lawsuit against the train, which he was supposed to lose because his daughter with freewill caused the accident. The train company could even counter sue for damages caused to the train and disruption of services. But they didn't, they absorbed all court costs. That's very humane already. But remember, they are a business, not a charity organization, so what they have done, I would say was fair already.

It's the media and the fact that a little girl lost her legs that suddenly hide all this attitude problems with this family.

1) Today if a drunk motorcyclist trespassed the red light, and you crash to him in your car with green light. Who's at fault? Obviously the motorcyclist.

2) Today if a drunk motorcyclist trespassed the red light, and you crash to him in your car with green light. He lost his legs and arms, he is the only sole bread provider of his family, he has a grandma to take care of, and 5 year olds with some disease. No relatives and friends. Who's at fault? That's your answer to this thread.

Some can't differentiate between 1 and 2, others can. 1 and 2 is exactly the same accident for those with a true eye.

Today this girl would have received more compassion from 99% of the people, if they accepted this as their own fault, and how her life would go on from today and the challenges she meet. How despite her problem, she will continue to live to the best of her abilities, and to help others in society. Now that is a great story.

But her and the dad, chose this path to blame others and DEMAND everything. I've met many beggars, even those who stalk and demand you to give them money because it's our fault they are poor. These I never cared about. I help those who don't ask for help.

As other posters have said, GREED.

Her fainting....if this is what it was is hardly the fault of the Singapore Railways.

Never said it was.

Only pointed out that it wasn't the young girl's fault she fainted and fell under the train.

Are you suggesting otherwise?

Edited by Bluespunk