Koh Tao murder report to go to prosecutors this week: police

webfact

online source

National police chief Somyot Pumpanmuang said suspect Zaw Rim, 21, had intended to take the victim’s mobile phone for his own use, but he later found the device cannot be used in Thailand, so he smashed and discarded it in his livingquarters.

Yeah,very smart to smash 20.000 baht when your monthly income is 5.000 baht

and even smarter to place the murder-rape crime evidence in his own backyard....

• Like 1

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not a mastermind on I-phones nor Burmese workers but !!!!!

If a kid had a phone worth 15-20,000 baht I very much doubt he'd smash it if he couldn't get it to work. An island full of westeners... surely he might think about selling it for a weeks money before smashing it.

I think the odds are very high now that the answers will be posted as links to CSI LA page laugh.png

online source

National police chief Somyot Pumpanmuang said suspect Zaw Rim, 21, had intended to take the victim’s mobile phone for his own use, but he later found the device cannot be used in Thailand, so he smashed and discarded it in his livingquarters.

I bet the online source is CSI LA.

But please tell us why would David walk around for days with a phone in his pocket that couldn't be used ?

Since the Malayan suspect stayed in Thailand 3 years already, he must have known that in Thailand every phone can be modified to work, so why would he smash it ?

What I don't understand is the big deal being made of there being blond hair on Hannahs phone when she had blond hair and it was long.

The blond hair was not on Hannahs phone it was on Davids phone that police found in his luggage that miraculously ended up in the bushes behind one of the scapegoats suspects house.

We all up to speed now?

Ok, let's work together here for a moment to try and clarify this because were not getting very far.

Can we get 100% clarity that blonde hairs were found on David's phone and that it was found in his luggage?

I can find statements that say David's phone was located but I cannot find a statement that says David's phone was located in his luggage.

I cannot find statements that say there was blonde hair on David's phone.

Can anyone find something that says David's phone was in his luggage?

Can anyone find something that says David's phone had blonde hairs on it?

Preferably, we need a link to a website that has the police saying either of the above on video or at least a direct quote.

I think this is going to be problematic because of the way media outlets have either misinterpreted, paraphrased and translated original statements.

For example: "police located a pair of Mr Ware's trousers in David Miller's luggage and an iPhone with blonde hair snagged on it" does not necessarily mean that the phone was located in David''s luggage.

If they said, "inside David Miller's luggage police located a pair of Mr Ware's trousers and an iPhone with blonde hair snagged on it" then the meaning is different.

For example: "police located a pair of Mr Ware's trousers in David Miller's luggage and an iPhone with blonde hair snagged on it" does not necessarily mean that the phone was located in David''s luggage.

How else can you take that? It was all in the same sentence. I believe the word "AND" is the tell tale word that the phone AND the pants were found in the same place.

I'm not a mastermind on I-phones nor Burmese workers but !!!!!

If a kid had a phone worth 15-20,000 baht I very much doubt he'd smash it if he couldn't get it to work. An island full of westeners... surely he might think about selling it for a weeks money before smashing it.

Having had some Burmese/Myanmar staff I can confirm some are incredibly DIM.

The picture is quite clear to me......Thailand is done as a tourist destination or a home to expats...the people are corrupted by money and dis-like foreigners with a passion now....the government and police are beyond corrupt and self serving....its a mafia state basically.

Asia is opening up quick...Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam so on and so on.....its endless. Not perfect...I agree.....but it has to be better than getting murdered and the authorities not giving a damn.

Many new and interesting places to visit without the endless scams, the hate of the people and the threat of violence condoned by the authorities.

Its over Thailand.....bye bye

Not for me it isn't. If you really think Thais are any more xenophobic or money obsessed than other nationaliies you might want to get out more!

Yes in my opinion they are the most xenophobic and money obsessed of all Asia. And I live in Thailand and I've been in all the countries in Asia.

Maybe it depends on where in Thailand one lives and who one mixes with? I guess everyone has different experiences of life in Thailand. I'm just glad my experience is different from yours!

Sure... or maybe you didn't stay long time... everything looks so nice the first time you come to thailand ;)

Ok, let's work together here for a moment to try and clarify this because were not getting very far.

Can we get 100% clarity that blonde hairs were found on David's phone and that it was found in his luggage?

I can find statements that say David's phone was located but I cannot find a statement that says David's phone was located in his luggage.

Preferably, we need a link to a website that has the police saying either of the above on video or at least a direct quote.

I think this is going to be problematic because of the way media outlets have either misinterpreted, paraphrased and translated original statements.

If they said, "inside David Miller's luggage police located a pair of Mr Ware's trousers and an iPhone with blonde hair snagged on it" then the meaning is different.

You are splitting hairs here. Good dissemination. Latest amended police statement. David's phone was located by the RTP, initially. It was later found in the bushes behind the B2 lodgings. I suggest both you and Anthony5 get reinforcements in to try and discredit genuine concerns.

What you fail to realise, both of you, is a cover-up, by it's very nature, is imperfect. And I notice that you have both failed to discredit a whole list of questions submitted by other posters. About time you got your act together.

Why don't you just leave the accusations behind and try to answer Tazwa's questions.

After all the questions he is looking for answers are things you and other have been claiming for some time already, yet still fail to provide a CREDIBLE link.

F.Y.I. the facebook page from CSI LA is not considered a credible source.

You should read responses before trying to bully your way out. I answered Tazwa's relevant question relating to the history of David's phone. The links are all available if you can bother to troll through. And neither are you a credible source. What I like you to answer but you will ignore, is what vested interest you have in this case, because it's sure not justice.

What I don't understand is the big deal being made of there being blond hair on Hannahs phone when she had blond hair and it was long.

The blond hair was not on Hannahs phone it was on Davids phone that police found in his luggage that miraculously ended up in the bushes behind one of the scapegoats suspects house.

We all up to speed now?

You are splitting hairs here. Good dissemination. Latest amended police statement. David's phone was located by the RTP, initially. It was later found in the bushes behind the B2 lodgings. I suggest both you and Anthony5 get reinforcements in to try and discredit genuine concerns.

What you fail to realise, both of you, is a cover-up, by it's very nature, is imperfect. And I notice that you have both failed to discredit a whole list of questions submitted by other posters. About time you got your act together.

I really think that this is a pathetic cover-up, but it could be also possible that David had 2 or more phones...

The real question is are we looking at one phone or two.

Is the phone found in the bushes different then the one discovered earlier in the investigation. And I don't mean Hannah's phone.

Big question there, I would love to know the answer.

I don't think people frequently go clubbing on holiday with two phones. But there is also that possibility.

We all up to speed now?

How else can you take that? It was all in the same sentence. I believe the word "AND" is the tell tale word that the phone AND the pants were found in the same place.

This is exactly the problem. It can be read two ways.

If you google "David Miller luggage phone" you will find that the police statement has been interpreted different ways. A lot of sources simply say that the phone was located but no mention that it was in his luggage.

How many sources can we find where the report just says police found a phone in David's luggage? I can't find any but I'm still looking.

Is the phone found in the bushes different then the one discovered earlier in the investigation. And I don't mean Hannah's phone.

I don't think people frequently go clubbing on holiday with two phones. But there is also that possibility.

Is the phone found in the bushes different then the one discovered earlier in the investigation.

No it is the same phone, because the police lost the post-it on which they penned down the statements they made so far, and are now caught red handed by a few tv posters.

NEXT.......................

Is the phone found in the bushes different then the one discovered earlier in the investigation.

No it is the same phone, because the police lost the post-it on which they penned down the statements they made so far, and are now caught red handed by a few tv posters.

NEXT.......................

My question is genuine.

Your response was infantile. Why don't you try to step up your game a bit?

You could try saying "oh no you did'nt" and waggle your finger at the screen.

• Like 1

Are those the same trousers the police admitted to having placed in Miller's luggage? The ones initially supposed to be blood stained but then weren't? One of the first of the many extraordinary twists and turns in this case.

Maybe it depends on where in Thailand one lives and who one mixes with? I guess everyone has different experiences of life in Thailand. I'm just glad my experience is different from yours!

Sure... or maybe you didn't stay long time... everything looks so nice the first time you come to thailand wink.png

10 years so far. Still here. If I didn't like living here, I wouldn't.

online source

and even smarter to place the murder-rape crime evidence in his own backyard....

I find it difficult to comprehend how these two kids can commit murder....rape....another brutal murder....and then steal a phone into the bargain.....then throw it in a bush behind their hut.

What did they do with the clothes they were wearing which must have been covered in blood?

Perhaps the police should search those bushes more thoroughly.

Motive.....rape, murder or theft of a mobile phone?

Its not adding up for me.

online source

National police chief Somyot Pumpanmuang said suspect Zaw Rim, 21, had intended to take the victims mobile phone for his own use, but he later found the device cannot be used in Thailand, so he smashed and discarded it in his livingquarters.

I find it difficult to comprehend how these two kids can commit murder....rape....another brutal murder....and then steal a phone into the bargain.....then throw it in a bush behind their hut.

What did they do with the clothes they were wearing which must have been covered in blood?

Which is why David had the phone in Thailand as it didn't work, and why Chris could identify it as David's phone when it was recovered from the murder scene when David couldn't use it here.

Are we even listening to this. ? Are we this stupid ?

• Like 1

online source

National police chief Somyot Pumpanmuang said suspect Zaw Rim, 21, had intended to take the victims mobile phone for his own use, but he later found the device cannot be used in Thailand, so he smashed and discarded it in his livingquarters.

On face value either Is human rights Thailand

http://www.samuitimes.com/human-rights-commission-thailand-ask-anonymous-information-koh-tao-murders/

online source

http://www.samuitimes.com/human-rights-commission-thailand-ask-anonymous-information-koh-tao-murders/

Thanks for the link No3. Curious that Thai NHRC chairman is asking people to contact him anonymously. Curiouser that some Thais don`t feel safe to do so and don`t trust Thai NHRC Or is that a scare tactic to deter folk from coming forward?.

More news on:

http://twitter.com/Atomicalandy

Edited by heyexile

You would think Thai authorities would welcome an independent investigation if they were so damn sure that these individuals were responsible....and had some real hard, irrefutable evidence to back it up

Edited by Smurkster

You would think Thai authorities would welcome an independent investigation if they were so damn sure that these individuals were responsible....and had some real hard, irrefutable evidence to back it up

Ive a feeling there is evidence that some dont want reviewed that may well lead to others involved. Its looking as much like damage limitation as anything else at the moment.

We KNOW now confirmed by pathologist and the RTP on camera there was a third set of DNA found on Hannahs body.

So start taking DNA from anyone refusing previous, and the whole Island.

Any third sample should give a very good indication of any likely nationality or ethic minority even family when compared with other samples of known relatives.

ATM there is at least one other rapist murderer still at large and maybe more...

Koh Tao is most definitely not safe atm

Edited by englishoak

online source

Thanks for the link No3. Curious that Thai NHRC chairman is asking people to contact him anonymously. Curiouser that some Thais don`t feel safe to do so and don`t trust Thai NHRC Or is that a scare tactic to deter folk from coming forward?.

More news on:

http://twitter.com/Atomicalandy

It's an anonymous focal point being led by the commissioner himself

Information that can be handed over to lawyers because execution of these two boys will be expedited to save face and because these agencies have no time to scroll through chats

I think it's great and it s anonymous. Will help people to speak freely no ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If SIM is there, then there is no problem for identifications of the owner of the phone. There will be always calls received or dialed out. I wonder if the phone still has the sim card in it, or police taken that for enquiry, if so then would be easy to prove. surely the police can show that to reporters.

Even if SIMCARD is not there, there is an EMEI number (Unique identification number provided by manufactures, except if it is fake phone manufactured by a Chinese company) in phone, that can be the ID of phone used any network in the world, the victim or anyone contacted last. And Koh-Tao has not many towers like Bangkok, they can narrow down the search to pin point whom the phone belongs to.

Police should come up with more evidence to prove the case, rather than threaten the public not to speak against their investigation.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If SIM is there, then there is no problem for identifications of the owner of the phone. There will be always calls received or dialed out. I wonder if the phone still has the sim card in it, or police taken that for enquiry, if so then would be easy to prove. surely the police can show that to reporters.

Even if SIMCARD is not there, there is an EMEI number (Unique identification number provided by manufactures, except if it is fake phone manufactured by a Chinese company) in phone, that can be the ID of phone used any network in the world, the victim or anyone contacted last. And Koh-Tao has not many towers like Bangkok, they can narrow down the search to pin point whom the phone belongs to.

Police should come up with more evidence to prove the case, rather than threaten the public not to speak against their investigation.

Chinese manufactured phone it is then !

Done.

Next?

online source

They seem to have had no motive, except being very drunk.

I am 190 cm tall, 86 kg and can throw a good punch. However, last time I was very drunk (last saturday), I could not even had won a fight with a 150 cm burmese guy - even if he had been in a wheel chair. These guys managed to kill two people and even commit rape. Quite amazing for two very small drunk guys.

I however do understand why they do not remember all in detail from that night, if they where so drunk.

Koh Tao is most definitely not safe atm

Good job me and the misses aren't off to KT for a year next month....... oh wait, we are.

I'm hoping it will be still ok on KT considering, we have put too much into this move to back out now.

I just hope all this is resolved, with the true perpetrators found, closure for the family and a once again safe island to live on.

Matt.