British Resident suffers broken arm over 40 baht parking fee in Central Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was on th road

I don't know the area, Was it private property where he parked or public land.

If it is private then they ask for any parking fee they want and at any time they wish.

In Phuket public land parking fee is asked (if asked) from 09:00 till 21:00. (if i remember the times correctly)

So parking in normally parking fee areas should be for free at night times.

What?? Parking fee at 2:30 am??? It can't be true.

It was not a parking fee, it is a payment to look after his car so it does not get damaged, well it sounds like it did, i know it is stand over and wrong but sometimes better to pay and not have a problem and next time not to go back to the same place again.

The car park opposite the Diana Dragon is in front of the Metropole and has a barrier that clearly says "No Parking". As such he should have expected to pay an attendant for allowing him to park there. Having said that we do not know whether the car park owners were employing the attendant or whether the attendant was minding cars for a fee for his own profit.

Seems he wasn't actually in the car park, from the article:

Upon questioning the witnesses the police found out that the victim just park the a car on the edge of the road because he just want to buy something from a nearby store. When he returned to his car Mr.Todsapol asked him for the parking fee. Initially the police officers took Mr.Todsapol to police station in order to prosecute him according to Thai law.

So please, stop with the bashing of this poor guy.

Well said.

how convienent that a piece of wood was nearby.and look at the smirk on the coppers face as he squeezes his arm.

That is not a policeman touching his arm.

Correct. Khoo pai, similar to police but yam or guards who help the police.

Oh and everyone trying to show off their command of the Thai language should remember this is an English speaking thread, your posts and attempts to write the Thai language in English script impresses no one !!!

Yes thank you Rig Pig It is also against forum rules and i have removed some posts in pidgin English

The farang should have paid his damn fee like everyone else. Idiot. Why have I never been struck by wood? Because I pay for parking just like the Thais! Did he think being white would let him park for free? Sorry, this ain't no old English colony. Thainess is about correcting <deleted>.

• Like 1

So I've seen at least three people complain about "the cop squeezing the guys hand" yet none of you have yet read that the guys arm band clearly says rescue on it and the cop isn't a cop at all

and a dozen or more have said he is not a cop but a FIRST AID RESCUE [b.I.B.]

I'll be in Pattaya on October 16 to the 20th.

I'll make it a point to stop by and pay a visit to the pencil necked parking attendent.

JOF... Justice For Foriegners!!!

What do you intend to do? if it is anything other than say hello, pay the guys 40baht fine or have a cup of tea, you will regret it

What i intend to do is my business.

As far as "regreting it"......so far i haven't! And most likely, never will!

JOF!!!

hahaha, I am all for JOF but seriously from experience, you need to know when to shut up with regards to the Thai police or authority. If they have a single shred of power over you they will use it and often it will be corrupt. Enjoy your future beating or night in a cell

Seems he wasn't actually in the car park, from the article:

Upon questioning the witnesses the police found out that the victim just park the a car on the edge of the road because he just want to buy something from a nearby store. When he returned to his car Mr.Todsapol asked him for the parking fee. Initially the police officers took Mr.Todsapol to police station in order to prosecute him according to Thai law.

So please, stop with the bashing of this poor guy.

If he was not then i retract what i said.. must not have read correctly.

how convienent that a piece of wood was nearby.and look at the smirk on the coppers face as he squeezes his arm.

You seem to have missed the expression on the Brit's face. Obviously playing it for all it's worth. And undoubtedly he played arrogant Khun Farang when approached by the attendant. He certainly is to be congratulated on saving the Baht 40.

Vile apologist drivel from the great defender of the Thais....a cowardly attack as his attempt at extortion from this man was refused. What sot of depraved maniac attacks an old man with a stick over a measly 40B?

I suppose you would have prostrated yourself at his feet and handed him your wallet while apologising profoundly in your best Bar Girl .

anybody who has one of them so called pieces of wood or stick will know they are lethal if you connect right.i have one its my snake exterminator.

a heavy length of bamboo used for making ladders and scaffholding.

Similar thing happened to me two years ago, I was not asked for the money but I was told later that I should have given the attendant 40 baht when I parked outside a club late at night. I think I upset the attendant as he wanted me to park where I would get blocked in and I refused. Result of the two mistakes was that when I checked my car two week old car the next morning there were deep scratches to many parts of the car, resulting in the insurance company reluctantly paying out (after I got angry with them) about 20,000 baht for the repairs. I would rather have that than a broken arm. So now in a similar situation I flash the 40 bahts before I walk away from my car.

????

May be he should be lucky not being rapped or killed?

Just asking...

Nice of the man in uniform to squeeze his arm to see if he was telling the truth.

Should have paid his parking fee.

If you live and drive in Thailand you should know the procedure.

If he was back at home he would be looking at a 3000 baht fine.