British Resident suffers broken arm over 40 baht parking fee in Central Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could be a fracture; still not right to assault your elders

>> Mr.John Hayward aged 70 from England had suffered wounds to his left arm therefore the officers performed first aid on him before sending him to the Pattaya Memorial hospital<<

Thought so .His arm did not look broken to me .

how convienent that a piece of wood was nearby.and look at the smirk on the coppers face as he squeezes his arm.

That would be Rescue personnel, if you can read English and read the red Rescue lettering.

I park at the lot he is all the time, they have a little bamboo hut there to relax in, and I see 2x4's sitting there allot, he probably mouthed off and probably deserved it.

I am not new to Thailand, I have been here 14 years and pissing of a Thai is not to wise, just pay the $1.50 and go home, 40 baht is not worth a fight.

Thailand is like Mexico, mess with the bean you get the while burrito, mess with rice, you get the whole rice bowl.

Peace.

W.B.

he's a B.I.B or are you colour blind.

as for reading english you need to learn how to write it.

Welcome to thai prison Mr parking attendant ....

I doubt it. More like a talk and 500 baht.

This "Runt" should also be made to pay the medical expenses and compensation for "agony"

If he can't pay.........put him in the prison.......and let him see how "big" he is

A lesson for him......and his associates

Nice of the man in uniform to squeeze his arm to see if he was telling the truth.

Should have paid his parking fee.

If you live and drive in Thailand you should know the procedure.

If he was back at home he would be looking at a 3000 baht fine.

Nonsense. Show me a case where a 70 year old man had his arm broken and car smasked for the equavalent of 40baht "Back home"???

In tourist destinations its important to have good clear signage and even a little English from the staff. This is the way to enforce and fees fines, violence is not acceptable...Thai sycophants strike it again.

Edited by Pui

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Most of those parking lot guys just some thief scumbags that sells drugs, they use public road spaces to take money from people.

I really deeply hate them. They contribute to nothing other than demand money for doing nothing.

Thais will do everything to avoid loosing face, even beat a 70 years old man with a piece of wood, not even hands.

Welcome to Thailand.

"Thais will do everything to avoid loosing [sic] face ..."

Nice rant. Spreading the love.

It appears Khun Farang was so desperate to save face that he couldn't cough up Baht 40 and write it off as a lesson learned.

I really deeply hate them

Something tells me you feel that way about a lot of people.

IN a civilized country, which Thailand is not, the parking lot attendant would have taken he guy's license plate number down and called the police if he refused to pay. He's an employee in a parking lot for pete's sake. Why would he even consider attacking someone? It's not his parking lot.

I've lived here in Thailand for 11 years and I'm sickened by what I'm seeing these days. It's not the same place I moved to.

• Like 2

British Man Assaulted By Thai Man Pattaya

48.jpg

PATTAYA– October 5, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 02.30 am Pol.Lt.Yom Promsart-investigation inspector of Pattaya police station- was notified that a foreigner had been attacked by a man in Soi Buakaw road, Central Pattaya. After notification the police officers were accompanied with the Sawang Borriboon rescue team who rushed to the scene.

At the scene some local people had captured Mr.Todsapol Tapprasit aged 19 who had attacked the foreigner with an 80 cm long piece of wood. Mr.John Hayward aged 70 from England had suffered wounds to his left arm therefore the officers performed first aid on him before sending him to the Pattaya Memorial hospital. Plus a Chevrolet car at the scene had also been damaged in the attack.

Upon questioning Mr.Todsapol he claimed that he was the employee who took care and collected the 40 baht parking fees. Before the incident the British man had parked his car and later returned, he then asked him for the parking fee but the British man ignored him got into his car and started to drive away which made him angry so he kicked the car and attacked the driver with a piece of wood before trying to flee the scene. He was quickly caught by some local people.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/british-man-assaulted-thai-man-pattaya/

pdnews.jpg

-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-10-06

is that the piece of wood that happened to be laying nearby?the bloke is lucky it didnt hit his head.

how convienent that a piece of wood was nearby.and look at the smirk on the coppers face as he squeezes his arm.

You seem to have missed the expression on the Brit's face. Obviously playing it for all it's worth. And undoubtedly he played arrogant Khun Farang when approached by the attendant. He certainly is to be congratulated on saving the Baht 40.

Stupid Brit trying to get away without paying. Probably did not feel he had too as it was just a short stop.

But of course the violence was over the top but some foreigners think they can get away with anything.

• Like 1

not for parling at 2.30 am and for a few mins

Nice of the man in uniform to squeeze his arm to see if he was telling the truth.

Should have paid his parking fee.

If you live and drive in Thailand you should know the procedure.

If he was back at home he would be looking at a 3000 baht fine.

Nonsense. Show me a case where a 70 year old man had his arm broken and car smasked for the equavalent of 40baht "Back home"???

In tourist destinations its important to have good clear signage and even a little English from the staff. This is the way to enforce and fees fines, violence is not acceptable...Thai sycophants strike it again.

• Like 1

Wonder if said car park attendant was on the payroll of the car park owner.

Or at 2:30am just an opportunist who saw cars parking on an unattended car park and thought he could make some easy money.

Whatever, the poor kid doesn't look too well-off, and 40 baht is 40 baht.

ah assuming again what a nice piece of work you are dont judge people by you own actions

You seem to have missed the expression on the Brit's face. Obviously playing it for all it's worth. And undoubtedly he played arrogant Khun Farang when approached by the attendant. He certainly is to be congratulated on saving the Baht 40.

Cop: He hit you on the arm with stick? Where?

Vic: (points) Right there!

Cop: Let's see...Here? (squeezes arm) Yeah I'll bet that hurts like hell. You need to get that looked at. C'mon, I help you. (Grabs arm.)

Vic: AAAIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• Like 1

so you condone ripping of farang i like to be a fly on the wall when it happens to you

Wonder if said car park attendant was on the payroll of the car park owner.

Or at 2:30am just an opportunist who saw cars parking on an unattended car park and thought he could make some easy money.

Whatever, the poor kid doesn't look too well-off, and 40 baht is 40 baht.

Who would live in such a place? Leave it to the scum and scam artists, there are much better places in Thailand.

I would never consider living on pretty much any of the islands here, there are many but still, most have the same problems. They are merely tourist traps that are over priced, Westernized and corrupt with crime. The real Thailand is fading even in rural areas and all those who gave praise to the general when he was first appointed and started 'cleaning up Thailand' think again. Kao muan gan, same same

Welcome to thai prison Mr parking attendant ....

Hardly ....

The boy is 19 years old.

No prison for him.

I guess he will have to pay the mandatory 100 baht fine and slap on the wrist.

Don't really think that it would be anything to do with his age.....

To all the eunuchs who say "he should have paid up", please explain at what amount it's reasonable to have your arm broken or face smashed in? Because this limp-dicked attitude leads straight to a monthly protection payment "for your personal well-being". Also, this is as weak as saying "shouldn't wear a bikini".

Come on, how much do you consider too little to be worth growing a spine for? 40,400,4000?

For the other side, write down license plate (if literate), report to police (if clean). I suspect one or both not applicable for the little scumbag.

• Like 1

I don't know the area, Was it private property where he parked or public land.

If it is private then they ask for any parking fee they want and at any time they wish.

In Phuket public land parking fee is asked (if asked) from 09:00 till 21:00. (if i remember the times correctly)

So parking in normally parking fee areas should be for free at night times.