I want the change handed back to me.

Costas2008

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't exist here, we are merely coming to life when with other Thai whom act as validation.

Today I went to complain because my moban is not providing me with the same bus service as Thai people.

The officer had to call my landlord, and talk to it about it. He does not know much about it but he's my Thai representative.

Also many people jump queues in front of me... I don't exist...

"Today I went to complain because my moban is not providing me with the same bus service as Thai people." ... that is really strange and, to be honest, I don't really understand how that could happen.

Could you explain some more please?

• Like 2

I have had a simular problem with the wife. , The wife and i go out to eat together, We both order together. but a few times the waiter has brought my meal before the wife's, I sit there waiting for the wife's meal to be brought but it does not arrive i just sit and sit, waiters come up to the wife and ask is there a problem with the meal, I say yes its cold now because its bad manners to start to eat before your wife, that usually gets a few stupid looks from the Thai waiters and i make them take the meal back because its cold. Is it me .

You're expecting western style service in a Thai restaurant?

post-179267-0-61654500-1412616094_thumb.

More like normal business acumen.

• Like 1

More like normal business acumen.

Normal in the west, perhaps. Restaurants here tend to bring out each dish as it's cooked, rather than serve the whole table at once.

We generally order food to share rather than a dish each, so we just start tucking in to whatever arrives first.

Shades of grey....shades of grey.

Costas, same happened with my daughter and me - first time she was about 7-8. Menus to her, food to her, bill to her, change to her. I was totally ignored, I did not exist, to the point that even when I ordered in Thai this bimbo answered to my daughter. I felt totally humiliated. A 7-8 year old child with her father and I'm not worth even looking at. No excuses, no young country girl excuses, no shy in big city excuses, no me shy farang excuses. She deserved the dressing down I gave her afterwards. I was with a Chinese colleague from HK in a foreign theme bar. Waitress spoke to her in Thai, so I politely said my friend is not Thai and does not speak Thai. Yet still I was ignored and the waitress kept going to my friend and speaking Thai, and I had to interrupt several times to draw the conversation back to me to interpret. How <deleted> stupid. And so another dressing down and lecture about rudeness, sigh. A pity, cause she was cute :).

• Like 2