Police says its Koh Tao tourist murder case file solid for prosecution

webfact

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember even one Thai charged and Jailed for crime & violence against Farangs. They always found other scapegoats, khmer and myanmar or lao illegal(!) workers.

However I do remember some old Thai men was charged with 20 years due to talking bad about Yingluck in his sms. I don't know what happened to that fellow. However one thing is certain. Criticizing government (not the Royal Thai Family or HM The King) is 20 times the crime compared to murdering or mass murdering people and saying "Sorry" and get away without going to prison.

commenting that the suspects may have been coerced by Thai authorities.

The men have signed confessions... END OF STORY.. Guilty as charged..... The RTP have their men.....

AS for the 3rd DNA found... Forget it.... The RTP have their men....

The RTP did an outstanding job. smile.png They have their men...

Does any of this mean anything.... IT doesn't really matter.... The RTP have their men....

END OF STORY

Haha...cut down on your morning coffee, man...you sound very jumpy.

• Like 1

What annoys me is that almost five decades ago when i attended the Scottish Police College we were taught the police never made public statements about guilt or otherwise and when giving evidence never to respond to defence barbs such as ' you think my client is guilty don't you ? " as since determination is for the court and / or a jury and the only function of the police is to present all available evidence.

The statements the BIB here make would be clamped down on and in fact could be detrimental if not fatal to a prosecution but TIT.

• Like 1

What about the pathologist's definitive confirmation of the third as yet unidenitified suspect's DNA on Hannah's body, revealed on today's interview of a policeman and a police pathologist by Sorayud on Channel 3 ????????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ_1WfVs7RY

"The pathologist said that DNA of B and a third person C was found on Hannah's nipples. The third person was not David. The policeman didn't explain who the police thought C was or how he came to deposit his DNA on Hannah's nipples."

(info originally shared by Dogmatix on #265 on http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/766048-police-address-criticisms-over-koh-tao-arrest-of-myanmar-suspects/page-11)

we just want the truth!

• Like 2

Well there you go the police are moving ahead with the blessing of a human rights group.

Now the question for the naysayers on here should be asking is what is the name of this human rights group and what is there actual statement on the police press statement?

Anyway the police are now inviting questions from human rights groups or will be so I don't think they are going to allow any other country to have any involvement in this case.

Pol. Lt. Gen. Decha Butr-namthip,

"He also revealed that he had held talks with a human rights group that had arrived on the island to follow-up on the case and everyone was satisfied that the case has been handled fairly"

Allow me to respond this way, TAT said the Tour de France is going held in Thailand next year as well...wink.png

Unless the human rights group has a defense lawyer and they have interviewed the accused to check on their well being, then any 'interview' with the police, who say 'no problem', then such a meeting was worthless. I don't see this human rights group pressuring the police for answers in any way.

The men have signed confessions... END OF STORY.. Guilty as charged..... The RTP have their men.....

Does any of this mean anything.... IT doesn't really matter.... The RTP have their men....

END OF STORY

Haha...cut down on your morning coffee, man...you sound very jumpy.

I agree.

However, I want to make sure I'm not just missing out on some sarcasm here by thesetat2013.....am I?

And, why would 90% of expats need to apologize......for being, for the most part, fairly inquisitive?

• Like 1

What about the pathologist's definitive confirmation of the third as yet unidenitified suspect's DNA on Hannah's body, revealed on today's interview of a policeman and a police pathologist by Sorayud on Channel 3 ????????????

"The pathologist said that DNA of B and a third person C was found on Hannah's nipples. The third person was not David. The policeman didn't explain who the police thought C was or how he came to deposit his DNA on Hannah's nipples."

(info originally shared by Dogmatix on #265 on http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/766048-police-address-criticisms-over-koh-tao-arrest-of-myanmar-suspects/page-11)

And who is the smiling pretty boy in white. Does he think by showing up in his white coat he adds extra credibility to this farce.

You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. Everything about this final chapter is just a surface veneer starting with the soap opera reconstruction on the beach. And why do they have to give such intimate details about the victim. Just not in order. Think of the families of the victims please.

• Like 1

Who will be the defense attorney?

Will there even be one, now they have admitted guilt? The police seem to think that is enough to wrap up the case. I hope they change their plea to not guilty after a defense lawyer had a quiet word to them. The case is full of holes, and I hope they demand fresh dna testing. And what about this third set of dna??

• Like 1

Well okay then. Should be no problem passing the evidence to the UK coroner for pier review.

I dont Think the UK police or government has requested the files and I doubt they will. The ambassador here in thailand is confident the police is doing there work properly smile.png

There should be an inquest in the UK.

There is going to be an inquest, this establishes the cause of death for the public record that's all, it is beyond the remit of a UK coroner/ authorities to get involved in establishing the guilt or innocence of suspects or to review actual investigation details, unless invited to do so by Thai authorities, they can only do this in cases which have occurred in the UK.

For all the UK should do this or the UK should do that comes from TV finest CSI, the simple fact - the UK authorities have no right to do anything involving an investigation in another country unless invited to do so.

Not true...the inquest can make findings regarding the cause of death and the possible identities of those responsible in the case of murder of a UK citizen anywhere in the world. Such person may be tried in a UK court.

• Like 1

END OF STORY

How did they get the confessions? In that 'interrogation shack' - They beat and tried to pay off a taxi driver to supply false evidence, they may have tortured up to 10 Burmese guys according to what people have said. They handled the crime scene with less care than a 2 year old. They care more about tourism. These are some of the main issues which need to be addressed, why, well because when it happens again and again and again, people will be framed and stitched up like they have this time around and have done in the past. It is not 'END OF STORY' because of this reason. They have their men yes, the men they chose to fit the crime. If you believe it was actually these guys you either have to be willfully ignorant, stupid or have not kept up with the case in general. END OF STORY

Edited by monk213
  • Like 1

Please everybody while i am part of the disquiet about this case what's the point of going on about outside investigations etc as they will never happen since the Thais will never allow it and most especially if there'a a fit up involved.

Hammering ' must ', ' should ' etc might make the author of a piece feel better having vented but it will change nothing and if the British Ambassador is supposedly more than happy there's no likely support there.

• Like 1

If Thai police are confident of a safe conviction based on forensic evidence,

what's the harm in sharing it with UK authorities to conclude an inquest into these deaths?

UK Police already has more than 500 unsolved murders across the country in the past 10 years.

Not sure they want add more cases to their lists...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1561945/Rate-of-unsolved-murders-doubles-in-decade.html

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/344324/Britain-s-biggest-unsolved-murders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsolved_murders_in_the_United_Kingdom

• Like 1

If Thai police are confident of a safe conviction based on forensic evidence,

what's the harm in sharing it with UK authorities to conclude an inquest into these deaths?

UK Police already has more than 500 unsolved murders across the country in the past 10 years.

Not sure they want add more cases to their lists...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1561945/Rate-of-unsolved-murders-doubles-in-decade.html

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/344324/Britain-s-biggest-unsolved-murders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsolved_murders_in_the_United_Kingdom

Just corroborate the evidence.

And who is the smiling pretty boy in white. Does he think by showing up in his white coat he adds extra credibility to this farce.

You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. Everything about this final chapter is just a surface veneer starting with the soap opera reconstruction on the beach. And why do they have to give such intimate details about the victim. Just not in order. Think of the families of the victims please.

The white coat makes a huge difference! It's a sign of professionalism.

Like the time I booked a morning golf lesson in Bangkok. The instructor turns up, says good morning and proceeds to put on a white lab coat. Very next thing he says is, "Please give me a moment, I just need to make myself a coffee. I'm still sleepy."

Looking professional and being professional are two completely different things. Anyway, I guess there's a percentage of the population who believe white lab coat = no need to question them.

That may be true however if they had as much evidence to follow for those 500 as the Koh Tao murders have then I would think a lot less than 500 would be unsolved. The evidence and solid leads to follow for these murders would be a goldmine for any competent and honest investigator(s). But that is what is missing; competency, honesty and investigators.

Sad but true.

Slowly but surely we are moving towards the general acceptance of the guilt of the two Burmese as a certainty.
So over 90% of our expatriate community will have to decide a public apology or be silent forever.
I await the moment with relish.
But finally, I'll bet they will not do neither the one nor the other...

Would you care to elaborate on who the "we" are?

There is still a lot of unanswered questions, and concerns about the way the investigation has been handled, hence why a significant amount of people are questioning it. Don't forget The BIB have "history" when it comes to handling murders of foreigners.

Guess this has already been said, but the thing that's bugging me is that, assuming the DNA results are legit, they would confirm the identity of the rapists but they would do nothing to prove nobody else was involved in the murder of these poor souls.

• Like 1

Well, Paxman he ain't. These officials wouldn't stand a chance against him!!

how can they possibly make a case when they know atleast one more person was involved ?

Someone needs to brush up on their Thai!! He says there was DNA from 2 people taken from Hannah person B and person C. DNA from person A and person B from the cigarette.

Guess this has already been said, but the thing that's bugging me is that, assuming the DNA results are legit, they would confirm the identity of the rapists but they would do nothing to prove nobody else was involved in the murder of these poor souls.

The 2 suspects seem to loosely fit the profile of necrophiliacs, but do not seem to share any characteristics of the sadistic psychopath that dunnit.

Google it. Necros are lo-so losers, misfits. Psychos are educated, intelligent, egotistical

The 2 suspects seem to loosely fit the profile of necrophiliacs, but do not seem to share any characteristics of the sadistic psychopath that dunnit.

Google it. Necros are lo-so losers, misfits. Psychos are educated, intelligent, egotistical

Jimmy Savile was both.

• Like 1

Well, Paxman he ain't. These officials wouldn't stand a chance against him!!

how can they possibly make a case when they know atleast one more person was involved ?

Someone needs to brush up on their Thai!! He says there was DNA from 2 people taken from Hannah person B and person C. DNA from person A and person B from the cigarette.

Ok! I shared this from another thread and trusted the translation given there, to my folly if what you say is accurate.

See link above.

Can we get full reliable translation from anyone here(more than one person ideally) to confirm or not whether there is a third persons DNA on Hannah, who is someone other than the currently detained suspects?

Edited by intune53