N Korea: Kim Jong Un's illness leads to speculation his sister is running country

webfact

North Korea: Kim Jong Un's illness leads to speculation his sister Kim Jo Yong is running country

SYDNEY: -- IT’S been an unusually quiet recently in North Korea, the country has avoided the occasional exchange of bellicose bluster with the US and South Korea, and has not tested a much-prophesied fourth nuclear bomb.

But for the past month, a curious string of events has stirred up questions over whether changes are underway in the secretive state. Its 31-year-old leader, Kim Jong Un, has not made any public appearances since he attended at a state concert with his wife on September 3. Since an official ceremony in July, Kim has been walking with a limp.

Kim’s furlough is unusually long by regime standards. In June 2012, the dictator went missing for 24 days. In two other instances, he vanished for more than two weeks, only to reappear without explanation.

News reports speculate that the Supreme Leader is undergoing medical treatment for gout or cheese allergies, but in a nation as opaque as North Korea, it’s incredibly difficult to pinpoint whether this is true. The state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) confirmed that Kim Jong Un has been suffering from “discomfort,” which many onlookers interpreted to mean a physical ailment.

But even that is far from clear.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/north-korea-kim-jong-uns-illness-leads-to-speculation-his-sister-kim-yo-jong-is-running-country/story-fnh81fz8-1227082116560

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2014-10-07

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Can we have pictures of this sister? That's why I came to this thread.

small_2.jpg

That's it..... where can I get a North Korea visa. And where exactly do I tear up my passport on arrival.