how does one visit people in jail and help them

jacksam

for phuket ,

you go in the morning ( 9 am or so ) give them copy of ur passport an who u wish to visit,

than they put you on the list,

you wait an when ur called they check what your giving them ( an take it from you to give to them) and u go into the room an speak with them thru glass using a telephone for 5 minutes.

you can also give them Baht which goes into their prison account

not anymore, your not allowed to take anything for them anymore just visit and talk through glass can still put money tho anything else you have to try to get a guard to take it but it will cost

Why not trying to ask the individuals. " How can help you (without breaking any laws) ? " I am sure each prisoner might have a different answer.

Greg I apologize if this was a sarcastic comment but they are in jail for breaking laws.

Don't expect them to stop anytime soon.

Why not trying to ask the individuals. " How can help you (without breaking any laws) ? " I am sure each prisoner might have a different answer.

Greg I apologize if this was a sarcastic comment but they are in jail for breaking laws.

Don't expect them to stop anytime soon.

Except for those who are in jail on remand.......... Seems you don't understand something basic about being innocent until proved guilty? Also.... Remember Where You Are! Those Myanmar guys in Koh Tao will be in jail now, right?

Perhaps not knowing their crime is best. Everyone deserves a smiling face and a conversation. I would do it.

So quite happy if they murdered their kids or even raped them? Visiting known prisoners is understandable, getting a kick out of doing it on the tourist trail is quite frankly misplaced sympathy and not to be encouraged. Not seen any reason yet why time and money is not better spent visiting orphanages or HIV shelters, not got quite the same bragging status on face book?

and take some food, books and old DVD's.

Sheesh - they have DVD players in prison?? I thought this was Thailand, not Sweden.

Or perhaps they use the old DVDs for some nefarious purpose...

A DVD makes a very good blade when sharpened on the concrete floor, But im sure they wont be used like that :P

Samui has visiting Mon, Wed, Fri, in the morning and afternoons. It is not possible now to take anything to prisoners, although there is a shop outside the prison (but on the prison property) where you can buy some food and grooming items that will be delivered same day. It is also possible to deposit money into the prisoners account up to certain account balance.

Perhaps not knowing their crime is best. Everyone deserves a smiling face and a conversation. I would do it.

So quite happy if they murdered their kids or even raped them? Visiting known prisoners is understandable, getting a kick out of doing it on the tourist trail is quite frankly misplaced sympathy and not to be encouraged. Not seen any reason yet why time and money is not better spent visiting orphanages or HIV shelters, not got quite the same bragging status on face book?

I don't brag on Facebook, i am not 16 years old. Maybe i can visit orphanages and dog rescue places and prisons. I can do whatever i want with my time.

• Like 1

I don't brag on Facebook, i am not 16 years old. Maybe i can visit orphanages and dog rescue places and prisons. I can do whatever i want with my time.

I agree Patsycat, giving is a personal thing and it's up to you who, where, why and how you give. For me, I try not to be judgmental and giving is not tied to 'deserving'. Karma sorts out the balance, it's not our responsibility to judge. I have no problem with jacky54 giving to orphanages, HIV shelters etc but I doubt that is the reality because giving requires compassion, understanding and humanity.

• Like 1