Inbound Money Transfers To Los

swissie

There are statistics for everything. There are regularily facts and figures available how many tourists are visiting Thailand and how much they spend etc, etc.

Any statistics available how much money is being transfered every month to Thailand from spouses living in Europe or the U.S?

My guess would be that about 15 to 20 % of households in the Isaan depend to a large degree from "overseas money" on a monthly basis.

Honestly, I doubt that this sort of information is accessible to "the public". Because it might deliver proof positive that one of the mayor "Export-Products" that Thailand has to offer is their women, willing to relocate to a far away country and once there, can undisturbed by European or US-Authorities pursue their their financial goals (in favour of their Family in the deepest Isaan.)

Having made the connection between "Export-Product" and Thai Women, I am quite confident that this post will draw a lot of attention, mainly by posters that will insist "that my Thai-Lady is not like that, how dare you!" I am prepared.

Cheers.