webfact

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer and wine?

Migrant workers?

Is wine cheap on Koh Tao?

I know in Bangkok the cheapest wine is about 350 Baht a bottle. Surely these people won't spend a days wage on a bottle of wine.

For people down here wine is the same as spy :) classic, red, black.

Yeah right - these two boys got drunk on Spy then attacked two people twice their size because of how manly and powerful they felt after getting drunk on Spy - hmmm

I think John has something against Burmese people, or at least has something to gain (vested interest in a business ok KT?) by promoting the thai authorities / thai police / thai tourism. I don't believe any educated westerner living in Thailand knowing what they know about the thai authorities could spout this kind of tripe. I'm literally gob smacked at some of the things coming out of his mouth

According to a previous post he owns the bar it happened from. Not my opinion. Just noted from a previous post. If correct it is very important in this context. Can anyone confirm that JTJ is the bar owner on KT?

LMAO - Conspiracy folks continuing to run amok. State something as fact and clearly say it is not an opinion but then question if it is correct and ask for another internet poster to confirm.

And yes I must have something against Burmese people because I believe the two who have admitted to numerous people including their own advocates that they raped and killed ... not to mention their DNA is a match.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

John

You have made the same points literaly hundreds of times , why the need for constant repetition ?

Maybe because it's not easy to open up your closed eyes.

• Like 1

jtj what the police didn't expect was that someone was going to supply independant lawyers for these guys. they told the lawyers that they hit david with the blunt side of the hoe. do you think that the police told these guys which side of the hoe they used in advance of the interrogation. you still haven't answered why davids dna wasn't found on the hoe. but there again you never answer any questions that screw up your theory.

• Like 1

jtj they say they hit david with the blunt end of the hoe. the police say they hit him with the sharp end of the hoe. the pathologist stated that davids DNA was not found on the hoe. so can you explain why the police accepted that the hoe was the weapon that killed david, Makes the confessions very dubious. BY the way I don't expect you to really answer me, because when you know you are wrong you spew out shit about conspiracy theorists.

So you theorize the police told them to confess to using the wrong murder weapon or do you think it more likely the police have not provided the public with all details before the case is even gone to trial and some information out there isn't completely accurate?

No w00t.gif - we look at the reports from Burmese sources about the marks and bruises all over their bodies and theorize aboutthat - try reading insted of talking and youll learn some true facts of the case instead of the tainted RTP version - as I said you demonstrate a lack of social skills in every post!!

Edited by love1012
  • Like 1

jtj what the police didn't expect was that someone was going to supply independant lawyers for these guys. they told the lawyers that they hit david with the blunt side of the hoe. do you think that the police told these guys which side of the hoe they used in advance of the interrogation. you still haven't answered why davids dna wasn't found on the hoe. but there again you never answer any questions that screw up your theory.

I answered but like anything you don;t want to consider, you ignore.

You want to focus on some detail without knowing all the facts and without all the evidence being presented while ignoring the BIG picture that they admitted they did the crime to the independent lawyers the police didn't know they would supply.

By the way, these two are admitted murdering rapists who know they are up for the death penalty and are going to say whatever they can to downplay their actions or responsibility for them including the self-serving comments that they were drinking wine and beer and that they didn;t intend to kill them (hitting with the sharp end certainly would indicate a desire to kill). This is beyond common in confessions that the criminal plays down their culpability while admitting their involvement ... usually when they discover the jig is up and they realize something like DNA is going to have them dead to rights.

Lawyer Aung Myo Thant said the pair, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, from the Arakanese town of Kyaukphyu, told a Burmese embassy legal team they had murdered English tourists

Speaking to DVB on Monday, Kyaw Thaung, a representative of the Myanmar Association in Thailand, who attended the interview with the defendants, said, “We went to the prison [on Koh Samui] and were allowed to meet with the two freely. They confessed to committing the crime under the influence of alcohol.

https://www.dvb.no/news/koh-tao-murderers-were-tortured-says-burmese-embassy-lawyer-burma-myanmar/44781

You dont find it odd at all that people representing these two suspects, facing possible death penalty, would just come out and openly talk to the press about their conversations?

Or that the prison would allow cameras in & turn the consular aspect into a spectator sport.

Can only imagine the conspiracy theorist reaction if they had done this in secret and made no comments of what transpired. What is great about promoting conspiracies is you can do it with everything. In this case there is something very suspicious because the suspects once again confirmed their guilt and if they didn't then conspiracy theorist would win too and if nothing was said it was a coverup.

If the case has a mountain of evidence such as witnesses, video, confessions and DNA then it is suspicious because it is too neat. If there is evidence missing then that is pounced on. If the police have not share something about the case then it is a cover-up, if they do share something it is a lie, if something is reported two ways then of course it is the way that serves their purpose. It is always win win and the more their theories get debunked they just increase their efforts and come up with more until it becomes completely pathetic as it has become now with the question of these two suspects.

I wonder what your motives are for defending this case so fanatical... Is it your complete trust in the RTP or the social environment that you are spending time in. No offense but you have either stayed to short in Thailand to understand how things work or too long to let yourself be fooled around so easy.

All the Thai people that I know (I write, read and speak Thai) do not believe that these immigrants are the murders. Even the local police that I hangout with on a weekly basis are just laughing about how ridiculous this case is. They explain here that this is the way it works in Thailand,, letting a case go cold is unheard of and makes the police look foolish.

This case is very simple;

Video footage - not reliable

Witnesses - not reliable

confessions - not reliable

DNA - Reliable

Due to the history of the RTP, and even the they would admit that, it is logical that people mistrust them. Therefore (also due international pressure and disbelieve by many people on the Internet ) It is just logical to let these samples be checked by an independent.

Thailand has nothing to loose but can only win the thrust of the people worldwide (IF the DNA proves not to be tampered with and matches)

However for some reason the RTP police are not letting anybody do that. Why would that be John? What would be a logical reason for them NOT to do just that?

Your argument, don't test because people don't believe the RTP no matter the outcome, is frankly quite lousy.

You call it a conspiracy theory - or you can call it critical thinking. Big difference between the two.

Having a conspiracy is creating a whole event by unanswered questions - Critical thinking is just asking questions. Big difference there.

You seem the be the only one here believing everything what the RTP says, which brings me the following questions;

Are you so smart or are we that dumb?

• Like 2

Beer and wine?

Migrant workers?

Is wine cheap on Koh Tao?

I know in Bangkok the cheapest wine is about 350 Baht a bottle. Surely these people won't spend a days wage on a bottle of wine.

Sator, Thai rice wine, is between 20 and 25 baht per bottle in 7-11

so where are the alcohol bottles / cans etc

dont tell me they took them to the recycling bin lol

• Like 1

jtj one other thing why didn't the police make public that these two guys said they hit david with the blunt side of the hoe, maybe because it would screw up their frame up

Like any case, the police have not said MANY MANY MANY things. The entire case gets presented to a court not to the media and public before the court proceedings.

I think John has something against Burmese people, or at least has something to gain (vested interest in a business ok KT?) by promoting the thai authorities / thai police / thai tourism. I don't believe any educated westerner living in Thailand knowing what they know about the thai authorities could spout this kind of tripe. I'm literally gob smacked at some of the things coming out of his mouth

According to a previous post he owns the bar it happened from. Not my opinion. Just noted from a previous post. If correct it is very important in this context. Can anyone confirm that JTJ is the bar owner on KT?

LMAO - Conspiracy folks continuing to run amok. State something as fact and clearly say it is not an opinion but then question if it is correct and ask for another internet poster to confirm.

And yes I must have something against Burmese people because I believe the two who have admitted to numerous people including their own advocates that they raped and killed ... not to mention their DNA is a match.

So again I ask you, what is your expertise in criminal investigations, DNA, criminal prosecution or defense?

Tell us.

Outside of two or three boneheads who adore your posts, you otherwise have zero credibility.

So tell us why we should all listen to you. What makes you special?

Impress us with your CV.

• Like 2

I would still like to establish motive! Early on the police stated that it wasn't a robbery. Not many options left! Let's see an independent psychological report regarding the murder scene and the what sort of person/people could commit such a heinous crime. Also character witnesses for the accused and the mafia family members. Then an independent psychological evaluation of the forementioned!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They had two weeks to leave the island and didn't, why not?

It would seem suspicious and police were "discouraging" immigrants from leaving. There buddy getting caught leaving and subsequent interrogation appears to be what led police to these two.

JTJ One wonders if you might somehow be involved in the murder. You seem to have the answer to every question.

But the above is a rather strange answer... Since when does playing cane ball suggest they were trying to leave the island ?

JTJ One wonders if you might somehow be involved in the murder. You seem to have the answer to every question.

LMAO

Ok JTJ I will give you the Lmao ... But about the guys playing cane ball ...Where does your reasoning that that equates to them trying to leave the island. Surely you haven't run out of BS ?

The cigarette butts with their dna found on the beach is part of the strong evidence against them. Now these boys were both very drunk from beer and wine. Were are the bottles that these two drank from I wonder?

They worked in a bar!

Highly unlikely these two kids would be buying beer in the bar....more likely buy from the 7/11...take their stuff in a bag to the beach....play their guitars......

Then decide to commit a double murder and rape.....then let's not forget stealing a phone into the bargain.

Motive anyone??

I'm sure they found time to put their empties in a waste bin....wouldn't want to be littering!

So again I ask you, what is your expertise in criminal investigations, DNA, criminal prosecution or defense?

Tell us.

Outside of two or three boneheads who adore your posts, you otherwise have zero credibility.

Impress us with your CV.

I don't think a CV check is needed to either accept or not accept reality and what is plausible compared with what is far fetched, not thought through or just nonsense based on small possible tidbits of information or missing information to a case that has not even been presented to a court yet.

All these far fetched theories and here we have two guys that have admitted to police, lawyers, their embassy and a Human Rights group that they did it and this is backed up by the fact their DNA tested positive with the DNA in/on at least one of the victims .... then there are the witnesses, the video and the phone and whatever else will be presented at court.

But forget about all this and lets instead focus on things like if poor Burmese folks drink wine and pretend there are no such things as cheap wine cooler drinks as opposed to expensive bottles of wine and lets focus on what they did with their empties.

If the words, reality and facts above alone don't wake you up then no CV is going to.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

JTJ calm down dear. The DNA seems to come from cigarettes that had been smoked on the beach. That is what one of your buddies said this morning... the DNA from the cigarettes seems to be the best they have got..

He didn't mention any of the 3 lots of DNA found on the body.

Oh and any news on the cane ball = leaving island story yet ?

Edited by bertty

I don't think II've ever seen one poster keep reiterating the same point over and over and over again so much as this JTJ guy.

All the while ignoring anything but the police line.

Well he is now going on my ignore list......not for having an opinion.....but for being too blinkered to consider all the issues.

• Like 2

Where is the Britisk Authority ? Ambassy, London, SY ?

seems ta be a an agreement done already;

Ambassador or any rep. didn't went for the press hearing !!

Seems Briton GVT is learning Thaineese !!

RIP for the victims,

dont tuch the Thai GVT;

From the website of the UK Embassy - Banbgkok:

How the embassy, commission or consulate can help

You can get help to:

• understand local police and legal procedures
  • find an English-speaking lawyer or translator
  • find medical treatment or an English-speaking doctor
  • contact your relatives and friends to let them know something has happened to you

They won’t be able to:

• give you legal advice
  • collect evidence or investigate crimes
  • influence the outcome of any trial
  • Like 1

JTJ calm down dear. The DNA seems to come from cigarettes that had been smoked on the beach. That is what one of your buddies said this morning... the DNA from the cigarettes seems to be the best they have got..

He didn't mention any of the 3 lots of DNA found on the body.

Oh and any news on the cane ball = leaving island story yet ?

Actually the cigarettes and semen DNA were a match -- so matching one to either is the same but if I recall the police were clear in saying their DNA matched with the two semen sample DNA.

I believe also the 3 DNA theory was debunked a while ago.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

John, innocent until proven guilty and the evidence that has been presented so far is extremely dodgy, and would not convict in the West (compromised DNA, no witnesses, etc'). These 2 guys were tested for DNA early on in proceedings, with no match, but after a round up of all available scapegoat types, their DNA was a match. Why was McKenna in fear for his life. ? He knew the scale of what these guys are capable of. RTP have not handled this very wellwith deliberately misleading all, directing blame to various alternative culprits including anyone except of course any Thai national...Jealous gay..burmese.., etc'. The crime scene did not look like it was the scene from a jealous gay lover, it was an horrific bloody mess created by vengeful, nasty, viscious people. If these guys really are the culprits it will be the very very first time that the RTP have been successful in such a case, so the chances are very slim to be frank.

Tell us.

Impress us with your CV.

I don't think a CV check is needed to either accept or not accept reality and what is plausible compared with what is far fetched, not thought through or just nonsense based on small possible tidbits of information or missing information to a case that has not even been presented to a court yet.

All these far fetched theories and here we have two guys that have admitted to police, lawyers, their embassy and a Human Rights group that they did it and this is backed up by the fact their DNA tested positive with the DNA in/on at least one of the victims .... then there are the witnesses, the video and the phone and whatever else will be presented at court.

But forget about all this and lets instead focus on things like if poor Burmese folks drink wine and pretend there are no such things as cheap wine cooler drinks as opposed to expensive bottles of wine and lets focus on what they did with their empties.

If the words, reality and facts above alone don't wake you up then no CV is going to.

Tell us.

Impress us with your CV.

I have to admit that I have started to skim read your posts as you are coming across as a stuck record. This being the last post at the time I type this I paid extra attention to it. I really wish I hadn't. When other people present their ideas you immediately say they are wrong yet continue to recite the RTP version as if it is perfection itself. Forget the case, walk away from that and read the news about the RTP. Reading headlines like "B1,000 rewards for Bangkok police to not accept bribes" does not exactly make them sound the most reliable source on earth. More locally (I'm guessing to you) are the reports that KT police take payments from ALL illegal immigrants working on the island each month. SERIOUSLY? Do we think this problem might just start with the police?

Whatever you choose to believe is up to you but check the credibility of the source before making yourself sound like you lack an opinion or are just latching onto anything that puts the bar owner, son and brother in the clear whilst ignoring the continuing ream of evidence that shows there are massive holes in the case at present.

Independent DNA testing would allay a lot of fears and now that the FCO have stated they will be pushing for a UK based enquiry the RTP probably want to be getting their stories straight before the UK pulls the only trick it has....taking away trade and increasing the severity of the warnings on the FCO website for travel to Thailand therefore increasing the cost of travel insurance and putting people off coming here. It won't just be the UK that does this it will also be a set of other countries that will also be interested in this due to their mutual respect for each others police forces. If you want to spout the old "Britain has no power any more" then I will finally draw your attention to these facts:

Population UK - 64,000,000

Population Thailand - 66,000,000

GDP UK - $2,497,000,000,000,000

GDP Thailand - $673,725,000,000

That's essentially the same sized population but a GDP that is 3,706 times larger. That is a HUGE trough that the piggies like to feed at. We still have a MASSIVE dick to swing. With a general election next year and a rather lost government that needs the middle classes....well satisfy the Daily Mail readers and you've won!

• Like 1