Koh Tao: British tourist murder suspects confess to human rights commissioner

webfact

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

John, innocent until proven guilty and the evidence that has been presented so far is extremely dodgy, and would not convict in the West (compromised DNA, no witnesses, etc'). These 2 guys were tested for DNA early on in proceedings, with no match, but after a round up of all available scapegoat types, their DNA was a match.

Actually it has already been reported that there DNA was never tested initially. They collected hundreds of samples and had a long queue for processing those samples and many were not tested. As people became primary suspects their testing was pushed to the top of the queue.

Where is the Britisk Authority ? Ambassy, London, SY ?

seems ta be a an agreement done already;

Ambassador or any rep. didn't went for the press hearing !!

Seems Briton GVT is learning Thaineese !!

RIP for the victims,

dont tuch the Thai GVT;

From the website of the UK Embassy - Banbgkok:

How the embassy, commission or consulate can help

You can get help to:

• understand local police and legal procedures
  • find an English-speaking lawyer or translator
  • find medical treatment or an English-speaking doctor
  • contact your relatives and friends to let them know something has happened to you

They won’t be able to:

• give you legal advice
  • collect evidence or investigate crimes
  • influence the outcome of any trial

Nothing there about the Ambassador having to suck up to the RTP and accept anything they say and nothing about not standing up for the murdered victims from his country, nothing about not being just a little but sceptical about the announcements of one of the most corrupt Police forces in the world, Kent is a disgrace. No doubt he would feel somewhat different if his daughter had been raped and had her face smashed in.

Edited by jacky54

Motive anyone??

Rape??

Rape? Have you seen the level of violence used? This is not rape, that is just a by-product. This is either psychopathic or somebody out to make a MASSIVE point.

When I first saw the pics I assumed the same thing. I figured it had to be somebody close to them to be this angry, especially her since the wounds were to the face. But with the evidence and confessions against these guys, it seems fairly clear they initially hit him from behind and probably needed more blows to keep him down and then dragged him to the water to die. After raping her and already killing him they felt they needed to kill her to using a weapon to the head. A lot less personal than strangling and also results in the accused not needing to get into a hand to hand physical altercation.

Rape is a violent and angry act in and of itself and not at all uncommon for rapist to torture and beat victims. We are not talking about date rape here .... and yes I would bet at least one of them is probably psychopathic and the other at minimum having mental issues and easily controlled by the other. Clearly normal people don't do this kind of thing.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

jtj one other thing why didn't the police make public that these two guys said they hit david with the blunt side of the hoe, maybe because it would screw up their frame up

Like any case, the police have not said MANY MANY MANY things. The entire case gets presented to a court not to the media and public before the court proceedings.

You are looking at this from a western perspective. Trial by media and public is PRECISELY how things are done in Thailand. EG, the bizarre re-enactment, the announcement of confessions, press conference announcing GUILT ( not arrest).

• Like 1

JTJ calm down dear. The DNA seems to come from cigarettes that had been smoked on the beach. That is what one of your buddies said this morning... the DNA from the cigarettes seems to be the best they have got..

He didn't mention any of the 3 lots of DNA found on the body.

Oh and any news on the cane ball = leaving island story yet ?

Actually the cigarettes and semen DNA were a match -- so matching one to either is the same but if I recall the police were clear in saying their DNA matched with the two semen sample DNA.

I believe also the 3 DNA theory was debunked a while ago.

evidence or another wild RTP claim - give us a link jtj - in fact give us a link to anything other than your wild repeated claim of the RTP being right with no evidence. i am beginning to feel embarrased for you, You are trying to give credibility to the incredible.

Motive anyone??

Rape??

Rape? Have you seen the level of violence used? This is not rape, that is just a by-product. This is either psychopathic or somebody out to make a MASSIVE point.

When I first saw the pics I assumed the same thing. I figured it had to be somebody close to them to be this angry, especially her since the wounds were to the face. But with the evidence and confessions against these guys, it seems fairly clear they initially hit him from behind and probably needed more blows to keep him down and then dragged him to the water to die. After raping her and already killing him they felt they needed to kill her to using a weapon to the head. A lot less personal than strangling and also results in the accused not needing to get into a hand to hand physical altercation.

Rape is a violent and angry act in and of itself and not at all uncommon for rapist to torture and beat victims. We are not talking about date rape here .... and yes I would bet at least one of them is probably psychopathic and the other at minimum having mental issues and easily controlled by the other. Clearly normal people don't do this kind of thing.

clearly! But people who would chase someone through the street in broad daylight and warn them to get of an island or they will kill them do? Especially when theyre photographed at the crime scene later. Or does your DNA evidence from your RTP prove otherwise?

Edited by love1012
  • Like 1

Koh Tao pair claim they were tortured before confessing

Since linking BPost is not allowed, go check it out yourself..

Oz

On Guantanamo Bay all prisoners are tortured before confessing, and their rights are abused constantly.

Strange that most of you on here endorse that, while this is a similar situation.

No I don't endorse that and I can't see any evidence that suggest that most people here, do either. I would say that most people on here are questioning the disgraceful way the RTP have conducted themselves and just want the truth! Please don't make sweeping statements. Especially farcical ones at that.

• Like 1

It's time for the two suspects to get lawyers who tell them to retract these confessions and plead not guilty. Otherwise they have no chance and David and Hannah will never get justice. Even if they did it, we need to know who else was with them which will not come out, if the case doesn't go to trial.

There is no way the son of a wealthy politician or even of a lowly village headman would roll over and confess. But then he would have a lawyer present who would advise him to take the fifth and stop the police from taking his DNA samples out of concern for his human rights. The police also wouldn't have dared take him to a 'safe house' for vitamin injections and a police massage.

Edited by Dogmatix

Lawyer Aung Myo Thant said the pair, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, from the Arakanese town of Kyaukphyu, told a Burmese embassy legal team they had murdered English tourists

Speaking to DVB on Monday, Kyaw Thaung, a representative of the Myanmar Association in Thailand, who attended the interview with the defendants, said, “We went to the prison [on Koh Samui] and were allowed to meet with the two freely. They confessed to committing the crime under the influence of alcohol.

https://www.dvb.no/news/koh-tao-murderers-were-tortured-says-burmese-embassy-lawyer-burma-myanmar/44781

You dont find it odd at all that people representing these two suspects, facing possible death penalty, would just come out and openly talk to the press about their conversations?

I would find it more odd if this was a private meeting with their own lawyers but this was a meeting with embassy officials and human rights people and probably others.

But consider too they have already confessed and reenacted and in addition other evidence there is the DNA evidence. Seems clear there is not going to be a defense of not guilty and it is going to be about getting the death penalty off the table through their cooperation and remorse and although not likely to help (judges not stupid) them downplaying the crime by saying things like they were drunk and didn't intend to kill

Ok so you are saying that these Burmese kids embassy and human rights people arent really representing their fair and honest treatment and will just go out of their way to park the bus on them? You dont find that odd at all?

No I think as you have done with this case you are doing with my post and that is you are seeing and hearing what suites you regardless of facts or reality. While many have backed off and are coming to terms that these two are guilty (pending the official court findings) others like yourself seem to be going off the deep end and reading one thing but registering another.

It is like the more confirmation that comes out these guys are guilty (by their own accounts) the more you fight to suggest they are liars and everyone is setting them up -- now even their own embassy and a human rights group.

"While many have backed off and come to terms..."

Who are they? You have gone out of your depth to surpress suspicions against the RTPs handling of this case. You might be right and you might be wrong but the sceptic I am tells me that you have vested interest in this matter. Either accept that people have the right to question this mess or explain to us why you act like a porqupine every time someone questions the RTPs motives.

• Like 1

According to a previous post he owns the bar it happened from. Not my opinion. Just noted from a previous post. If correct it is very important in this context. Can anyone confirm that JTJ is the bar owner on KT?

LMAO - Conspiracy folks continuing to run amok. State something as fact and clearly say it is not an opinion but then question if it is correct and ask for another internet poster to confirm.

And yes I must have something against Burmese people because I believe the two who have admitted to numerous people including their own advocates that they raped and killed ... not to mention their DNA is a match.

So again I ask you, what is your expertise in criminal investigations, DNA, criminal prosecution or defense?

Tell us.

Outside of two or three boneheads who adore your posts, you otherwise have zero credibility.

So tell us why we should all listen to you. What makes you special?

Impress us with your CV.

I don't think a CV check is needed to either accept or not accept reality and what is plausible compared with what is far fetched, not thought through or just nonsense based on small possible tidbits of information or missing information to a case that has not even been presented to a court yet.

All these far fetched theories and here we have two guys that have admitted to police, lawyers, their embassy and a Human Rights group that they did it and this is backed up by the fact their DNA tested positive with the DNA in/on at least one of the victims .... then there are the witnesses, the video and the phone and whatever else will be presented at court.

But forget about all this and lets instead focus on things like if poor Burmese folks drink wine and pretend there are no such things as cheap wine cooler drinks as opposed to expensive bottles of wine and lets focus on what they did with their empties.

If the words, reality and facts above alone don't wake you up then no CV is going to.

witnesses - the ones paid and beaten to testify by RTP

the video - oh yes they walked down a street therefore they are guilty

the phone - whos phone - hannas that her friend gave to RTPOL or davids that was in his luggage - WHOS?

whatever else will be presented at court - Ahhhh so you have nothing else but realise you NEED something to make it stick.

Your posts really ARE shambolic - but Im sure by now everyone on here realises that - iNCLUDING your good self!! The more you post the more people will believe its a trumped up charge. YOU are the one that needs to wake up!

Lawyer Aung Myo Thant said the pair, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, from the Arakanese town of Kyaukphyu, told a Burmese embassy legal team they had murdered English tourists

Speaking to DVB on Monday, Kyaw Thaung, a representative of the Myanmar Association in Thailand, who attended the interview with the defendants, said, “We went to the prison [on Koh Samui] and were allowed to meet with the two freely. They confessed to committing the crime under the influence of alcohol.

https://www.dvb.no/news/koh-tao-murderers-were-tortured-says-burmese-embassy-lawyer-burma-myanmar/44781

yep that's guilty its just a matter of can I say I was so drunk that I was not in control of myself, that has worked before, now the feel sorry for me excuses will come out now

Have you seen the level of violence used? This is not rape, that is just a by-product. This is either psychopathic or somebody out to make a MASSIVE point.

Good point, perhaps they should be tested for psychopathy. In such a case no need for motive.

One big question remaining is with regards to the murder weapon used to murder the male victim. How is it possible that the same weapon was used on both victims when the wounds inficted are so different?

Edited by fullcave
  • Like 2

Beer and wine?

Migrant workers?

Is wine cheap on Koh Tao?

I know in Bangkok the cheapest wine is about 350 Baht a bottle. Surely these people won't spend a days wage on a bottle of wine.

I lived on Koh Tao for years and never saw anywhere outside of a restaurant to buy wine - and if it's 350 baht a bottle in bangkok you can bet it would be about 500 baht on Koh Tao - Island prices. If they wanted something other than beer they'd probably drink Thai Whisky (or is it rum).

• Like 2

It's time for the two suspects to get lawyers who tell them to retract these confessions and plead not guilty. Otherwise they have no chance and David and Hannah will never get justice. Even if they did it, we need to know who else was with them which will not come out, if the case doesn't go to trial.

There is no way the son of a wealthy politician or even of a lowly village headman would roll over and confess. But then he would have a lawyer present who would advise him to take the fifth and stop the police from taking his DNA samples out of concern for his human rights. The police also wouldn't have dared take him to a 'safe house' for vitamin injections and a police massage.

There would also be no nauseating "re-enactment" of the crime. That was just bizarre!

Now I truly believe Hannah was 'spiked' with date rape drug and lured to her death. Little signs of struggle, no screams heard??

Motive anyone??

Rape??

Lawyer Aung Myo Thant said the pair, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, from the Arakanese town of Kyaukphyu, told a Burmese embassy legal team they had murdered English tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller by bludgeoning them to death with a hoe on 15 September. However, he said, their stories were “somewhat inconsistent” and “their faces portrayed fear”.

“From what we have learned, there are inconsistencies with both the forensic report and evidence provided in the case,” said Aung Myo Thant.

“The defendants kept repeating that they were very drunk that night. Based on what we have been told, it seems to us like this case is a set-up and not based on hard facts.”

Lawyer Aung Myo Thant said the pair, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, from the Arakanese town of Kyaukphyu, told a Burmese embassy legal team they had murdered English tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller by bludgeoning them to death with a hoe on 15 September. However, he said, their stories were “somewhat inconsistent” and “their faces portrayed fear”.

“From what we have learned, there are inconsistencies with both the forensic report and evidence provided in the case,” said Aung Myo Thant.

“The defendants kept repeating that they were very drunk that night. Based on what we have been told, it seems to us like this case is a set-up and not based on hard facts.”

Have you seen the level of violence used? This is not rape, that is just a by-product. This is either psychopathic or somebody out to make a MASSIVE point.

Good point, perhaps they should be tested for psychopathy. In such a case no need for motive.

One big question remaining is with regards to the murder weapon used to murder the male victim. How is it possible that the same weapon was used on both victims when the wounds inficted are so different?

That's what I've been trying to tell people on this and other related forum-reports!!! I've even shown some pics.!!

The cigarette butts with their dna found on the beach is part of the strong evidence against them. Now these boys were both very drunk from beer and wine. Were are the bottles that these two drank from I wonder?

If you get drunk somewhere, do you usually carry with you the empty bottles wherever you go after that ?

Maybe the murderers werent into recycling

Beer and wine?

Migrant workers?

I know in Bangkok the cheapest wine is about 350 Baht a bottle. Surely these people won't spend a days wage on a bottle of wine.

I lived on Koh Tao for years and never saw anywhere outside of a restaurant to buy wine - and if it's 350 baht a bottle in bangkok you can bet it would be about 500 baht on Koh Tao - Island prices. If they wanted something other than beer they'd probably drink Thai Whisky (or is it rum).

Give us your opinion then - you must have gone to the AC bar if you were there for years - i never been to Samui let alone Tao. Do you ever encounter mafia types there while you live there?

Motive anyone??

Rape??

You refer to only 2 assailants. The police said DNA from 3 people was found on/in Hannah's body?

From day 1 on hearing of the 2 Thai guys in the bar being 'put-down' by Hannah & David I have maintained this was a crime motivated by 'loss of face' and jealousy. Yes, it seems Hannah was disfigured beyond recognition by her murderer for some reason.. I believe these crimes were committed by a jealous psycopath who had suffered a serious 'loss of face' and so angry that he made sure Hannah lost her's. Hopefully, justice will be seen to be done for the sake of the deceased and those tourists who travel to Koh Tao in the future.

• Like 2

"A human rights commissioner..."

Yes! ..... but he is a Thai national - very independent?

So any Thai nationals are in your own eyes cheaters?

Only foreigners from the west knows the meaning of justice `?

"A human rights commissioner..."

Yes! ..... but he is a Thai national - very independent?

So any Thai nationals are in your own eyes cheaters?

Only foreigners from the west knows the meaning of justice `?

ERGO the Thai nationals commenting on the other website stating this is a cover up must be lying and cheating as well according to "loongdavids's"

permise ?

Beer and wine?

Migrant workers?

Give us your opinion then - you must have gone to the AC bar if you were there for years - i never been to Samui let alone Tao. Do you ever encounter mafia types there while you live there?

Yes AC Bar was one of the first on the island and is said to have mafia connections but if they did it was discreet, i never noticed anything