Looking to buy condo around Rayong

Hi I am looking to purchase a condo around the Rayong area , my requirements are as follows

On or near a good swimming beach

2 bedroom / preferably 2 bathrooms

Over 80 sm with a large balcony (essential)

Wifi or Internet access

Security

Near local restaurants,supermarkets ect

Nice pool ect

With modern fitout European style

In a quietist area

If anyone knows of a reasonably priced condo fitting these requirements I would appreciate your input .

Cheers Barney

I live in the city itself. I really like living here. I am not a beach person though. The beaches in the city are dirty. We are set between two refineries, i won;t let my kids swim in the sea there.

There is a lot of nice condos areound with pools. The village i live on "Plong Jai 2" which is on Suk Rd has a decent pool and is close to everything you need to live. They are building new condos at the entrance that look good. They can't be far off finished.

Your best bet is to come down and have a look around

I live in the city itself. I really like living here. I am not a beach person though. The beaches in the city are dirty. We are set between two refineries, i won;t let my kids swim in the sea there.

There is a lot of nice condos areound with pools. The village i live on "Plong Jai 2" which is on Suk Rd has a decent pool and is close to everything you need to live. They are building new condos at the entrance that look good. They can't be far off finished.

Your best bet is to come down and have a look around

Thanks for the info yes I intend to go to rayong next week for three or four days to have a quick look around

Thanks you for the information

• Like 1

Try looking along the beach at Bang Chang well priced condos right on the beach, not a busy town great eating places and terrific English style pub The Camel in town A large Tesco and only 20 mins from central Rayong and one street of girly bars if that is your choice

20 mins to Navy beach very clean water and beach, I take the kids there all the time 50 baht to enter the area

Rayong (the city) is an area growing by leaps and bounds! New Condo's going up left and right. Central is building a new shopping mall (finish within a year?)

There is a beach area in the city which is called "Hat Saeng Chan" ....yes, at certain times of the year rubbish appears on the beach (but the same happens all along the eastern seaboard!). There is one old condo (maybe 20 years old but nice architecture) called PMY which has generally in the past had the cheapest condos (friend of mine bought an 80 sq meter unit for 1,400,000 last year). There are also 3 new condo complexes on Hat Saeng Chan .....2 finished recently and one almost finished. The above are beachfront.

Can't count the number of other new condo's going up in Rayong, as said, before ....construction is going crazy here in Rayong.

Personally I've have lived and visited the area for many years. I think its a great place to live. Weather fairly mild with great sea breezes and Not too much rain (never seen flooding in 10 years), Great shopping, restraunants, and everything in close proximity! AND Pattaya is 60 kilometers away....short drive to visit ..whether for food, shopping or ????

Good luck in you searchthumbsup.gif

Rayong (the city) is an area growing by leaps and bounds! New Condo's going up left and right. Central is building a new shopping mall (finish within a year?)

There is a beach area in the city which is called "Hat Saeng Chan" ....yes, at certain times of the year rubbish appears on the beach (but the same happens all along the eastern seaboard!). There is one old condo (maybe 20 years old but nice architecture) called PMY which has generally in the past had the cheapest condos (friend of mine bought an 80 sq meter unit for 1,400,000 last year). There are also 3 new condo complexes on Hat Saeng Chan .....2 finished recently and one almost finished. The above are beachfront.

Can't count the number of other new condo's going up in Rayong, as said, before ....construction is going crazy here in Rayong.

Personally I've have lived and visited the area for many years. I think its a great place to live. Weather fairly mild with great sea breezes and Not too much rain (never seen flooding in 10 years), Great shopping, restraunants, and everything in close proximity! AND Pattaya is 60 kilometers away....short drive to visit ..whether for food, shopping or ????

PMY is an absolute dump IMO. The beach is contaminated 24/7 365 days a year. I believe the new Central is penciled in to open in December but being Thailand it will no doubt be 6-12 months behind

Other than that you are spot on mate. I

PMY is an absolute dump IMO. The beach is contaminated 24/7 365 days a year. I believe the new Central is penciled in to open in December but being Thailand it will no doubt be 6-12 months behind

Other than that you are spot on mate. I

WOW....such negativity!

If you notice....I made no such judgements.

PMY ....is old ...I said as much, just was pointing out condo's in the area and leave such judgements as to condition or livibility to the OP

As for the "Hat Saeng Chan"....Since you live off of Sukumvit your judgement as to the contamination is just that "your opinion" ....and I must point out that you live a few kilometers from the beach so your opinion is suspect and wrong! I live on the beach, so am aware of the condition 24/7 365 days a year and although not the best beach in the world IMO it's just fine!

Hope your day improveswai.gif

Edited by beachproperty

WOW....such negativity!

If you notice....I made no such judgements.

PMY ....is old ...I said as much, just was pointing out condo's in the area and leave such judgements as to condition or livibility to the OP

As for the "Hat Saeng Chan"....Since you live off of Sukumvit your judgement as to the contamination is just that "your opinion" ....and I must point out that you live a few kilometers from the beach so your opinion is suspect and wrong! I live on the beach, so am aware of the condition 24/7 365 days a year and although not the best beach in the world IMO it's just fine!

Hope your day improveswai.gif

I'm an oil and gas professional I know what goes on at those two refineries. I won't let my kids near it nor will my neighbors that are high up engineers at both refineries. I'll make my judgment through my own professional qualifications and those of the people that work there........instead of someone in real estate

The water is very very contaminated

The man asked for opinions. I gave him facts. PMY....URGHHHH, give it a major swerve

I'm an oil and gas professional I know what goes on at those two refineries. I won't let my kids near it nor will my neighbors that are high up engineers at both refineries. I'll make my judgment through my own professional qualifications and those of the people that work there........instead of someone in real estate

The man asked for opinions. I gave him facts. PMY....URGHHHH, give it a major swerve

So, Mr. Oil and Gas Professional ....Have YOU ever tested the water? Have YOU ever seen reports as to the water quality? Facts....yes those are facts,...not just your opinion, hearsay, or innuendo would be appreciated. If you have answered yes to the above questions ....it would be appreciated if you could post the same , Source? etc?thumbsup.gif

Edited by beachproperty

So, Mr. Oil and Gas Professional ....Have YOU ever tested the water? Have YOU ever seen reports as to the water quality? Facts....yes those are facts,...not just your opinion, hearsay, or innuendo would be appreciated. If you have answered yes to the above questions ....it would be appreciated if you could post the same , Source? etc?thumbsup.gif

yes....seen test results, it's not a nice place to swim unfortunately

Lets move on.

Lets move on.

Actually ...would love to move on, as you put it,,,,,BUT You have made some very strong, inflamatory and libelous statements WITHOUT substantiating the same! Now if this is just YOUR opinion....(No Facts)....fine...this is a forum...that's what its all about BUT....

If you have FACTS ...post them,

if not.....well then I believe you know my response

What I find hypocritical is if the water pollution is SO bad, so then it follows that the air pollution must be at least as bad, if not WORSE, and you have CHOOSEN to live in this area!w00t.gif

Edited by beachproperty

Lets move on.

Actually ...would love to move on, as you put it,,,,,BUT You have made some very strong, inflamatory and libelous statements WITHOUT substantiating the same! Now if this is just YOUR opinion....(No Facts)....fine...this is a forum...that's what its all about BUT....

If you have FACTS ...post them,

if not.....well then I believe you know my response

What I find hypocritical is if the water pollution is SO bad, so then it follows that the air pollution must be at least as bad, if not WORSE, and you have CHOOSEN to live in this area!w00t.gif

Nice one xx

The beach front is less than desirable for swimming. I use to gag because of the fish drying place there, the sea was rough mostly ..it's a beach and that's about it. Let's not go on about the packs of dogs.

Pmy is not exactly desirable neither.I nearly bought there when it had just been finished And it was very Isolated , very drab not really cared for the outset ,it may have changed.

It may have value now the whole area is changing and beachfront is becoming so expensive.

They are building a new condo there by the same people building behind Big C. Prices are nuts.

I have to agree I always wondered about the air pollution in Rayong.

But if you are a beachfront sort of person there is so much better within 20mins drive.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your insights I am leaning towards the Mai Pim area but will keep my options open for as we all know" one mans trash is another's treasure " so until I have a good look around for myself I am not discounting any area at this time .

Thanks guys for your insights I am leaning towards the Mai Pim area but will keep my options open for as we all know" one mans trash is another's treasure " so until I have a good look around for myself I am not discounting any area at this time .

Some nice ones on the go around Mae Phim, i had a look around there a couple of weeks ago, very tidy and close to the beach.

http://www.maephimproperty.com/