Universal doubts cloud 'perfect' Koh Tao murder investigation

webfact

UK Rules--you often suggest that the UK Government 'should' do XYZ--but, as we all know, this is very unlikely--Cameron has enough on his plate with ISIS, UKIP, and other anagrams and really--does he have the balls? The UK Police are about as likely to get involved as Deputy Dawg.

Having said that, the silence from everyone close to the case in the UK is soooooo deafening. Hannahs friends, Davids friends, Sean Mcanna. (stab wound in his arm same as the stab wound in davids neck) It cant be a coincidence. I've witnessed it happen with other people upon landing at Heathrow. I would imagine they were all met at the airport getting off the plane and questioned. They've probably been told to not discuss anything with anyone as behind the scenes they are indeed conducting their own investigations. Does Cameron have the balls? Just because the British elite are reserved and have manners, don't think for a minute the authorities are gonna be trod over by anyone. Our security forces are world class professionals. And to add... the murdered kids parents ...if they have been told the truth by people close to them....dont be suprised if they are arranging their own repercussions. I know would be.

+10 (ran out of Likes, so you get my next 10) biggrin.png

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see some funds go to his poor distraught parents. Hopefully someone can facilitate at the very least a phone conversation. This article made this whole case even more sad ~ I just can't imagine what it must feel like to be this mother and father. I've already contacted Andy Hall with this ~ and would be more than willing to help .

http://www.mizzima.com/opinion/interviews/item/13545-father-of-kao-tao-murders-suspect-requests-chance-to-talk-to-his-son

Mizzima: How did you hear of the murder case

Father: People from our village living on Koh Tao informed us that Win Zaw Htun was arrested for murder. His mother did not believe it. Her son would not kill somebody. After we saw it on the TV news, we believed it. My wife is unable to eat or sleep anymore since then. She could go mad.

Mizzima: What will you do to lobby for the release of your son? Will you go to Yangon or go to Thailand?

Father: We have no idea what to do. We have no money to go to Yangon and no knowledge about how to go there.

Edited by jaiyen17
  • Like 2

I would love to see some funds go to his poor distraught parents. Hopefully someone can facilitate at the very least a phone conversation. This article made this whole case even more sad ~ I just can't imagine what it must feel like to be this mother and father. I've already contacted Andy Hall with this ~ and would be more than willing to help .

http://www.mizzima.com/opinion/interviews/item/13545-father-of-kao-tao-murders-suspect-requests-chance-to-talk-to-his-son

Father: People from our village living on Koh Tao informed us that Win Zaw Htun was arrested for murder. His mother did not believe it. Her son would not kill somebody. After we saw it on the TV news, we believed it. My wife is unable to eat or sleep anymore since then. She could go mad.

Mizzima: What will you do to lobby for the release of your son? Will you go to Yangon or go to Thailand?

Father: We have no idea what to do. We have no money to go to Yangon and no knowledge about how to go there.

The forgotten ones, thats brought a lump to my throat

• Like 2

That article claims the 2 suspects had stolen the motorbike from the victim and kept it. Unbelievably stupid murderers to keep the clearly marked rental bike of the 2 tourists you just killed. Why did the police not make a song and dance about this, more damning than a mobile phone, if it is indeed true at all.

Way back when, there was a photo of a motor bike hidden in the jungle. I recall at the time it was clean and red and white. The story ended there.

At the time I was thinking it may have been Sean's using it to escape Mon and the undercover policeman. He did say he hid in the jungle.

What happened to Sean's motorbike? I did read he was desperate to sell it.

“We also discovered one of them had a mobile phone of one of the victims and the motorbikes they used that night.”

I don't know about Sean's motorbike but I think that article might have been interpreted wrongly by the person making that comment claiming that the bike had been stolen from the victims? To me that says they (the police) found the bike the Burmese used that night. Can't see mention of a bike being stolen from victims?

There was a picure of a motorbike on the Koh Tao Community FB group that someone there found in the jungle a couple of days after the murder..asking the groupwhat she should do..someone advised her to inform the cops...she did..dont know who it belonged to..it looked in good shape

:(

Thanks for sharing...

• Like 1

So this is where someone could get familial DNA from to test against any samples collected in the UK....

I'd say that would be quite an independent test.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

Yes, indeed. We can only imagine what they're going through.

There is an interesting quote from the article: “As a family we hope that the right people are found and brought to justice.”

That makes me think that they don't believe that the Burmese are responsible. They have the right to ask for the UK to conduct its own investigation if they are not happy with the Thai investigation....

Topic Headline: Universal doubts cloud 'perfect' Koh Tao murder investigation
From the Bangkok.Coconuts.co website:
"Coconuts Media is a local city website network that harnesses social media and video to amplify coverage of urban areas in Asia." including
Bangkok, Hong Kong, Jakarta ,Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Singapore. Doesn't say much about its coverage in the rest of the Universe.

Nonsense.

All they need to do is put it into print and get it on the internet,

Social Media has cracked this case, and may have cracked this entire system of crime and punishment

They should next focus on the Thai prisons

• Like 1

So this is where someone could get familial DNA from to test against any samples collected in the UK....

I'd say that would be quite an independent test.

you think, any independent institution on this planet would have/be free to release the DNA-identification of the sperm ?

from the suspects, DNA could be also retrieved from their personal belongings - if anything left.

personally, i dont think, the UK could secure any perpetrator-DNA from the victims.

they are washed and preserved with some liquid, after forensics and before transportation, faik.

The forgotten ones, thats brought a lump to my throat

Mine as well. I will go to sleep now dreaming of how to get some funds to this man. So many great minds on TV ~ we should get proactive where we "safely" can since it's obvious many of us can't get this off of our minds. Wish there was more we could do without worrying about our next passport stamp. sad.png

• Like 1

Would love to, but what goes where? it is all in Thai. i tried and filled in what I thought was correct, but it was rejected.

I just looked at it & the top portion was in English, the bottom half is in Thai. It's pretty simple. Just fill in the form on the right & click the big honking "Submit Button" below it.

32 people have signed it in the last 10 minutes or so.

I just went on the site again and the box in red you fill in is all in Thai. Why have this box in Thai or is that who you are targeting to sign?

I think there is a drop down menu you get by clicking in the bottom right corner. No idea why it's in Thai, but maybe lots of Thais are signing up

Cannot get English. I'm using a tablet computer. Got my Thai wife to translate and after 10 minutes just gave up. Want to sign but finding it way to difficult and by the sounds of it others are having the same problems.

1st box = 1st name

2nd box - surname

3rd box = e-mail address

4th box = current city

If currently living/staying in Thailand, uncheck little box above big red button

HIT BIG RED BUTTON

I have to agree with those who have posted that the police will never back down at this point. Especially now with their "perfect investigation" statement.

I agree that the police won't back down, but not because of the "perfect investigation" statement. Rather, they won't back down because there's no way they are going to give back the money they were paid by the real murderer's family to look the other way. If the police have already taken the money, they have no choice but to deliver on their promise to protect the real murderer. If they renege on their promise to protect the real murderer and the real murderer is arrested, then the person who paid them for the protection would have nothing more to lose by telling the world that the police accepted money from him in exchange for finding scapegoats. The police involved in this case are scared now that their sham of an investigation is about to fall through, so they're threatening to sue anyone who questions their conclusions. So in order to protect myself from being sued, let me state for the record that I completely and wholeheartedly believe their lies.

I just "liked" and then "unliked" this... in case you get "sued" don't want to be an accomplice in defamation wink.png Hope I wake up in Thailand tomorrow...I keep having nightmares I'm in China 1zgarz5.gif

• Like 1

Here's the non-suspect who fled the island the day after and has not provided a dna sample.

Mon sot.....408749_2516699513748_939083871_n.jpg?oh=

Taken from his fb page

KAO TAO MURDERS - THE 'THIRD MAN' SPEAKS UP - 'I DO NOT BELIEVE MY FRIENDS DID IT'.
KEY WITNESS DRIVES A HOLE THROUGH THAI POLICE CASE
Thai police case against the alleged killers of two British backpackers in Thailand was dealt another devastating blow today after their key witness said he had no knowledge of the murder – even though he too was beaten by Thai police.

KO%2BMAUNG%2BMAUNG.jpg Ko Maung Maung, seated in blue, with Embassy officials and Thai Police - DVB And Ko Maung Maung, 21, the supposed main prosecution witness being held under police protection to testify against his two Burmese friends, who are alleged to have killed Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, told Burmese Embassy officials today that he did not believe his friends were the killers.

In front of Thai Police and Embassy officials Ko Maung Maung, also known as Ko Than Shwe, said he had been out drinking with his two friends Win Zaw Htun and Zaw Lin on Sairee Beach on the night of the murders.

In a statement broadcast on DVB News (Democratic Voice of Burma) lawyer Aung Myo Htan said: “He said he had his friend had bought three beers and one packet of cigarettes and then went home about 1 am.”

His friends decided to continue drinking, and when he woke up in the morning his two friends had returned. Everything seemed normal. They had not cuts of bruises. “I did not think my friends could have done that,” he said, referring to the brutal killings of Hannah, 23, from Great Yarmouth, and David, 24, from Jersey. The interview was witnessed by Second Secretary at the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok.

ko%2Bmaung%2Bmaung2.jpg

Ko Maung Maung also said he too was hit and threatened by a Rohingya roti-seller who acted as interpreter for the Royal Thai Police. Currently there is a major political conflict between Rohingyas in Arakan State, Burma, and ordinary Burmese.

Ko Maung Maung’s statement throws another spanner in the works of the Thai policed investigation which has been ridiculed worldwide.

Bangkok Police Chief Somyot Pumpunmuang told his investigating officers yesterday that had done ‘a perfect job’ in investigating the murders.

More allegations of beatings which already have been made by Burmese migrant labourers on Koh Tao and the two young accused men Win Zaw Htun and Zaw Lin, make the confessions to Thai police less and less credible. The two young Burmese men have already retracted their confessions - and Amnesty International has belatedly joined the protest.

British Ambassador Mark Kent has declined to comment on the investigation. It seems likely that defence lawyers will seek help from British police to secure a new test of the DNA of the killers.

• Like 1

I cannot believe the UK stays inactive. I am sure plenty of discussions have been taking place behind closed doors. The UK government will not go public unless no tangible progress can be made by the Thai authorities. Of course the UK authorities are not blind, probably fully aware and concerned by the total fiasco around this investigation. But condemning publicly the RTP would be the ultimate decision. A lot can happen in between, directly or indirectly.

If everybody sends the link to the change.org petition to the British embassy and also the FCO in the Uk and numerous other goverment and media agency's then things will start to happen!

Spend 10 minutes and send 10 emails! Google is your friend.

Together we can make a difference!

Heres one to start you off

https://www.facebook.com/mark.kent.71/friends

A ' perfect job ', I wonder what he would call one that had really been botched ?

yes exactly!

which one of the accused dyed there hair from blonde (there was blonde hairs found in female victims hand) to black?

who and where is the 3rd suspect who was a witness at the scene, and named the accused ? one report was that he ran away?

this gets worse every day

he was propably heavy beaten and they can't show him,

before wounds are not healed;

What other reason ??

Here's the non-suspect who fled the island the day after and has not provided a dna sample.

Taken from his fb page

KAO TAO MURDERS - THE 'THIRD MAN' SPEAKS UP - 'I DO NOT BELIEVE MY FRIENDS DID IT'.
Thai police case against the alleged killers of two British backpackers in Thailand was dealt another devastating blow today after their key witness said he had no knowledge of the murder – even though he too was beaten by Thai police.

KO%2BMAUNG%2BMAUNG.jpg Ko Maung Maung, seated in blue, with Embassy officials and Thai Police - DVB And Ko Maung Maung, 21, the supposed main prosecution witness being held under police protection to testify against his two Burmese friends, who are alleged to have killed Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, told Burmese Embassy officials today that he did not believe his friends were the killers.

In front of Thai Police and Embassy officials Ko Maung Maung, also known as Ko Than Shwe, said he had been out drinking with his two friends Win Zaw Htun and Zaw Lin on Sairee Beach on the night of the murders.

In a statement broadcast on DVB News (Democratic Voice of Burma) lawyer Aung Myo Htan said: “He said he had his friend had bought three beers and one packet of cigarettes and then went home about 1 am.”

His friends decided to continue drinking, and when he woke up in the morning his two friends had returned. Everything seemed normal. They had not cuts of bruises. “I did not think my friends could have done that,” he said, referring to the brutal killings of Hannah, 23, from Great Yarmouth, and David, 24, from Jersey. The interview was witnessed by Second Secretary at the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok.

ko%2Bmaung%2Bmaung2.jpg

Ko Maung Maung also said he too was hit and threatened by a Rohingya roti-seller who acted as interpreter for the Royal Thai Police. Currently there is a major political conflict between Rohingyas in Arakan State, Burma, and ordinary Burmese.

Ko Maung Maung’s statement throws another spanner in the works of the Thai policed investigation which has been ridiculed worldwide.

Bangkok Police Chief Somyot Pumpunmuang told his investigating officers yesterday that had done ‘a perfect job’ in investigating the murders.

More allegations of beatings which already have been made by Burmese migrant labourers on Koh Tao and the two young accused men Win Zaw Htun and Zaw Lin, make the confessions to Thai police less and less credible. The two young Burmese men have already retracted their confessions - and Amnesty International has belatedly joined the protest.

British Ambassador Mark Kent has declined to comment on the investigation. It seems likely that defence lawyers will seek help from British police to secure a new test of the DNA of the killers.

Wow! what is the source for that? Is it a blog, if so whose. Hope main stream media check it out.

Plus prosecutor sent back 800 page file to police for modifications.

Taken from his fb page

ko%2Bmaung%2Bmaung2.jpg

Mark Kent , time you shut up, if and when the truth comes out you can resign, this guy has just given evidence that he would not make up, his friends are facing the death penality, would you make that up ?

Taken from his fb page

could anyone enlighten me, who this "dodo" is ?

its a worker at ac bar ?

or is he the "close aide" of woraphan tuwichian, the owner of the intouch bar ?

Prosecutors seek changes 'More crucial information' sought in the case involving the murders of two british tourists

Surat Thani-based public prosecutors yesterday returned the police's investigation report into the murder of two British tourists last month to the officers that had produced it, asking them to supply "more crucial information".

Describing the killings "as high profile, attracting attention from society around the world", the prosecutors reportedly also told the police to "fix certain flaws" and make the 850-page report "more succinct", without giving them a time frame in which to do so.

• Like 1

asking them to supply "more crucial information".

the prosecutors reportedly also told the police to "fix certain flaws" and make the 850-page report "more succinct"

Parinya also said a Rohingya interpreter was used during the police interrogation of the two suspects, who are from Rakhine state, who allegedly bore a grudge against Rohingya people, apart from their different languages.

Here we go...............Just as well the uniforms are already in brown... facepalm.gif

Edited by englishoak

I hope the RTP (Rotten Thai Police) will now understand how they are a shame and an embarrassment for the victims, their families but also for all Thai people. Yes they can be sad and continue to threaten us all. Yes we are now all insulting officers. Shame on the 200 RTP that paraded on Koh Tao island. All, from top to bottom. All with their clean and nice uniforms. For the good General PM, let's say that he has been mislead by his own hierarchy. I hope he will have the balls to take drastic actions against the whole RTP mafia organization. Lead by example! Give them a well deserved Reward!!! Let the show begin and most of all, bring true JUSTICE to the victims.

• Like 2

As perfect as it may seem ! Open and closed case , i am sure that at autopsy the pathologist in the UK has been diligent enough to take hair samples to test for Rohipnol .

This is no wine or alcohol related crime , it smacks of premeditated date rape , outRAGE and instant remorse by the Iced up perps .

I mean lets be frank here ,Hannah was not merely killed on that beach , someone no doubt in a rage made an attempt to annihilate , to wipe her face of this earth .

As a consequence i am sure those friends and associates , of they main suspects in this case , will have noticed outbursts of rage on other occasions , no doubt some of those associates are now having their own doubts . It is time for them to voice their doubts , they may be among the Burmese community of Koh tao , or the more refined society of BBk university , or indeed previous travellers to the island .

Nice of you to show concern and add an opinion,

if you had been following this case from day one, and had seen the horriffic crime scene photos,

and had them explained to you by someone experienced in Forensics,

there are several things that have been missed along the way,

Sorry to the families of the victims, but it's time I share this morbid fact again,

The crime scene photos clearly show that hannah was raped post mortum...Sorry but it's true,,,

Please people, never give up in the pursuit for some form of justice...

When will the FAMILY come up and say, we want Koh Tao to be safe for everyone, you're all welcome...we will submit a DNA test to the UK officials...Till that day, loss of face and money!!!!!

• Like 1

I have to agree with those who have posted that the police will never back down at this point. Especially now with their "perfect investigation" statement.

I agree that the police won't back down, but not because of the "perfect investigation" statement. Rather, they won't back down because there's no way they are going to give back the money they were paid by the real murderer's family to look the other way. If the police have already taken the money, they have no choice but to deliver on their promise to protect the real murderer. If they renege on their promise to protect the real murderer and the real murderer is arrested, then the person who paid them for the protection would have nothing more to lose by telling the world that the police accepted money from him in exchange for finding scapegoats. The police involved in this case are scared now that their sham of an investigation is about to fall through, so they're threatening to sue anyone who questions their conclusions. So in order to protect myself from being sued, let me state for the record that I completely and wholeheartedly believe their lies.
Not just the money they got from the families but also the kickbacks and money they got from the Junta for wrapping this up. Everyone is paying them to make this go away.
  • Like 1

Nice of you to show concern and add an opinion,

if you had been following this case from day one, and had seen the horriffic crime scene photos,

and had them explained to you by someone experienced in Forensics,

there are several things that have been missed along the way,

Sorry to the families of the victims, but it's time I share this morbid fact again,

The crime scene photos clearly show that hannah was raped post mortum...Sorry but it's true,,,

Please people, never give up in the pursuit for some form of justice...

When will the FAMILY come up and say, we want Koh Tao to be safe for everyone, you're all welcome...we will submit a DNA test to the UK officials...Till that day, loss of face and money!!!!!

this is probably the most shocking thing.

but what else has been missed ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11147921/Amnesty-urges-investigation-into-torture-of-Thai-island-murder-suspects.html

Now that has clout to quote another, the pressure is mounting.

I wonder how JTJ will spin this one out

Good Article. The RTP cannot afford to have this case go to trial or undergo any kind of scrutiny at all - it will fall apart very quickly.

Makes it a bit scary for the lives of these two then - and the third "witness" being held incognito.

Awaiting triple suicide!!!

• Like 1