Universal doubts cloud 'perfect' Koh Tao murder investigation

webfact

That article claims the 2 suspects had stolen the motorbike from the victim and kept it. Unbelievably stupid murderers to keep the clearly marked rental bike of the 2 tourists you just killed. Why did the police not make a song and dance about this, more damning than a mobile phone, if it is indeed true at all.

Way back when, there was a photo of a motor bike hidden in the jungle. I recall at the time it was clean and red and white. The story ended there.

At the time I was thinking it may have been Sean's using it to escape Mon and the undercover policeman. He did say he hid in the jungle.

What happened to Sean's motorbike? I did read he was desperate to sell it.

We also discovered one of them had a mobile phone of one of the victims and the motorbikes they used that night.

I don't know about Sean's motorbike but I think that article might have been interpreted wrongly by the person making that comment claiming that the bike had been stolen from the victims? To me that says they (the police) found the bike the Burmese used that night. Can't see mention of a bike being stolen from victims?

Your right it was the Myanmar suspects motorbike which is a white and orange Honda click 2008 model.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can we know David was attacked by a left handed person?

I must admit that his wounds don't look like what I'd expect to see from a hoe, especially the blunt side but I'm not basing this on any scientific understanding.

This is my biggest doubt in relation to David being attacked with a knife: in a struggle with someone who brandished a knife, wouldn't you expect more slash wounds to David's arms and body? I can't bring myself to believe the attacker would primarily stab into David's skull during a fight- I just can't get the image.

This will help you get the image.

https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210/photos/a.600950366649359.1073741828.596740650403664/712038985540496/?type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210/photos/a.600950366649359.1073741828.596740650403664/708575842553477/?type=1&relevant_count=1

Now the burmese have their lawyers perhaps we could start a fund to match the $1 million baht that the head man said he would pay if anyone could prove anyone from his family was involved....

Let's rustle up a million baht and offer it to the heads mans family if they give DNA samples to the UK authorities..All the sons and cousins...not put the samples in a taxi fto Singapore and end up in bkk...Let the uk compare them with the samples they have

If they have nothing to hide they'd jump at it and all this inuendo would vanish...

Then their sweet little Island can return to business as normal, even regain their already lost face and income,

What's worse for a Thai, loss of face or money? Well you have all of the above now..

Would be the perfect call for his disgusting offer of a million to prove his family did it...

The familes DNA holds the key..

What's this bullshit about giving DNA to the Pommies,,,If one wants a independent investigation I would say the only ones that could maybe help the Thai investigators is a combined effort from the UN and the Thai Police,,,Not UK!

What Thais can't understand (esp RTP) is that tourists just want justice done, & seen to be done - the real perps locked up, then doffed.

RTP think that tourists / fallangs / expats will be happy if it is 'shown' to be not a Thai - irrespective of the fact that it happened 100% in Thailand.

Gunna kick all Burmese out of Thailand now? Who's gunna take out the garbage?

Give DNA to the Pommies. (& not bought from a gay male Burmese prostitute)

"& not bought from a gay male Burmese prostitute"

You have any proof the back that statement up? facepalm.gif

I don't believe these two young men are guilty for a moment. The whole thing looks like a crude cover-up that is fooling no one. But what it is doing I suspect is making a lot of people think twice before visiting Thailand (again), me included, and that can only result in a loss of tourism income. And I have to say that I am very concerned as to what might happen to two apparent scapegoats. Not good, not good at all.

Not really. People forget very easily.

In no time there will be a lot of people visiting Thailand, and this case will be all forgotten. The two young men who are framed will be put to death,

Sad. :(

...........Let's rustle up a million baht and offer it to the heads mans family .........

Wouldn't give them the skin of my sh1t.

I wouldn,t have bothered posting such a crass reply if I felt this way about the case...................then again I have some humility wai2.gif

If you read some of the accounts in the international newspapers linked above, you might assume that the unfortunate victims were having a late night stroll on the beach enjoying the (maybe) moonlit view of the Gulf of Siam before they were assaulted.

The Australian one in particular states: It is still unclear what prompted the killings.

So what prompted these tragic murders then?

Looks like someone is sending the RTP a message smile.png

https://twitter.com/Atomicalandy/status/519810732074881024/photo/1

It's my turn to apologize to Ambassador Mark Kent . At last he is representing us British in Thailand and our utter disbelief in the handling of this murder investigation on Ko Tao. Beers are on me Mark if I happen to come across you at the pub. You are a good man.

• Like 2

.....At the same time, reports filtered out from Burmese media that an embassy lawyer had in fact described it as a set up after the two men, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, revealed bruises they said came from torture and recanted their confessions........

...how can this be ignored.....???

Easy TIT.

The military successfully told 20,000,000 Thais that they were wrong electing Yingluck and pulled off a seamless coup d'etat. They can do what they want. They got guns, tanks, helicopters and shit

Do they have 20 000 000 Thais backing them?

Looks like someone is sending the RTP a message smile.png

https://twitter.com/Atomicalandy/status/519810732074881024/photo/1

It's my turn to apologize to Ambassador Mark Kent . At last he is representing us British in Thailand and our utter disbelief in the handling of this murder investigation on Ko Tao. Beers are on me Mark if I happen to come across you at the pub. You are a good man.

and the saga continues... https://twitter.com/KentBKK/status/519875261165101057

I would like to put on record my apologies to Her Majesty’s representive to Bangkok Mr. Kent. I severely criticized you following your alleged comments about the RTP investigation, Sir I am sorry and I take back all I said.

To be fair he should have made some sort of statement reassuring people about the situation. He partly deserved the comments he received.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What good is writing all this speculation & meaningless

personal opinions that change nothing and help no one?

We know full well the two boys did not do it.

The better informed and particularly the Thai Koh Tao residents,

know full well who did it.

Do we want to help somewhat/somehow? Do we care to save these

two innocent boys' lives?

Yes, naturally we do.

So, to the mods, to the TVF community: is there a way for some fund

to be set up? If enough money were to be raised, perhaps a private

sleuth could be hired, with the help of the British & Burmese embassies.

Or honest independent lawyers might be provided. Or reliable translators

for the two (three actually) Burmese blokes.

If each one of us were to donate a mere 5 quid, that could definitely

make a difference for these 2 (3) innocent men, would it not?

Tzar

I also posted about setting up a fund but no one replied.. I would hope most of the people on TV would contribute considering everyone feels the same way (apart from JohnT and a few others)..

If you want to start a campaign I would definitely help out.. Have a look at http://www.pozible.com/

• Like 2

The pancake seller is giving a real dirty look in the other picture of this article

The dreaded Mr.banana-pancake-maker with an evil glare...I would laugh hysterically any other time, but I can't now...maybe later when real justice has been served. Please no pics. of him doing the glare, then I couldn't hold it in anymore.

What good is writing all this speculation & meaningless

personal opinions that change nothing and help no one?

We know full well the two boys did not do it.

The better informed and particularly the Thai Koh Tao residents,

know full well who did it.

Do we want to help somewhat/somehow? Do we care to save these

two innocent boys' lives?

Yes, naturally we do.

So, to the mods, to the TVF community: is there a way for some fund

to be set up? If enough money were to be raised, perhaps a private

sleuth could be hired, with the help of the British & Burmese embassies.

Or honest independent lawyers might be provided. Or reliable translators

for the two (three actually) Burmese blokes.

If each one of us were to donate a mere 5 quid, that could definitely

make a difference for these 2 (3) innocent men, would it not?

Tzar

We don't know a shit , that's the problem , social media are feeding us with a lot of rumours and speculations .

Even if human rights organizations look at this case , the fact still remains , their DNA matched what was found on the victims.

The only good thing that would come out of this is if Thailand accept help from the UK or another country to do completely new DNA tests . Since the RTP has lost all faith in Thai society , whatever they do to solve a crime, nobody will believe them, even if they do a good job .

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

My advice is still the same. If you want justice then the only way is to boycott Ko Tao island. This way the tourist dollar doesn't't enter the pockets of the mobster family that all the evidence points to murderers that killed the 2 young Brits.

I agree..boycott the whole island..cut the mobster's income from drugs, sex and booze off.

That will put our Ambassador on the spot. After all the BIB are to be congratulated. 555

I did wonder how Mr Kent is feeling, assuming that he said even half what the BIB said, he said. But did he say any of it?

I suspect he probably made some kind of congratulatory remark as that would, diplomatically, be expected. But does anyone seriously think he actually said the effuse congratulatory drivel that was reported?

If anything, it's another example of the BIB shooting themselves in the foot. They went waaaay over the top in exaggerating what he probably said, to the extent that it looked unbelievable.

Taken from Mark Kent's twitter feed:

"Much speculation about UK views on Koh Tao investigation.UK has good relationship w Thai Police, but I have not commented on investigation".

Someone replied asking: "So you didn't praise police in solving the case & say they showed "exemplary professionalism" as reported http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-migrant-workers-confess-rape-murder-british-tourists/ "

to which his reply was simply:

"No"

Thank you Lausie. UK Gov is not inactive as one poster stated. They are v active in this.

Latest (Oct 7) UK Gov statement is in Telegraph article.

Oct 8th, Mark Kent met with Andy Hall`s Koh Tao monitoring mission. http://twitter.com/pakhead

Oct 8th Mr Kent met with Thai MFA to discuss case. (see mark Kent`s twiitter feed)

http://telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11145536

Edited by heyexile
  • Like 1

Get a International fund going to get real justice for David and Hannah. Instead everybody sit's on the side like spectators at a football game, posting all their troll posts.

Come on UK, get your finger out of your ass and start doing something about this BS. The whole world would support this fund, to show these Hi-So's nobody in untouchable if you really put your mind to it.

Come On.... Get going and put the real scum where they belong.

Get a International fund going to get real justice for David and Hannah. Instead everybody sit's on the side like spectators at a football game, posting all their troll posts.

Come on UK, get your finger out of your ass and start doing something about this BS. The whole world would support this fund, to show these Hi-So's nobody in untouchable if you really put your mind to it.

Latest on UK action, see #363

For funding defence best to contact Myanmar Embassy and or Andy Hall imo

Andy Hall is on http://twitter.com/Atomicalandy

If it were possible to turn back time, other than preventing this horrific crime - here is the last bit of real investigative work anyone on the outside has seen:

Nation: 24 September - Police free bar owners and look for ex village headman's son.

Reading this again, in light of what you know today, will leave no doubt that this is the point where everything went awry, smoke and mirrors and a concerted effort put into hiding the truth took the place of good police work.

I can not accept that a psychopathic killer, involved in such a barbaric crime, can be allowed to go free.

Shame on you. bah.gifsick.gifsick.gif

Indeed, but also conveniently points in the right direction. Not to hard to imagine what happened there at or just after 24 september.

http://www.youcaring.com/other/fighting-unjust-lawsuit-against-migrant-rights-defender/94047