Universal doubts cloud 'perfect' Koh Tao murder investigation

webfact

The doubts over the current Burmese suspects is only one aspect of the case though. The 'family of interest' are still looking somewhat untouchable presently, no matter how many calls for them to be tested there are. None of these calls are coming from voices with authority, and possibly never will. Can't see how that aspect is going to be resolved at present, unless some new witnesses turn up possibly

Edited by bunglebag
  • Like 1

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a recording, audio, but most important, video of the interrogation?

I should be!

Did the interrogators speak the accused mother tongue during the interrogation or they used a certified translator?

Which one of the close to 100 dialects are the accused speaking?

Burmese, Sino Tibetan, Tai-Kadai, Austronesian?

If a translator was used, who is him/her? Is him/she an official, licensed, accredited interpreter by the Thai appropriate authorities?

At which point of the interrogation was him/she brought in (after/during/before the torture)?

Is there an audio/video recording of the alleged confession?

Is there a hand written (alleged) confession in the accused mother tongue?

What is the exact date, time and place the alleged confessions were given. As required by international law, when a foreigner is involved in a capital crime, at least two people from the embassy or consular mission have to witness the confession(s) and sign as witness

I would like to put on record my apologies to Her Majestys representive to Bangkok Mr. Kent. I severely criticized you following your alleged comments about the RTP investigation, Sir I am sorry and I take back all I said.

Spoken like a true Gentleman. Likes for you.

I believe his correct title is "His Excellency Mr Mark Kent" but I'm sure he appreciated the sentiment. Hope he is appropriately mad at the RTP, not that a representative of her Majesty would ever express such a thing in words.
And your Excellency's handling of the issuing of passports was outstanding, bravo!

Not my Excellency since I am not British. See how assumptions can make you look silly....along with the passport comment. That was such insightful satire it just lost me in the first few words. All done now?

With so many sceptics who think it's a police set up not have Thais involved perhaps the Thai police should simply drop the case and deport the two young men accused .

Let the British police come here and resolve the murder by themselves , then you would be sure that there was no bias of any sort .

Do you really think they would leave themselves open to the possibility that British police might find a Thai guilty?

Not going to happen. sad.png

And have the southern police chief of Surat thani and those below him on the case lose big face in front of the whole world. Nope
So where's the compromise?

If things continue to snowball as they are, the BIB are going to be looking for an out where they can make some BS claim that absolves them from responsibility for arresting the wrong guys, assuming they are the wrong guys. Nothing's proven yet.

However outlandish, they'll need to have some spin on things that they can use to save face. A bit like murderers say that it wasn't their fault they killed someone it was because they were drunk, etc,etc.

Not seeing it yet, but if things go pear shaped with these two workers arrest, it'll be interesting, probably hilarious, to see what the BIB come up with.

A long way to go yet though, the BIB won't give in without a fight, and if they have done their work properly, nor should they. It's just, how can I put it, these little things keep cropping up that put them in a bad light. So inconvenient.

It will be justice for the victims families and friends and a turning point in the Thai judicial process.

Why wont you people let this one go ?? It is an closed case by now anyway biggrin.png

As stated, it was good policework that finished this case perfectly.....clap2.gifclap2.gif

The popo is actually so certain of their case, that they will prosecute anyone who dares to question their Work and outcome of their case...

Xiled

Why can't the Thais understand that they have already lost all of their face. Its gone! The only way to get it back and save face is to perform a thorough investigation and arrest all the perpetrators! Find out the entire story, collect all the evidence and stop trying to write the story and trying to find facts to support it!

Because what you are suggesting is not Thai-logic...

Thats why you will keep seeing stupid statements and ideas come up. Just watch for the news tomorrow.

So what are the chances that these suspects will suddenly find their murder charges exchanged for the lesser charges of making false statements to the police and deliberately wasting police time?

It's looking increasingly likely that the case is going to collapse, and someone will undoubtedly have to take the rap for that. So why not blame the three hapless Burmese workers for leading the police astray with a cock and bull story that they cooked up for the fun of it?

The way this tragic soap has been conducted, you'd have to believe anything was possible.

In the BP there is an article this evening "Tourists Flock to FMP" which makes me understand why BP are not allowed to be quoted. It appears they are a TAT mouthpiece. A very poor taste article full of - crap.

S Puwasetthaworn, who is president of the TA of Koh Samui, said local tourism had returned to normal and there was little or no impact from the Koh Tao murders. Good news then, not saddened or regretful.

W Thaipanit, president of the TA of Koh Phangan, said the number of foreign tourists was unexpectedly high, rooms on Haad Rin were fully booked and nearly all 7,500 rooms on Koh Phangan... OMG This happens maybe two or three times in a year! This is low season - no ways are these numbers here!!! She estimates "15,000-20,000 tourists are here for the full moon party" - again, that is one hell of a party for October.

Why the lies and deceit must carry on I will never understand. They are trying to create a new reality? Has this person even been to KP?

As you can tell I am furious at what they printed - the statements are the biggest fabrication of lies I have ever come across. If you believe her then this island (KP) would be heaving like it was high season, but in fact it is just the opposite - quite normal for this month. Now Had Rin could be full, but I have just been through Thongsala and it is a ghost town, all the bike shops have most of their bikes out front - a sure measurement of tourist numbers. Two empty taxis passed me leaving town, towards HR - not a good sign. All the restaurants and bars are completely empty.

STOP LYING PLEASE

I have no axe to grind with KP - I love this island, but I am hugely affronted by the blatant lies this article reports.

Oh, and nice to know

"Stop telling Thais" is what they say in Singapore. Look it up if you don't believe me. Lieing is a national pastime here.

From the article in the OP:

"In fact so many voices of skepticism or downright disbelief have erupted since Friday that police Tuesday resorted to threatening prosecution of anyone who challenged their conclusions, saying they would charge dissenters with “insulting officials.”"

Ha - so they're going to prosecute the whole world for not believing their conclusions? Rather than trying to threaten the world into believing them, why not try providing plausible evidence? And rather than charging the world with "insulting officials", the world should charge them with "insulting our intelligence". We're the ones being insulted - not them.

• Like 1

Why can't we just wait for the trial? Just because they've been deemed suspects and charged doesn't exactly mean they're guilty and going to prison. All this hoo-ha for nothing.

If it hadn't of been for all this hoo-ha, this would already be over, they would have probably already be hung.

Edited by bertty
  • Like 1

The doubts over the current Burmese suspects is only one aspect of the case though. The 'family of interest' are still looking somewhat untouchable presently, no matter how many calls for them to be tested there are. None of these calls are coming from voices with authority, and possibly never will. Can't see how that aspect is going to be resolved at present, unless some new witnesses turn up possibly

I for what it's worth think that this 'family of interest' might have an interesting encounter with an ex-mossad-agent or a similar person in the need of an extra dollar on their bank account in the near future. not that they will have the time to realize it though...

"there was one big problem for the police whove been under intense pressure to show results: No one bought it.

Not the international audience; not the domestic audience."

except these clowns: JohnThailandJohn,soumanioco,Hisseheo,SICHONSTEVE,balo,Tanlic,Beetlejuice

You want to say this to my face?

So, not only are you full of toxic garbage your now resorting to threats ... To sser ....

Scott be careful, you will make these people sad.

"These people"???

Now how sad is that?

"there was one big problem for the police whove been under intense pressure to show results: No one bought it.

Not the international audience; not the domestic audience."

except these clowns: JohnThailandJohn,soumanioco,Hisseheo,SICHONSTEVE,balo,Tanlic,Beetlejuice

You want to say this to my face?

So, not only are you full of toxic garbage your now resorting to threats ... To sser ....

"Full of toxic garbage"

I assure you I'm nothing like you.

And I wasn't the one who made it personal.

So why don't you just shut your pie hole

That article claims the 2 suspects had stolen the motorbike from the victim and kept it. Unbelievably stupid murderers to keep the clearly marked rental bike of the 2 tourists you just killed. Why did the police not make a song and dance about this, more damning than a mobile phone, if it is indeed true at all.

Way back when, there was a photo of a motor bike hidden in the jungle. I recall at the time it was clean and red and white. The story ended there.

At the time I was thinking it may have been Sean's using it to escape Mon and the undercover policeman. He did say he hid in the jungle.

What happened to Sean's motorbike? I did read he was desperate to sell it.

It wouldnt surprise me if these 2 scapegoats are found dead in their cells, having committed 'suicide'

Along with a taped conversation or letter admitting their guilt.

Convenient. Case closed.

Its the only way out for the cops.

They will take them to trial, an unfair trial, guilty verdict will be read, prison. Two months from that verdict it will just be part of the injustices we've seen already.

I have to agree with those who have posted that the police will never back down at this point. Especially now with their "perfect investigation" statement. There's no going back from a statement like that. Those calling for an independent DNA investigation--sorry to say but the police have had plenty of time to manipulate all of the DNA that they have collected and make it point wherever they want it to point. I don't know whether they have done that or not but since they didn't have representatives from Britain in on the investigation from the beginning the question will always be there in many people's minds.

• Like 1

so how does the DNA match?

That Sir, is what most people want to know. Along with, was it tampered with in any way?

How will we ever get an answer? An independent check of source DNA.

Will we ever get it?

Hmm, I never thought it could happen, but is that a chink,of light I see? Far in the distance......

That article claims the 2 suspects had stolen the motorbike from the victim and kept it. Unbelievably stupid murderers to keep the clearly marked rental bike of the 2 tourists you just killed. Why did the police not make a song and dance about this, more damning than a mobile phone, if it is indeed true at all.

Way back when, there was a photo of a motor bike hidden in the jungle. I recall at the time it was clean and red and white. The story ended there.

At the time I was thinking it may have been Sean's using it to escape Mon and the undercover policeman. He did say he hid in the jungle.

What happened to Sean's motorbike? I did read he was desperate to sell it.

“We also discovered one of them had a mobile phone of one of the victims and the motorbikes they used that night.”

I don't know about Sean's motorbike but I think that article might have been interpreted wrongly by the person making that comment claiming that the bike had been stolen from the victims? To me that says they (the police) found the bike the Burmese used that night. Can't see mention of a bike being stolen from victims?

Edited by bunglebag

so how does the DNA match?

That Sir, is what most people want to know. Along with, was it tampered with in any way?

How will we ever get an answer? An independent check of source DNA.

Will we ever get it?

Hmm, I never thought it could happen, but is that a chink,of light I see? Far in the distance......

I hope so, not said much on TV before but really feel there is something wrong with this case and having lived here for a while - and Thai wife - we both feel this is wrong.

I can really feel some sort of momentum here but what I cannot fathom is how this can now go backwards - the ultimate loss of face! I mean the PM has rubber stamped this, it's global, social in every way - which is what I think they didn't count on and for my 2 pence is what has caught them with the proverbial pants down!

I do hope someone with what would need to be HUGE balls can face this, admit there was

not the right process, expertise and procedure and go back to square one and do it properly, the international way and transparently - for the sakes of those beautiful people who have already given their short lives to some coward.

RIP

• Like 1