Sim Cards

NE1

Okay , I have 2 phones , one with a normal size sim card and the other phone uses a micro sim.

Is it possible to have all my information transfered from the normal size sim to the micro sim ,

yet still use both cards in their respective phones .

Yes but you will need a micro to regular SIM adaptor - or cut one yourself using a SIM cutter and an old SIM card.

Then on the phone with the regular SIM, copy all contacts on the SIM to the phone memory. Switch SIM cards and copy back from the phone memory to the micro SIM.

There are other ways too but that is probably the simplest.

Both cards are identical, except for the plastic package size.

SIM cards hold encrypted subscriber and network connectivity information that informs and allows the device it is inserted to how to access the mobile network. This information cannot be copied to another SIM card. SIM cards can also hold Contact and SMS Text transactions.

Plastic adapters are available that allow use of a NanoSIM in a MicroSIM slot reader, or a NanoSIM or MicroSIM into a MiniSIM slot reader. Care must be taken when inserting or removing using a card adapter as the smaller SIM may become dislodged from the adapter and damage the slot reader.

Once the SIM card is inserted, the Contacts or SMS Text messages can be read and stored on the device, then swapping the SIM, the Contacts can be written back out to the SIM.

I got a new Smart phone which is smarter than me. I took both phones (new/old) to D-tac shop/office in Big C (Pattaya Tai) & the operative did everything necessary for free. I had to show him my Thai DL to prove I was who my phone said I was.