Koh Tao murder report: Prosecutors seek changes

webfact

Why no mention today that the suspects have recanted their confessions

and claimed to have had them beaten out of them by the police?

Already mentioned many times on this forum,

but probably a decision of their lawyer to defend them.

They confirmed to their lawyer that they did it though...

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is witnessed evidence to support they were at the crime scene ... so then how come it seems that the two have no inkling as to who might have done it?

Really there was more than the one witness who wasn't there ? So is this a new guy they have pulled in from the jungle ?

You do know the so called witness has said he was home in bed by 1am.

BTY Crab, where are you from, cause I often think we need a pancake seller to help us understand your posts

The witness has retracted his statement that had confirmed they were still on the beach at the time of the murders. We only have evidence that they went there just after 11pm from the CCTV and that they drank a couple of beers, smoked a couple of butts and sang Rakhine dialect songs from that time. BUT we there is no evidence that they were still on the beach at the time of the crimes which was at least 4 hours later after 3am. We don't know what time they left the beach and went to bed. The witness now says he woke up the next morning and found his friends uninjured and quite normal as if nothing had happened.

How about the two mens sperm that matched their DNA , the hour is irrelevant .

Was the interrogation taped?

Even if it wan't, the two suspects readily admit their guilt so it would not be difficult to have them explain themselves to a Native speaker/interpreter.
I could get you to 'readily admit' any darned thing. Just come on over to my house, sit on a wooden seat with your chestnuts hanging down, and let me mess around with two wires coming out of a wall socket.

Please keep your fantasies about roasting my chestnutz locked up in your brain.

No doubt there are many here at TV who would find such things exciting; however, I am not one of them.

Gracias

Sperm found on the outside of condoms? facepalm.gif

Maybe someone put the condom on inside-out. It was dark after all!

Condoms sometimes come off in the vagina , it might have remained their during the double rape , to be found afterwards with their DNA on the outside .

Yeh!! but they have stated that they violated/raped her without using condoms.

They didn't mean to kill them either when they bludgeoned them with the hoe - I guess high testosterone and adrenaline levels made them smash them to pulp when they only meant to pacify them before committing the rape (without condoms).

There is witnessed evidence to support they were at the crime scene ... so then how come it seems that the two have no inkling as to who might have done it?

Really there was more than the one witness who wasn't there ? So is this a new guy they have pulled in from the jungle ?

You do know the so called witness has said he was home in bed by 1am.

BTY Crab, where are you from, cause I often think we need a pancake seller to help us understand your posts

The witness has retracted his statement that had confirmed they were still on the beach at the time of the murders. We only have evidence that they went there just after 11pm from the CCTV and that they drank a couple of beers, smoked a couple of butts and sang Rakhine dialect songs from that time. BUT we there is no evidence that they were still on the beach at the time of the crimes which was at least 4 hours later after 3am. We don't know what time they left the beach and went to bed. The witness now says he woke up the next morning and found his friends uninjured and quite normal as if nothing had happened.

How about the two mens sperm that matched their DNA , the hour is irrelevant .

The police claim the sperm matched. How can they be trusted?

Typo edited

Edited by sweatalot

Although i Absolutely do not believe these two acted alone.

I would like to believe that these young boys were not involved at all.

Still, people should prepare themselves for the fact that the boys may be in part responsible for some sections of the crime.

That is why i will not contribute to a fund defending them.

Though i would contribute to a fund to pay a private person to investigate the truth of what happened. Namely how david died, since it is not possible for him to have been hit with a hoe. As it had not David dna. And who used the condom, . And the sequence of events how it happened. And who are the other culprits.

"...that these young boys were not involved at all."

Why is it that some posters continue to distort the reports about this case? The accused are not "young boys", they are fully grown adult men.

• Like 1

Sperm found on the outside of condoms? facepalm.gif

Maybe someone put the condom on inside-out. It was dark after all!

Condoms sometimes come off in the vagina , it might have remained their during the double rape , to be found afterwards with their DNA on the outside .

Yeh!! but they have stated that they violated/raped her without using condoms.

They didn't mean to kill them either when they bludgeoned them with the hoe - I guess high testosterone and adrenaline levels made them smash them to pulp when they only meant to pacify them before committing the rape (without condoms).

did you have hand in writing the 850 page RTP report the prosecutor is knocking back ?

with the correct torture method, you can get somebody to confess to being the queen of Sheba, or Elton John's love child....whistling.gif

The fact is if torture is proved, the confessions don't mean anything

not sure, what everyone is waffling about those two clowns.

- they repeatedly confessed to the crime

- they confessed to their lawyer having raped the victim

- they were at the crime scene around the time (they said so, 3rd man=friend said so, know when they came back)

- if anything, then the CCTV-runner looks like one of them (skinny migrant bar worker)

- they never claimed torture, not even to their lawyer "not treated well" (only their friends believed of torture)

- if anyone, then they blamed the pancake man of mistreating - who then further attended every HumanRights-meeting

- we never saw a single pic of any of their torture-wounds, even though the guardian will have seen them

- newspaper should be the first to publish those torture pics, no ?

is everyone around this case retarded ?

Why do you ask if they are retarded? Simply because they are all advocating for the release of the "likely" brutal murderers of the British couple?

The keyboard CSI:TVF community has concluded, based on the hearsay and 3rd hand evidence of poorly interpreted Coconut news releases that the guilty party must be Thai and some have even made a connection all the way back to the kid who killed the cop in his Ferrari.

This thread is like a lost chapter from a Ken Kesey book.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

Wow a very very interesting report. Nobody saw the kid at uni till the 16th and he had scratches on his arm and neck..... If that's true I don't have words to describe the people from the bottom to the top trying to cover this up. Its just unfathomable... Let's get a journalist to the uni to start investigating these claims to c if anyone can back up this story... Come on you uni students.. Did u see this kid with scratches on his neck and arms. Speak up, its your chance to get rid of the rotten core of this country or at least the start. DNA would be left under Hanna's finger nails. . This needs some very serious looking into....

My missus figures at least ฿ 25 Million has changed hands already and ownership or interests in one or more businesses.

Is she one of the investigators?

BK air would u step forward pls. Place your hand on the bible. Are you prepared to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God.

Was this kid on any of your flights the morning the murders were committed.

If it was him he would have been even more daft to use BK Air, as he would have been caught on multiple CCTV cameras in Samui and Bangkok.

It would be much more likely he got a speedboat to the mainland and drove up to BKK. At that time of day if you really wanted to, you could probably do it in 6 hours door to door.

Not attempting to muddy the waters but these threads are for information seeking.

In another thread a few days ago a mention was made by someone referring to a facebook pic. of this Sour Milk having his Mercedes' tyre repaired near Chumpon. I haven't found anything Re this; does anyone know of this pic. if it exists or not?

Still, people should prepare themselves for the fact that the boys may be in part responsible for some sections of the crime.

Though i would contribute to a fund to pay a private person to investigate the truth of what happened. Namely how david died, since it is not possible for him to have been hit with a hoe. As it had not David dna. And who used the condom, . And the sequence of events how it happened. And who are the other culprits.

"...that these young boys were not involved at all."

Why is it that some posters continue to distort the reports about this case? The accused are not "young boys", they are fully grown adult men.

Unlike many of the members on this forum!!!

• Like 1

They might know but are too afraid to say anything.

Who do they work for? Who tells them what to do?

You're suggesting right now what's foremost on their minds is returning to their bus boy jobs?

"However, both suspects insisted [to me] that they had committed the crimes," said the human-rights commissioner.

Just asking but..........does that statement not sound really strange to you ? I mean insisted ? blink.png

These two young suspects have had more support than I would have thought possible, and maybe more than they deserve. I hope they will provide the truth as to what happened, but I suspect that either they were too drunk at the time, or they are simply scared to tell the truth and implicate the true murderer. Who ever committed the murder probably made sure that the two suspects too drunk to be able to remember what really happened in any detail so they would never be able to provide effective testimony against anyone. The suspects were probably handy for obtaining DNA for the crime scene, but were probably too drunk to be able to clearly explain what really happened.

Why no mention today that the suspects have recanted their confessions

and claimed to have had them beaten out of them by the police?

Already mentioned many times on this forum,

but probably a decision of their lawyer to defend them.

They confirmed to their lawyer that they did it though...

It's all getting a bit confusing, but I think I read that they insisted they did it to a UN Human Rights commissioner. The report from their lawyer was supposedly that they recanted.

At least that's my current understanding.

Why can I not find it in me to believe these people... oh I remember... it was just one very small word !!!!!

When asked if he had told the police if he was happy with their work the British Ambassador said NO.

This after being quoted by those he was suppossed to have talked to had said he was very happy and told them YES.

So if they can get the words yes and no mixed up so easy then they really cant be trusted to open their mouths even to breath.

You have no understanding of Thai public relations. Don't you know that YES and NO are same, same, but different, depending on which interpretation suits their purpose at the time?

• Like 1

BK air would u step forward pls. Place your hand on the bible. Are you prepared to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God.

Was this kid on any of your flights the morning the murders were committed.

"BK air would u step forward pls. Place your hand on the bible. Are you prepared to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God."

Think you've got the wrong country, this is Thailand, "the bible" doesn't carry any weight here..

It is not clear to me who actually represents the two accused migrant workers that are from a third country nation which may or may not be Myanmar. I read reports that their lawyer states the two suspects had recanted their confessions, then I read this statement from a "Human Rights Group" stating that the accused are insisting that they did commit the crimes... I guess that some of the "Human Rights Group" folks as well as the migrant workers' country's embassy, which may or may not be Burma, might not have the interests of the accused at heart.

• Like 1

WARNING - HEARSAY post.

So, this is what the CSI guys have been hearing from folks on the island, please don't bite my head off for posting rumours, but in the absence of cold hard facts I think its interesting at least to hear what people who are scared to speak publicly are willing to whisper in secret, make of it what you will.

Sean was indeed tight with Nomsod and family - he worked in their bar, we all know that much.

People have alleged that both Sean and Nomsod are known to gangbang tourists, sometimes using date-rape drugs. Nomsod's English is not so good so Sean was a good middle man, as someone put it.

We also know that Sean has a sexual offence in his past. I SAY AGAIN - I'm posting what I hear, if you DON"T LIKE IT then skip my post.

Also, Sean is still alive because he uploaded a song to his Soundcloud page 4 days ago. I have already sent him a message asking him to speak out

It is hearsay but much of the police story is speculative too, so much so that the prosecutors knocked back the file, rather than risk being red faced in court.

There is something very dodgy about Sean. A competent law enforcement jurisdiction would not have let him leave the country. The case will certainly be incomplete without a thorough investigation of his background on the island and possible role. Even if he had no role on the night, it is possible that he had been involved in shenanigans involving tourist girls and Fresh Milk, Mon, himself et al which could have lead him to put together a reasonable mosaic of what might have happened. Perhaps he doesn't want to talk, if he was involved in either setting up date rapes for others or participating in them.

The thing about Sean is that he was covered in blood " from an accident". Initially that made him a suspect but it was later ruled that the blood was not from the victims and he was ruled out as a suspect. But I never read in any news report that it was his own blood. Something that I think it would have been natural to say, if indeed it was the case.

So who's blood was it?

"However, both suspects insisted [to me] that they had committed the crimes," said the human-rights commissioner.

Just asking but..........does that statement not sound really strange to you ? I mean insisted ? blink.png

These two young suspects have had more support than I would have thought possible, and maybe more than they deserve. I hope they will provide the truth as to what happened, but I suspect that either they were too drunk at the time, or they are simply scared to tell the truth and implicate the true murderer. Who ever committed the murder probably made sure that the two suspects too drunk to be able to remember what really happened in any detail so they would never be able to provide effective testimony against anyone. The suspects were probably handy for obtaining DNA for the crime scene, but were probably too drunk to be able to clearly explain what really happened.

Wait, they are too scared to tell the truth?

They are quite likely facing the death penalty if they are found guilty.

What do you think might have them more frightened than that?

I've got to wonder what's in 850 pages if there isn't enough "crucial information?"

When I wrote reports, it was limited to crucial information. Yep. 100% crucial, or it does not get included.

Anything else would be, like many of the posts in this thread, what's commonly referred to as "superfluous."

• Like 1

What I'd like to know is where us the British government in all of this?

Hey I'm of the opinion that these guys did it but you guys in the camp of they are innocent and have the Facebook campaign going and amnesty intl etc can anybody provide any statement made on behalf of British government?

This only thing I have seen is where watching events closely.

Does the silence means they are in support of the police or they have no balls to speak out?

Seems strange to me considering the campaigns going on

The news reports covering repatriation of the bodies stated that Britain would conduct an inquest into the murder on 6 Jan 15. I don't know what the inquest will involve, but that is what was reported.