US Ebola patient Thomas Duncan dies in hospital

webfact

Governor Dan Malloy has declared a Public Health Emergency in Connecticut, authorizing the "isolation of any individual reasonably believed to have been exposed to the Ebola virus."

the State of Public Health Emergency allows bureaucrats to detain and force-vaccinate people.

If there is a major Ebola pandemic in America, the normal liberties and the freedoms would be gone. The state of public health emergency will remain in effect indefinitely until lifted by the governor.

http://www.governor.ct.gov/malloy/lib/malloy/2014.10.07_Declaration_of_Public_Health_Emergency.pdf

I thought the vaccination was in extremely limited supply. I heard they didn't even provide any to the dead Duncan guy.

Or am I mistaken?

As for this article, I am pretty certain that such authority already exists to forcibly isolate people. Its not so much a loss of liberty and freedom as it is a protection of liberty and freedom for the majority who aren't infected.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Governor Dan Malloy has declared a Public Health Emergency in Connecticut, authorizing the "isolation of any individual reasonably believed to have been exposed to the Ebola virus."

the State of Public Health Emergency allows bureaucrats to detain and force-vaccinate people.

If there is a major Ebola pandemic in America, the normal liberties and the freedoms would be gone. The state of public health emergency will remain in effect indefinitely until lifted by the governor.

http://www.governor.ct.gov/malloy/lib/malloy/2014.10.07_Declaration_of_Public_Health_Emergency.pdf

I thought the vaccination was in extremely limited supply. I heard they didn't even provide any to the dead Duncan guy.

Or am I mistaken?

As for this article, I am pretty certain that such authority already exists to forcibly isolate people. Its not so much a loss of liberty and freedom as it is a protection of liberty and freedom for the majority who aren't infected.

That's not an article? blink.png That's a copy of the governors public health emergency decree.

Regarding your comment about the authority which may already exist to isolate people it seems evident that the extra powers afforded to the Governors under the model State Emergency Health Powers Act caused the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons to warn that the legislation “could turn governors into dictators,” . And constitutional lawyer Phyllis Schlafly labeled it “an unprecedented assault on the constitutional rights of the American people.”

Well, I for one, am happy to live in Thailand, as it is the hub of vaccines and according to the news has created their very own vaccine for Ebola. So we don't have to worry, anybody believe this?

sorry no.

" The “breakthrough”, it was explained, were antibodies small enough to enter infected cells and access virus proteins within them, making a cure derived from it more effective. The media briefing was told that as yet no laboratory trials of the treatment had been carried out on live Ebola virus, or clinical trials performed on primates or humans."

Or am I mistaken?

That's not an article? blink.png That's a copy of the governors public health emergency decree.

Regarding your comment about the authority which may already exist to isolate people it seems evident that the extra powers afforded to the Governors under the model State Emergency Health Powers Act caused the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons to warn that the legislation could turn governors into dictators, . And constitutional lawyer Phyllis Schlafly labeled it an unprecedented assault on the constitutional rights of the American people.

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the legal definition of "article".

;-)

Edited by ClutchClark

surely this is scandalous? ermm.gif How long are the American citizens going to keep tolerating this kind of misinformation from this administration?

*OBAMA REITERATES CHANCE OF EBOLA OUTBREAK IN U.S. EXTREMELY LOW

versus

"The nightmare scenario, I think, is right around the corner." Marine Corps Gen. John F. Kelly, center, commander of U.S. Southern Command

http://news.usni.org/2014/10/07/southcom-commander-ebola-outbreak-central-america-haiti-nightmare-scenario

Do you even bother to read what you cite. For this one, you needed only read the headline to understand the General was talking about outbreak potential in Africa and Central America and never contradicted what Obama said about risk of outbreak in America being extremely low.

You do realize that when one says "Central America" they are not referring to Kansas, Dorothy or Toto. They are generally referring to areas between Mexico and South America.

I dislike Obama.. The news, media and politicians tell us daily that Obama is untrustworthy so you don' have to intentionally misquote articles to convince Americans to be skeptical regarding Obama statements.

Your level of dishonest surpasses that of Obama who at times simply seems indecessive, scared to act or do the wrong thing.

From what you have written here ( in your predictable and monotonous attack style) makes it so much easier for me to understand why the inherent dangers in the financial system would not be readily apparent to you? sad.png

Haha, kind of got me on this one. Still tenuous. Not worried about Hatians getting here . . . Guatamemalans face an entirely difficult obstacle.

Mexican cartel do not like Guatemalans. Most mass graves turning in Mexico are full of Guatemalans. While coyotes help some cross, a large number pay and still wind up dead, dismembered, locked in back of abondinned trucks and etc.

Cartels will stop helping them cross and will start taking them out if a bunch of sickies try and cross through Mexico.

Lol, no reason to panick yet. Things will be fine here. God help those in the impaced areas.

Taking wife and 3 year old to Disney World tomorrow and off to Cocoa Beach and Sebastian Inlet to surf swell from TS Fay. Life is too good to focus on and fret about negative things that haven't happened and may never happen.

When I was a little kid we couldn't go to school unless we had certain vaccinations. forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think the core ones were polio and smallpox. I don't remember what else. Later the school gave us the booster shots if needed. If our parents wouldn't sign a release for that we couldn't go to school.

Catch 22 was that if we didn't go to school we were and our parents were guilty of a crime called truancy

Nazis? I don't think so. I had friends my age who'd had polio. I still have those friends.

When I was a little kid we couldn't go to school unless we had certain vaccinations. forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think the core ones were polio and smallpox. I don't remember what else. Later the school gave us the booster shots if needed. If our parents wouldn't sign a release for that we couldn't go to school.

Catch 22 was that if we didn't go to school we were and our parents were guilty of a crime called truancy

Nazis? I don't think so. I had friends my age who'd had polio. I still have those friends.

Exactly. There are young parents today who refuse to allow their children to get vaccinations.

Citing the argument between "Public Good" vs "The rights of the Individual".

They are too young to know the disfigurements caused by polio but I wonder if they would protest quite so loudly when faced with the very real and immediate fear of their child being exposed to ebola?

Dating yourself. Weren't the last small pox vaccinations in the early 70s? I probably got it also. Damn oppressive conditions here I tell you. Just plain pitiful what we have to deal with!!!

Exactly. There are young parents today who refuse to allow their children to get vaccinations.

They are too young to know the disfigurements caused by polio but I wonder if they would protest quite so loudly when faced with the very real and immediate fear of their child being exposed to ebola?

We handle some of the Gardasil reaction cases. Sad, sad stuff. I was very hesitant to let my girls who are now 17 and 18 get it, but all is well with them. Some poor young girls just straight up had their lives ruined by reactions to Garasil.

Actually more concerned about Enterovirus D-68 now than Ebola. Not for me, but my 3 year old. That virus has a pretty nasty potential for small children.

Edited by F430murci

surely this is scandalous? ermm.gif How long are the American citizens going to keep tolerating this kind of misinformation from this administration?

versus

"The nightmare scenario, I think, is right around the corner." Marine Corps Gen. John F. Kelly, center, commander of U.S. Southern Command

http://news.usni.org/2014/10/07/southcom-commander-ebola-outbreak-central-america-haiti-nightmare-scenario

obama is quibbling with words as usual... Technically an 'Outbreak' is a mini epidemic ... several patients - usually in one area... others mean the appearance of a case as in Duncan's in Dallas... obama and his minions play the word game and use it for a backstop and comeback for critics who say 'gotcha' ... typical.

We handle some of the Gardasil reaction cases. Sad, sad stuff. I was very hesitant to let my girls who are now 17 and 18 get it, but all is well with them. Some poor young girls just straight up had their lives ruined by reactions to Garasil.

Actually more concerned about Enterovirus D-68 now than Ebola. Not for me, but my 3 year old. That virus has a pretty nasty potential for small children.

I wasn't aware of anything you have just mentioned. Time for some research.

Enjoy your weekend holiday with family.

• Like 1

versus

obama is quibbling with words as usual... Technically an 'Outbreak' is a mini epidemic ... several patients - usually in one area... others mean the appearance of a case as in Duncan's in Dallas... obama and his minions play the word game and use it for a backstop and comeback for critics who say 'gotcha' ... typical.

Negative, negative, negative! Letting Obama occupy a lot of space in your head. Do you ever have positive or happy thoughts? Lol, it's gonna be alright man, at least for you safely tucked away in the great state of Kentucky.

Dating yourself. Weren't the last small pox vaccinations in the early 70s? I probably got it also. Damn oppressive conditions here I tell you. Just plain pitiful what we have to deal with!!!

Yep. There was girl in our high school who was in a wheelchair due to polio. To this day I have a good friend with a shriveled leg and a limp. The good news for him is that he's a great guy, very well liked and got rich in business. The way he conducts himself you'd never think of him as "crippled." He just has a slight limp but if you see his leg you realize the value of those vaccinations.

• Like 1

Or am I mistaken?

One can only hope a set of reasonable public health laws would not be abused by being used to control the populace for other reasons.... A lot of American people fear that.. And in the political climate we have in America today that fear is understandable.

Also - I am not sure a vaccine as such has been used -- I think it an experimental anti-viral drug that is expensive and in short supply and whether it works or not is in debate

Edited by JDGRUEN

Yep. There was girl in our high school who was in a wheelchair due to polio. To this day I have a good friend with a shriveled leg and a limp. The good news for him is that he's a great guy, very well liked and got rich in business. The way he conducts himself you'd never think of him as "crippled." He just has a slight limp but if you see his leg you realize the value of those vaccinations.

FDR... A most famous case of polio.

I wasn't aware of anything you have just mentioned. Time for some research.

Enjoy your weekend holiday with family.

Thank you! Cannot wait to see the expression on my 3 year old's face when she gets to the park. Gotta live the magic in a child's eyes seeing Disney for the first time. You have a great weekend also!

Yep, we are truly fortunate to have eradicated or dispensed with a lot if those diseases or issue for our children.

Didn't smallpox show up recently or I am just thinking about the vials found in June if this year? Smallpox was a bad one.

Or am I mistaken?

One can only hope a set of reasonable public health laws would not be abused by being used to control the populace for other reasons.... A lot of American people fear that.. And in the political climate we have in America today that fear is understandable.

Also - I am not sure a vaccine as such has been used -- I think it an experimental anti-viral drug that is expensive and in short supply and whether it works or not is in debate

Whatcha figurin'?

Holder and Obama are planning to round up all the Republicans before the next election and send them to camps?

;-)

Canada advises citizens to leave Ebola-hit countries

Agence France-Presse
Posted at 10/11/2014 10:05 AM | Updated as of 10/11/2014 10:05 AM

OTTAWA - The Canadian government advised its citizens Friday to leave the West African countries hardest hit by Ebola, while taking measures at its own borders to screen for potentially exposed travelers.

"We are asking Canadians living in Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia to consider leaving by commercial means while they are still available," Health Minister Rona Ambrose said.

The minister also said that anyone traveling to Canada from the countries affected by the epidemic will be screened at airports.

Ambrose stressed that "the risk to Canadians here at home is very low," but said, as a precaution, quarantine officers will check those who may have been exposed to the hemorrhagic virus for fever and "determine whether additional public health measures are required."

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/world/10/11/14/canada-advises-citizens-leave-ebola-hit-countries

****************************************************************************************************************************

Officials Admit a ‘Defeat’ by Ebola in Sierra Leone

FREETOWN, Sierra Leone — Acknowledging a major “defeat” in the fight against Ebola, international health officials battling the epidemic in Sierra Leone approved plans on Friday to help families tend to patients at home, recognizing that they are overwhelmed and have little chance of getting enough treatment beds in place quickly to meet the surging need.

The decision signifies a significant shift in the struggle against the rampaging disease. Officials said they would begin distributing painkillers, rehydrating solution and gloves to hundreds of Ebola-afflicted households in Sierra Leone, contending that the aid arriving here was not fast or extensive enough to keep up with an outbreak that doubles in size every month or so.

“It’s basically admitting defeat,” said Dr. Peter H. Kilmarx, the leader of the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s team in Sierra Leone, adding that it was “now national policy that we should take care of these people at home.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/11/world/africa/officials-admit-a-defeat-by-ebola-in-sierra-leone.html?referrer=&_r=1

Edited by JDGRUEN

58% Of Americans Want Flights Banned From Ebola Countries: Exclusive New Data From NBC News And SurveyMonkey

PALO ALTO, Calif., Oct. 9, 2014 /Nassau News Live/

Fifty-eight percent of Americans support banning all flights to the United States from countries experiencing an Ebola outbreak, according to an exclusive new NBC News scientific survey conducted online by SurveyMonkey.

http://www.nassaunewslive.com/58-of-americans-want-flights-banned-from-ebola-countries-exclusive-new-data-from-nbc-news-and-surveymonkey/180549

Of course the answer is not banning flights - a concept easily deflected by the obama Administration.. Rather stopping issuance of Visas to residents of Ebola Stricken Countries is the answer ... That way accessed is controlled no matter what airline and what intermediate route is taken. But that won't be done either... it is too logical and it would hurt the feelings of obama's cousins.

• Like 1

Probably a false alarm - but the false alarms will keep popping up - until one isn't false...

Ebola in Brooklyn? Teen hospitalized after showing symptoms of fatal virus following trip to Sudan - and he LIED to officials about being sick so he could fly home

• A 14-year-old boy was admitted to a hospital in Brooklyn, New York, showing signs of what could be Ebola
  • The boy had just returned to the country this week after spending time in Sudan
  • He was sick in Sudan and hospitalized, but lied to get back into the country

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2788995/ebola-brooklyn-teen-rushed-hospital-showing-symptoms-deadly-virus-following-trip-sudan-lied-officials-sick-fly-home.html

I am not a big fan of things like banning flights, but with such a deadly virus it might be warranted. If I were an airline, I would want to think twice about landing in those countries and exposing the crew to possible contamination.

We do need to be aware that if flights are banned, a high level of vigilance is still necessary since the disease doesn't recognize borders and people, like the kid from Sudan, may lie about exposure.

I am not a big fan of things like banning flights, but with such a deadly virus it might be warranted. If I were an airline, I would want to think twice about landing in those countries and exposing the crew to possible contamination.

We do need to be aware that if flights are banned, a high level of vigilance is still necessary since the disease doesn't recognize borders and people, like the kid from Sudan, may lie about exposure.

I agree... and as we have all learned coming in and going out of Thailand... the Passport and Visa, Issuing country, etc. It has all our history ... where we went - how long we stayed before coming back - and how many times we have done it...

The I/Os know our entire travel history regardless of the route we take to get to Bkk... So - It is easy to understand this is where America has to control who comes and goes. Visitors from West African Ebola Stricken countries show up - can't miss it...

But the so called American government pretends it doesn't know what passports and visas were invented for - it seems.

• Like 1

Well, I for one, am happy to live in Thailand, as it is the hub of vaccines and according to the news has created their very own vaccine for Ebola. So we don't have to worry, anybody believe this?

Not me, I don't believe a word of it.

The flu season is just around the corner as well.

Screening people who have raised temperatures, etc won't help if someone has a cold or influenza.

Negating flu season and that people get air sick, I still have not heard whether ingestion of a common fever reducer would also supress temperatures.

Nevertheless, I am for stopping easy migration of Africans regardless of Ebola for economic and social reasons. Educated and productive people from other countries and ethnic backgrounds are commonly prohibited from entry yet we let uneducated, broke, scammers with ties to Islam enter from Africa and create a burden on our social economic system.

RE: Ebola fears

Currently, some are operating from a place of fear predicated solely upon "what ifs."

What if Ebola is never brought under control in Africa? What if all the African sickies get plane tickets and show up in US or Central America? What if an outbreak occurs in Central America? What if outbreaks that may or may not happen in others countries cause everyone to flee toward the US? What if the sickies find strength to walk across the desert and make it into the US? What if US or Mexico does nothing about it? What if a few sickies make it in and US can not deal with it?

Seriously, what if the sky fell today? What if Aliens decided today was a good day to attack because every is focused in Ebola and not an alien invasion.

Difference between healthily fear, panic and outright obsession. One case in US and 1 in Spain and we are already doomed and unable to stop it.

Edited by F430murci