Lets put a stop to corruption at Phuket Town Immigration office!

agogohome

Dream on

I am going to let you into a little secret

It not just Phuket immigration who are like this but the whole establishment in Thailand

From the top until the bottom ...

It also once pissed me off but I just learned to go with the flow as it's better for my blood pressure

• Like 2

as soon as someone with a camera get this on tape it will stop for a while, why don't you record it yourself? wink.png

Because there are signs saying no photography! Ever noticed the lack of CCTV cameras (in the Phuket office)? The police are always asking business and house owners to install them, yet they don't on their own premises. LOL

Dream on

I am going to let you into a little secret

It not just Phuket immigration who are like this but the whole establishment in Thailand

From the top until the bottom ...

It also once pissed me off but I just learned to go with the flow as it's better for my blood pressure

I'm aware of that! .... I've never paid a single penny in the 17 years I've lived here, and if everyone else refused to, the whole issue would go away.

Have you ever asked for a receipt? If you do you might be surprised with the result. Just thinking.

hard to argue when they ask you if you want it or not even the volunteers nowadays say that proof of residence cost you 300-500 baht..

Have you ever asked for a receipt? If you do you might be surprised with the result. Just thinking.

hard to argue when they ask you if you want it or not even the volunteers nowadays say that proof of residence cost you 300-500 baht..

Yes, but they know it should be free. They also know that Patong are charging some people for 90 day reports.

• Like 1

as soon as someone with a camera get this on tape it will stop for a while, why don't you record it yourself? wink.png

Because there are signs saying no photography! Ever noticed the lack of CCTV cameras (in the Phuket office)? The police are always asking business and house owners to install them, yet they don't on their own premises. LOL

make sure they dont know who you are or you won't need their services ever again
  • Like 1

Well done agogohome!!

Phuket Gazette article:

“I can categorically say that there is no fee for this service,” chief of the Phuket Immigration Office Col Sunchai Chokkajaykij told the Gazette.

http://www.thephuketforum.net/General-News-13/Phuket-Immigration-denies-allegations-foreigners-must-pay-for-services-37149-n.html

I'm going on Monday for a FREE address certificate and I'm taking a printout of this Phuket Gazette page with me.

• Like 1

Well done agogohome!!

Phuket Gazette article:

“I can categorically say that there is no fee for this service,” chief of the Phuket Immigration Office Col Sunchai Chokkajaykij told the Gazette.

http://www.thephuketforum.net/General-News-13/Phuket-Immigration-denies-allegations-foreigners-must-pay-for-services-37149-n.html

I'm going on Monday for a FREE address certificate and I'm taking a printout of this Phuket Gazette page with me.

Hahah try it first without showing the printout and see if it works..=)

Best of luck. In-their-face declarations is really not a very good idea. A more subtle approach is my advice.

I somehow think more subtle ways is not going to happen if the old marks predict the future. We'll see a hidden or not so hidden camera footage on youtube later on :)

Then again, the boldness of JBKK will benefit us all in the long run.

Not only that, but be sure that if immigration finds out what foreigner did the videotaping, that foreigner can expect very difficult times doing anything involving immigration. And hey can also expect to be charged with defamation and violation of the computer crimes act. It would have to be done by a tourist that never plans to come to Thailand again.

Not only that, but be sure that if immigration finds out what foreigner did the videotaping, that foreigner can expect very difficult times doing anything involving immigration. And hey can also expect to be charged with defamation and violation of the computer crimes act. It would have to be done by a tourist that never plans to come to Thailand again.

"It would have to be done by a tourist that never plans to come to Thailand again." - why? JSBKK, or anyone else for that matter, can go undercover, to expose this extortion.

Key ring cameras, ring cameras, watch cameras etc etc can be bought for cheap. They will film and record well enough to identify those involved, and what is happening, but not well enough for those involved to zoom in on names and passport numbers, should they seek revenge. Take the time and date stamp off it for extra anonymity.

Upload to You Tube from an internet cafe, one without CCTV, email the You Tube link to the Thai Army, PG, Thaivisa, BP, PW, PN etc using an anonymous email address - job done.

There are now two stories running on the Phuket Gazette: http://www.phuketgazette.net/articles/articles/get_article_detail/37174 and http://www.phuketgazette.net/articles/articles/get_article_detail/37149

Please everyone, if you've been charged, leave a comment so the Phuket Gazette can present evidence in the event that allegations continue to be denied.

Edited by agogohome

Also a new story running in PW

Do you have a link to the story? I can't find it.

Please do not post any link to PW on this open forum, thank you.

Forum rule 26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

There are now two stories running on the Phuket Gazette: http://www.phuketgazette.net/articles/articles/get_article_detail/37174 and http://www.phuketgazette.net/articles/articles/get_article_detail/37149

Please everyone, if you've been charged, leave a comment so the Phuket Gazette can present evidence in the event that allegations continue to be denied.

I paid 300 baht for my last Certificate of Residence.

I find his denial in the PG article to be offensive, especially since this has been going of for years, and is not a recent money making scheme.

i have been paying 200 baht for the residency in Phuket for 20 years

be careful about standing ur ground, they can get upset an tell you to leave,

then where will you be??

Its wrong and shouldn't be but.. yea yea yea and if we dont stand up for whats right,.blah blah blah

. but its NOT our country an you can always show ur displeasure by leaving, am sure u'll be missed.

.TOT

Edited by phuketrichard

Today I had the best ever confrontation with Phuket officials. Really, the best day ever! smile.png

I went in, asked for help filling in the forms, got it with a smile from a nice, heavily pregnant woman, and hardly had to wait more than a couple of minutes for my numbers to come up and get served.

The fee was ridiculously low, and I even shared a joke with one of the officials serving me.

This was, of course, NOT the Immigration office. This was the Transport office. Friendly, helpful, efficient people treating everyone the same and with a smile.

Jesus H. Christ! Talk about "chalk and cheese".

I will start a campaign to get all the Immigration bar stewards transferred to the Transport office and vice versa.

So the only downside to this was that they accepted the photocopy of my Address Certificate for my bike registration book update - the original copy of the Address Certificate I used for my pickup registration book update.

This meant that I didn't have to get another one from Immigration. So "tongue.png" to Immigration, you didn't get another 300 baht out of me.

would be nice with some reports on getting a proof of residence in Town and Patong..smile.png

I went on Oct. 16 for the proof, and I got it for free. ;-)

Question is ... were you asked for any money ? I have been asked in the past, but refused, pointing out that certificate attracted no 'fee', and paid nothing.

would be nice with some reports on getting a proof of residence in Town and Patong..smile.png

I went on Oct. 16 for the proof, and I got it for free. ;-)
Question is ... were you asked for any money ? I have been asked in the past, but refused, pointing out that certificate attracted no 'fee', and paid nothing.
Yes I was asked (whispering) for 300, and I asked for a receipt. That ended the discussion. It was at counter 3, the guy with the old-fashioned glasses.