What's with the nasty attitude on this motorcycle forum?

Danhig

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am no longer a biker but I know what you mean... the guy has very few likes for so many posts and can't disagree without being disagreeable. It gets to the point that you hesitate to comment on anything at all.

• Like 2

Only believe what you can see, touch or smell.

I'm still waiting for scratch n sniff magazines to be released. biggrin.png

It shouldn't be taken seriously, it's the internet for goodness sake.

I don't think anybody takes the internet seriously.

But the same as a table of blokes having an evening beer and a chat. If there's an angry kid with an inferiority complex shouting about he's this and that, and this is this and that, everytime somebody talks, they usually end up getting a slap or told to bugger off for interrupting adults when they're talking. biggrin.png

If they're there every night, the blokes usually stop going there.

Edited by Danhig
  • Like 1

This is the problem with anonymity. People tend to say whatever is on their minds knowing there is no consequence. Some people just like to be disagreeable. It's so common they created a word for it.

Please-Don-t-Feed-the-Troll-atsof-573296

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

This is the problem with anonymity. People tend to say whatever is on their minds knowing there is no consequence. Some people just like to be disagreeable. It's so common they created a word for it.

Doesn't seem to be a troll. Just seems to be a loud young know-it-all with a chip on his shoulder and not much experience.

Seems others have noticed too and have been put off posting on the forum because of it.

But hey, whichever. smile.pngthumbsup.gif

There aren't any nasty attitudes on this forum. There are just some very passionate views. Of course there are trolls and baiters (as the OP is a fairly new member, he has not yet been able to identify who these are. Clue - there is at least one such person who has already posted on this thread - some of us even wonder if he actually rides or owns a bike or if he's just for "show").

It is very clear to whom the OP is referring to. All I will say in his defense is that he is a very, very passionate rider. Yes, he may be biased towards Hondas - I've ribbed him about this before as I'm biased towards Kawasaki. However, he is definitely not a troll. Granted, he may seem overly aggressive at time but English is not his first language and his culture is probably very different to yours.

We are participating in a forum. By definition, this means that all views are acceptable, including criticisms, justified or not. As an elderly and mature person, I like to think that my posts are reasonable and constructive - but even then, I've been sent PM's (by I believe a currently suspended member) challenging me to races, fist fights and the like. Best thing to do is you disagree with another member's views are either to rebut or to ignore.

• Like 2

I agree...it makes me think that all the friendly waving is just some sort of insecurity showing itself...

Let me try to understand what you are saying here. Are you suggesting that when bikers wave to each other, they are insecure about themselves and therefore the "wave" is to reassure themselves that they are ??????

Were you somehow or other ill treated by a biker in your early days?

• Like 1

Yes me too.

Since I am 52 years old, I don't really care what other people thinks about me/my choice of bike(s) so I post without remorse and thankfully a fist fight is not possible here, he-he.

You have to realize that bike forum covers the whole spectrum of bikes, from the little work horse: Honda Wave/Dream and up to 1000cc super bikes and all in between.

Many posters are using bikes as a necessity for their daily runs to the market/shops or work and are perhaps not real bike enthusiasts.

Living in Thailand without a little scooter to pot around on must be difficult unless you live in central Bangkok.

You even have a small group here on TV that goes on long distance touring on small Thai scooters, my hat off for them.

It seems that car and bike forums are the worst for bickering at each other, I don't know why.

When I owned a Harley, the negative post I got here was unbelievable man but no matter what the idiots posted they can't take the fact away from me that I enjoyed my 3 years ownership and I went all over Thailand with my wife on it. I only sold it because my son was born and 2up touring days over.

Now I hope to buy a smaller bike one day just for fun and short trips.

I do enjoy my PCX150 for potting around Pattaya, but the fun factor is small but it's there.

Ride safely no matter what you ride and what you posted in the past.wink.png

Peace my brothers on 2 wheels, peace. wai2.gif

I think the problem here is that Harley riders have a reputation of not being very friendly (rightly or wrongly). My personal experience with Harley riders is that they are ok when stopped (say at a petrol station) but when on the road, they ignore other riders - ie they do not reciprocate when waved at by other riders.

Most sport bike riders on the other hand will always make an attempt to acknowledge other riders.

Only believe what you can see, touch or smell.

I'm still waiting for scratch n sniff magazines to be released. biggrin.png

It shouldn't be taken seriously, it's the internet for goodness sake.

I don't think anybody takes the internet seriously.

But the same as a table of blokes having an evening beer and a chat. If there's an angry kid with an inferiority complex shouting about he's this and that, and this is this and that, everytime somebody talks, they usually end up getting a slap or told to bugger off for interrupting adults when they're talking. biggrin.png

If they're there every night, the blokes usually stop going there.

here on thaivisa that angry kid usually gets a holiday or gets simply banned as has happened already a couple of times and most likely going to happen again soon

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 1

I think the problem here is that Harley riders have a reputation of not being very friendly (rightly or wrongly). My personal experience with Harley riders is that they are ok when stopped (say at a petrol station) but when on the road, they ignore other riders - ie they do not reciprocate when waved at by other riders.

Most sport bike riders on the other hand will always make an attempt to acknowledge other riders.

You are right about the waving, when I rode with HOG most of the HD riders didn't wave to non HD riders which I think is arrogant, I always did.

About 50-75% of Harley owners I know are too fanatical towards the Harley brand which I find absurd. One guy I know flatly refuse to ride anything but HD, he-he, so he bought a brand new EVO Street Glide for touring and he has a 2nd hand Dyna for city use, but he is a very nice guy and never drinks more then 4 beers when going out but pestering the air with his cigars.

Most of the HD guys I meet was very nice relaxed guys, many well off, some were party animals but far from all. Then you have this group of bikers that are members of the notorious bike groups (gangs) originating from USA and you can fell under the surface that they are very hard men and you better step carefully when together with them and don't under any circumstances insult their club (badge) or you will have your ass kicked badly. Well I rode with HOG and they are very nice guys and had very little to do with the other groups.

If I buy a big bike again, I know 100% sure it will no be a Harley, too expensive for what you get and there are so many good bikes to be had at a fair price here in LOS.

• Like 1

Yes me too.

Since I am 52 years old, I don't really care what other people thinks about me/my choice of bike(s) so I post without remorse and thankfully a fist fight is not possible here, he-he.

You have to realize that bike forum covers the whole spectrum of bikes, from the little work horse: Honda Wave/Dream and up to 1000cc super bikes and all in between.

Many posters are using bikes as a necessity for their daily runs to the market/shops or work and are perhaps not real bike enthusiasts.

Living in Thailand without a little scooter to pot around on must be difficult unless you live in central Bangkok.

You even have a small group here on TV that goes on long distance touring on small Thai scooters, my hat off for them.

It seems that car and bike forums are the worst for bickering at each other, I don't know why.

When I owned a Harley, the negative post I got here was unbelievable man but no matter what the idiots posted they can't take the fact away from me that I enjoyed my 3 years ownership and I went all over Thailand with my wife on it. I only sold it because my son was born and 2up touring days over.

Now I hope to buy a smaller bike one day just for fun and short trips.

I do enjoy my PCX150 for potting around Pattaya, but the fun factor is small but it's there.

Ride safely no matter what you ride and what you posted in the past.wink.png

Peace my brothers on 2 wheels, peace. wai2.gif

Maybe they are concerned removing a hand will produce a high (555) speed wobble that will take them down? Have you ever tried to upright 300-350 kg of pig iron?

And by the way, I'll wave to any Honda CBR150 or larger...and will reciprocate other bikers' waves.

here on thaivisa that angry kid usually gets a holiday or gets simply banned as has happened already a couple of times

Are banned users allowed back on the forum to continue posting nastily and overly aggressively, having previously been banned for it?

On most forums I read that isn't allowed as it drives people away (pardon the pun :D)

yes, what are all nasty attitude on this forum?

Benelli riders real bikers bc they buy their bikes with their hearts! and owners of cbr650, kawasaki ninja, ducati monster, harley and whatever not 150 hp and mass produced are not exciting! therefore they are not real bikers. cbr650f is 80 hp - so do 90 percent of bikes we ride at this forum - so it is not a real bike and riders riding it are not considered as bikers and cannot talk! etc. but yeah, when you have a 20 years old japanese high cc bike with 100+ hp, you are a real biker! yeah man!laugh.png

So, when we say something against this type of s....hit, does it make us rude and disrespectful to others's ideas? C'mon, you throw these to chickens guys as i am full of these and not stupid really.

if you want to eat this s...hit, just go ahead but i will basically not eat that. not my nature!

well, i am sick of these type of generalizations and classifications so if you find it rude and if i will get lynched just bc i dont bend on this, i am honored to be lynchedsmile.png

So, lets remember the bad attitude:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/601716-benelli-tnt-600-inline-four/page-24#entry8501092

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/601716-benelli-tnt-600-inline-four/page-24#entry8502362

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/601716-benelli-tnt-600-inline-four/?p=8506706

and check this by someone attacking just bc i put a review and post some photo and it is not in his website, he owned or owns a MV Agusta F3 and against his rant!:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/761816-ktm-mv-agusta-test-ride-210914/?p=8423240

and check this attitude by a kid at i believe at an elderly stage.

See how someone just gets angry and attack on someone by kissing ass...es of others.

assuming wrong things about people intentionally and then calls them brat and lacking but of course we called it escapism in psychology. Someone gets jealous and just talk and get angry to doers. normal, no worries you are not the only one, i am ready to accept you as who you are. It does not mean you are a bad person.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/761816-ktm-mv-agusta-test-ride-210914/?p=8423456

yeah, and last, it comes like 'hey it is not your first language' which i found it as a great nonsense and very disrespectful and discriminative towards members here not from a Native speaking country! motorcycles had no languages and here is not a native English speaking club.

and saddest thing is, they call it like 'hey ideas are not respected here' yet they never respect others ideas/efforts/posts/reviews too, funny isnt it?laugh.png

no more Mr. Nice Guy after all these things, sorry. Trying to be nice here and always getting jealous attacks, threatening PMs from people claiming no respect for ideas!

• Like 2

Well I'm not posting cause he keeps moaning because I'm I. The UK at the moment ,oh and I he didn't want my views or opinions in Dave's ride out thread because I wasn't part of the group.

As others have said just stops people posting fegular cause of all the Mr know it all attitude

• Like 1

Well said RSD, opening bashing threads to whine about bashing isnt really helpful. There are some stupid characters here that think they are superior because they have bigger or more expensive bikes or simply beacuse "they ride". And these guys infect many others on the long term with the same virus. We had this before and it will never stop i guess. ll2s attitude has become better, at least a little bit the last months. No real reason to always bash him. There are others who really deserve it.

I disagree with the anonymity of trolls. I have seen some real riders here, sticking together and showing lots of pictures, behave like real trolls. This forum is prone to this as it is open for all kind of bikes and rider types. And this forum has a rare feature called "likes". These likes are a nice thing on facebook. Sadly in a forum they are also misused to bash others. For example if you like a post just because in this post a person you not like gets insulted. Thats a very dangerous function in a forum like this bike forum imo. And i guess its one of the main reason why its so nasty here.

Edited by wantan

yes, what are all nasty attitude on this forum? ........................

No more Mr. Nice Guy after all these things, sorry. Trying to be nice here and always getting jealous attacks, threatening PMs from people claiming no respect for ideas!

I really had no idea as to what poster the OP was referring. Then I read this post (I didn't understand it, but I read it), and I think I now know.

I think that this and the motor subforums are among the best on TV, due mainly to the more "tolerant" moderation and better quality of the posts contained in them (the latter may be a consequence of the former). The members that read and post in this forum are not kids, tend to me more knowledgeable and focused, and should be able to handle criticism, even if when not fully deserved or it is a bit too "in your face". I think that makes reading the forum more enjoyable and entertaining, but it does help to have a thick skin. It also helps to fight back when necessary/appropriate. A little self control on everyone's part wouldn't hurt. So, let the games begin..........!

And anyone that rides a Harley or any Chinese bike in Thailand really needs to have their head examined.... Not jealous/envious of either in the least. wai2.gif

"He didn't want my views or opinions in Dave's ride out thread because I wasn't part of the group. As others have said just stops people posting regular cause of all the Mr know it all attitude "

"Here on thaivisa that angry kid usually gets a holiday or gets simply banned as has happened already a couple of times "

"Rude, insufferable prat that is extremely lacking, yet has no problem
stating absolutes.
Sorry no pass freely given......Respect is not earned by being disrespectful"

"It does stop me from posting as much as I used to"

"Yes me too."

"I too agree. It makes threads off topic and uninteresting."

"I am no longer a biker but I know what you mean... the guy has very few likes for so many posts and can't disagree without being disagreeable. It gets to the point that you hesitate to comment on anything at all."

Okay, thanks for the feedback. Good to know it wasn't just me that noticed the issue. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Danhig

Well said RSD, opening bashing threads to whine about bashing isnt really helpful. There are some stupid characters here that think they are superior because they have bigger or more expensive bikes or simply beacuse "they ride". And these guys infect many others on the long term with the same virus.

Every thread (even this one as well!), you have to show your disdain of big bikes and their riders, throwing BS accusations at them as in thinking they're superior, when in fact, it is often the rider of the smaller bike who has the inferiority complex.

These a**hats will often stalk posters from thread to thread in order to flame them or write useless posts such as a pic of some twit sitting on a scooter with no gear on a thread about wearng proper gear. I mean, there was even some weirdo with a fixation on my dick. Amazing! And just a little disconcerting! See 'geared up' thread.

All simply because they're on a smaller bike, wearing no gear and rarely riding.

Yet they feel it's okay to flame someone who rides regularly, does track days at every opportunity, opens threads with images/info about various bike meets and is a skilled rider.

You can just feel the envy. They have my sympathy.

Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 1