Koh Samui prison chief fears Koh Tao murder suspects may commit suicide

webfact

"I have instructed other inmates to monitor the two Burmese men" - this coming from a prison chief. Not instructing his own men. Or putting more men on the job. But instructing inmates. Since when did the inmates start to work for the prison authorities? Day after day after day, the Thai authorities do nothing but spew stupider and stupider statements. Just when you think it can't get worse, another one comes along and gives a new low. How are we to take anything in Thailand seriously anymore?

Next statement:

"Upon inspection of the shared cell this morning, we are sad to announce that the 2 young suspects had been battered to death in the night. We can only assume the other 58 Bermese inmates turned on them because they had brought discrace to their country"... Nice an tidy!

• Like 1

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for me to sign off, I am angry, and today should not be a day of anger.

Today is a day to say goodbye to Hannah Witheridge.

Love and respect, good wishes to your friends and family.

To Hannah and David and to all the other victims in Thailand, we will not forget and justice will be done.

Goodbye Hannah, you will not be forgotten.

With all respect and im sorry to say

In Thailand she has already been forgotten , move on nothing to see hear , 2 suicides to report soon

Chanin Liangsuwan,chief of Koh Samui District Prison: "They may be feeling guilty for the crime they have done."

How sick is this statement ?

It depends entirely on whether they committed the crime or not.

One more sick statement

Why is this statement sick??

Have you cleared them of the crime??

SS - they haven't been convicted of any crime, so it's not appropriate for the prison chief to say - for the crime they have done...

Correct, but you really need a little intelligence to understand the difference between charged and convicted.

Time for me to sign off, I am angry, and today should not be a day of anger.

Today is a day to say goodbye to Hannah Witheridge.

Love and respect, good wishes to your friends and family.

To Hannah and David and to all the other victims in Thailand, we will not forget and justice will be done.

Goodbye Hannah, you will not be forgotten.

With all respect and im sorry to say

In Thailand she has already been forgotten , move on nothing to see hear , 2 suicides to report soon

But ST

Yes, but they haven't been cleared of the crime - also I was responding to the statement 'it depends on whether they committed the crime or not'. A perfectly justified question is it not??? I didn't mention anything about what the prison authority person said.

I could call you lot sick for trying to clear these two murder suspects!!!

Answer this question. Why is this announcement being made without the concerned parties taking realistic steps to stop them killing themselves?

They have shown themselves to be aware, are monitoring them closely, checking their food, thinking of setting up CCTV to check on them (even when they are sleeping).

What do you want them to do - sit with them whilst they are sitting on the toilet or go to bed with them!!

Yes, that's the point... they are "...thinking of setting up CCTV..." Good grief! anywhere else and they would have been segregation and watched 24/7 with both CCTV and guards from the minute they arrived.

Irrespective of whether these guys are innocent or guilty they deserve due process and they will not get it in Thailand.

• Like 1

But ST

Yes, but they haven't been cleared of the crime - also I was responding to the statement 'it depends on whether they committed the crime or not'. A perfectly justified question is it not??? I didn't mention anything about what the prison authority person said.

I am well aware of the tautology used to justify your response. While I could call you sick for trying to convict these murder suspects, I shall refrain from name-calling as only the court (not you or I) can decide the outcome - providing of course that the two are still alive to attend their hearing.

In case it escapes your mind-set, the majority of posters on here, including me, have grave doubts that this investigation has been carried out in accordance with both the spirit and practice of the law, and are seeking truth and justice above all else.

I don't object to you posting your views, but I do take exception at your constant assertion that only you are correct by trying to undermine others views.

Unbelievable!!!

Let me do this step by step.

Step 1 question - it all depends on whether they committed the murders or not.

Step 2 a poster call this "another sick statement

Step 3 I ask why this statement is sick as it is a reasonable question to ask.

Nothing else, not mentioning the prison employee or what he said, not determining guilt or innocence on any party!!!!

I hope that simplifying the process has enabled you to understand It now!!.

IF they are the murderers of the two young british they deserve no mercy..they are bloody animals....

The idea is that we will never find out once they have been murdered in prison and the case has been abandoned unsolved.

Since when has suicide been murder??

Can you murder yourself and what to do about the trial??

cleaning all the evidence and paving the way for the BIB to save face Disgraceful

Oh Yes, a trial is the last thing that's needed.

+100

You could stick a suit and tie on a soi dog and he will walk into court and destroy this 'evidence' that the police case is based on.

Not even a Thai court can convict these two on this flimsy, hole riddled prosecution.

These two pretty much have to disappear before any trial. If it can even get to court in the first place which is looking increasingly fragile.

When the public prosecutor can't accept 'incomplete' police reports, what he is saying is that hardly any of the evidence has substantial merit. Send it back with evidence 'backed up with facts'.

We all know all the evidence is shaky at best. There is not a single element in their evidence that can stand on its own two feet.

So even in the absence of any court case yet..... how can the police put them in court for a pre-trial hearing? There is NO TRIAL.

I think a Soi dog has a better chance than these poor souls now, it will be a perfect police investigation, I doubt you can get DNA from cremated remains but the remains will probably be lost just to be on the safe side.

IF they are the murderers of the two young british they deserve no mercy..they are bloody animals....

The idea is that we will never find out once they have been murdered in prison and the case has been abandoned unsolved.

Since when has suicide been murder??

Can you murder yourself and what to do about the trial??

I have to say that you are one of the most obstinate, self aggrandising sickos I have ever come across in my life not only on this, but on any forum I have ever visited in my entire 20 years online.

You are clearly refuting everything that 99% of public opinion based on pure logic and a highly dubious police track record are drawing from this whole affair, and the worst part is that you actually seem to think you are the only one who is correct here.

What is it they say about 'a truly mad person is the one who thinks he is sane while everyone else is mad'? That describes you to a tee.

To be quite honest, I really do believe that if you went online in a few days, or a week, or whatever and are presented with a news story declaring these two kids have in fact met their demise.... I can't help but think you will be in your element at the news.

I don't think I will be waiting to here your remarks on that day, because to be quite frank, it would make me want to puke to read your insane comments.

So for that reason, I am adding you to my ignore list and I suggest any other member rubbed up the wrong way by this incessant troll do the same.

The best way to deal with people like this is to follow suit and completely take their audience away.

Don't bother responding... I won't see it.... Thank God!

• Like 1

Ha Ha ah ha ha !

CCTV will get safety when their guards are sleeping !!!!

They have guards employed for sleeping in working time !!

Ha ha ha ha !!

In other countrys guards are fired if they sleep on working time,

you need to watch your guards by CCTV !!!

Between 4pm and 6am next morning, prisoners are together in their cells without being observed by guards or, I believe, CCTV footage of cell activity. It is not a case of guards sleeping but rather not being present at all. Without this private time, prisoners would not be able to charge or use the mobile phones that are smuggled in. Prisoners wishing to bully or victimise other prisoners can do so knowing their actions will not be observed.

the only way to stop them committing "suicide" is to get some independent DNA samples taken from them pronto

then there will be evidence to ascertain their guilt or innocence independently from the trial

Edited by HughJass

cleaning all the evidence and paving the way for the BIB to save face Disgraceful

Oh Yes, a trial is the last thing that's needed.

+100

You could stick a suit and tie on a soi dog and he will walk into court and destroy this 'evidence' that the police case is based on.

Not even a Thai court can convict these two on this flimsy, hole riddled prosecution.

These two pretty much have to disappear before any trial. If it can even get to court in the first place which is looking increasingly fragile.

When the public prosecutor can't accept 'incomplete' police reports, what he is saying is that hardly any of the evidence has substantial merit. Send it back with evidence 'backed up with facts'.

We all know all the evidence is shaky at best. There is not a single element in their evidence that can stand on its own two feet.

So even in the absence of any court case yet..... how can the police put them in court for a pre-trial hearing? There is NO TRIAL.

I think a Soi dog has a better chance than these poor souls now, it will be a perfect police investigation, I doubt you can get DNA from cremated remains but the remains will probably be lost just to be on the safe side.

Considering their lawyers have requested an independent DNA test be done with the help of the British police, I would assume that it has already been taken by the lawyers.

But that aside.... I keep hearing people speculate about their bodies being cremated immediately.

This is not the case, and to do so would contravene international law. They are NOT Thai nationals, there are Burmese and the Thai state can not just cremate them. Their families have to right to have their bodies repatriated back to Myanmar. That is enshrined in international law.

But ST

Answer this question. Why is this announcement being made without the concerned parties taking realistic steps to stop them killing themselves?

They have shown themselves to be aware, are monitoring them closely, checking their food, thinking of setting up CCTV to check on them (even when they are sleeping).

What do you want them to do - sit with them whilst they are sitting on the toilet or go to bed with them!!

Yes, that's the point... they are "...thinking of setting up CCTV..." Good grief! anywhere else and they would have been segregation and watched 24/7 with both CCTV and guards from the minute they arrived.

Irrespective of whether these guys are innocent or guilty they deserve due process and they will not get it in Thailand.

Now, on the topic of CCTV would it be possible to have the missing 2 minutes that shows one or two people walking to the left of screen just before it is cut off, to be released. Yawn.

Bib will hold a press conference to set us all up to the prelude to what the demise is that they have planned for two young men. Bells n whistles at every turn. Can we please see this easy piece of information released. No fan fare required but we promise to publicly thank you for the amazing job you have done in releasing this footage.

They must really think the rest of the World is blessed with an IQ in the low double digits.

I don't think that's it exactly. As big fish in an incredibly small pond (a common syndrome among the various bureaucracies here in LOS), they may have somehow gotten the tragically mistaken impression that they are overly clever. In this case a delusion of the highest magnitude. Were the circumstances not so grim, especially for the individuals in custody, it would actually come across as being downright comical, in typical Thai slapstick fashion. As it stands, there is nothing humorous about this at all. May some divine (or at least benign) force intervene in this situation and do so quickly.

Chanin Liangsuwan,chief of Koh Samui District Prison: "They may be feeling guilty for the crime they have done."

It depends entirely on whether they committed the crime or not.

One more sick statement

Why is this statement sick??

Have you cleared them of the crime??

Wondered when you would rear your ugly head again.... Do never have anything nice to say mate .... Please have some respect for the topic and stop your irritating pokes at posts that are just to annoy people or full of repulsive comments ..

In a word? Very. It reveals some pretty twisted and low level intellect on the part of someone whose position in the public trust demands better. Time to clean house, General.

SS - they haven't been convicted of any crime, so it's not appropriate for the prison chief to say - for the crime they have done...

My friend, no use explaining anything to PsychoactiveSteve he's let say' no longer with us in soul,mind or spirit ..... (NUTTER) ....... cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Really, all this requires is a little cooperation from the UK authorities and a touch of patience. The thing about DNA is that it is incredibly easy to get from somebody.....

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/taking-dna-samples.html

DNA samples can also be taken from the crime scene and found in the most unusual of places. It is also worth noting that DNA samples do not have to be taken from bodily fluids but can be found on the rims of cups, knives and forks, cigarette ends, and any surface that might come into contact with the human form.

Looks like the real suspects are going to have to live pretty sanitised lives not to let that slip into the wrong hands. They can be sure that there will be people out there happy to get an unverified sample. Best off they trust no foreigners....but, hang on, their livelihoods mean they need to be in contact with them all the time. Sure is going to be a paranoid life that they'll lead now!