Koh Samui prison chief fears Koh Tao murder suspects may commit suicide

webfact

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you've been here over 30 + years you do not get surprised at anything. Don't worry thais will do as they always have and do best they can to clean up as in so many many case in last 30+ years I've seen. A friend just here for 1 year seems to think believe this one is different since uk newspapers are so full of it and he even believes nothing like this has happened before. I 99.9999 % guarantee after

assurances of doing better and rest whole thing will die down in a few weeks. Scapegoats will be found

and Thailand will continue as it always has.

Without appearing to be heartless and i feel really sorry for parents but it sickens me all the hands

up in horror about how wrong this is when all around world thousands, tens of thousands and sometimes

millions are slaughtered and all angry posters here dont give a thought or comment on that.

WE who have been here long long time understand but sorry to say stupid tourists come here and think

they are safer than in UK. Its BS here is as safe or safer than UK or most places in west. Would tourists go to cairo and acct so naively.

Grow up and learn and stop being so stupid.

Many many condolences to the parents but dont expect however much you wring your hands a decent outcome

IF so many in UK cant get a decent investigation then how on earth do you expect one here. UK numerous

cover ups for years on vile sexual abuse of minor and rest.

NOt sickened by things here I'm sickened by rasist prejudice amongst most of ops and sickened they dont

even know it .

Please stop all your crap about a single sad incident and ignore whats happening with ISIS and rest

rascism is only thing that explains it

you quote "a single sad incident" and youve been here 30yrs.HOW LONG WAS RIP VAN WINKLE asleep for?

• Like 2

when you've been here over 30 + years you do not get surprised at anything. Don't worry thais will do as they always have and do best they can to clean up as in so many many case in last 30+ years I've seen. A friend just here for 1 year seems to think believe this one is different since uk newspapers are so full of it and he even believes nothing like this has happened before. I 99.9999 % guarantee after

assurances of doing better and rest whole thing will die down in a few weeks. Scapegoats will be found

Without appearing to be heartless and i feel really sorry for parents but it sickens me all the hands

up in horror about how wrong this is when all around world thousands, tens of thousands and sometimes

millions are slaughtered and all angry posters here dont give a thought or comment on that.

WE who have been here long long time understand but sorry to say stupid tourists come here and think

they are safer than in UK. Its BS here is as safe or safer than UK or most places in west. Would tourists go to cairo and acct so naively.

Many many condolences to the parents but dont expect however much you wring your hands a decent outcome

IF so many in UK cant get a decent investigation then how on earth do you expect one here. UK numerous

NOt sickened by things here I'm sickened by rasist prejudice amongst most of ops and sickened they dont

even know it .

Please stop all your crap about a single sad incident and ignore whats happening with ISIS and rest

You can only talk so much on any topic.

I comment on ISIS in ISIS related threads. So do many others.

But the difference, is.... people here are not living in Syria or Iraq. They are living in Thailand, and this has happened to people like themselves irght on their doorstep.

The reason there is a lot of commentary, is plainly because people are predicting 'what happens next' and are amused that it is largely playing out step by step as predicted by many.

That is what people are shouting about.... The corruption surrounding the case being so readable with very little effort to hide anything.

You are simply one of there people who is happy to roam around calling everyone 'racist'. When they are NOT RACIST.

If you want to find a TRUE racist, then just look at your nearest Thai where racism is not only normal.... but actually 100% acceptable.

Please desist from calling unfortunate tourists 'stupid'. You don't even know them. For all YOU know, they could have taken all the precautions under the sun to keep themselves safe.... However, it being a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, as simple as that.... You could meet with your own demise just as easily merely by walking into the wrong restaurant on the wrong night and looking at the wrong Thai as he catches you looking at him..... Then you could be toast within an hour.

30+ years????..... I had this place sussed in months.

Seems to me more like a totally thoughtless drunken rant.

Finally... I suggest your pokes at the UK because of the Labour Council cover ups on child abuse against MUSLIMS.... The reason it was hidden because like MOST councils in the UK, they are TERRIFIED of being labelled as bigoted racists by PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Ready to pull the race card out at every and any opportunity...... You are part of the problem..... hypocrite.

On Face value i see a great deal of Thailand"s Expat community change.

Like exposure to constant violent graphic images as well as sexual choices - they desensitise in some (not all cases).

They seem to feel its a place that you learn how to become a Thai/westerner type.

Its starts at learning the being fleeced phrase and pretty woman exploits that leave them disillusioned - Then the learning Thai and understanding their mindset and customs-

Eventually , that metamorphosis has them concluding they are in some way Thai and therefore defensive about attacks on law enforcement and / or their customs and ways.

They even frequently attack westerners with "key" words like "tourists" - a subconscious trigger to self convince the difference between them and others visiting.

Often they own bars or shops , eateries and rely on the same ""tourists "" they secretly face to face have contempt for, but smile instead.

To a large extent they have become Thai in some ways.

The lack to empathise with their traditional kind.

Blaming the victims- and seeing corruption and crime as normal.

These same people will often overcharge you themselves.

They inhabit websites and profit from protecting and repeating falsehoods and claims.

Sometimes unable to conceal their Contempt.

Sprouting falsehoods-

The most glaring above (for instance ) is safety in Thailand.

A very quick google confirms that (my country) Australia lost more Australians in Thailand than any other country they visit.

Assault and robbery was also far far greater there than here at home.

You are many times more liking to be mugged or injured or killed there (Thailand ) than home.

Figures for Brits reveal this to be the case too.

But people can be forgiven for mistakes.

He may not like to confront home truths - if his new home (or wink wink 30 year home) presents problems to the reader.

But what is unforgivable is the heinous case of David and Hannah and the way its unfolding, yet his presumed "higher than thou"' stance that somehow its a case of us whining .

The barbaric murders in a place people holiday is very relevant.

I said a while back the culprits might be stitched up and killed in Jail.

And most importantly ""NOT Thai"

Many of us thought the same.

We are not fortune tellers or can predict future events.

But here it unfolds just as foretold , because the case is so easy to see its premise to conclusion from the beginning .

"" A thai couldn't have done this""

""DNA bungles ""

""Burmese arrests ""

"Burmese confessions"

"concerns over possible suicides""

""threats to people critical ""

WE don't need some guy who is festering in the tropics with some self delusion he isn't a westerner but a special Thai/westerner a fountain of knowledge all things Thai.

Sure mis- Justices are world wide-

Dubious Cover ups

Even state executions to do so.

But forgive us if we point them out to the people that line their pockets.

So they might decide if they return to Thailand or choose elsewhere.

A superb and concise breakdown, that explains many things I have often wondered about certain long term expats I have come across over the years (not all) but certainly some.

Very well written and easy to understand and more to the point.... very accurate. (for me anyway).

Gold Star post.

The Thais were thrilled when they pinned the killings on a Burmese.

"A Thai would never do that", many Thai people have said. "It's not Thai."

Blah blah blah.

Programed like good little North Koreans.

• Like 2

" other inmates to monitor the two suspects "

Are they serious ?

This does not bode well for the two guys in the prison being held for suspected murder.

These two guys should be fully protected, so they can have their day in front of a judge, whether they be guilty or innocent.

Hello all... I'm helping out the guy who is running the petition (http://goo.gl/FD66Th) to get the UK gov to independently investigate David and Hannah's murders and I need a favour from you wonderful people... The numbers of signees are slowing down somewhat, but we need to keep going - if we reach 100k (currently just over 50k) we can ask for it to be discussed in Parliament.

Anyway trying it tap into new channels outside if what we are currently hitting, so we've just set up a Twitter account - if you have twitter can you pls follow us and give us a share/retweet? Many thanks... We are at: @ThailandJustice

Thank you

UK Parliament would be awesome. Already sent around thumbsup.gif

Hello all... I'm helping out the guy who is running the petition (http://goo.gl/FD66Th) to get the UK gov to independently investigate David and Hannah's murders and I need a favour from you wonderful people... The numbers of signees are slowing down somewhat, but we need to keep going - if we reach 100k (currently just over 50k) we can ask for it to be discussed in Parliament.

Anyway trying it tap into new channels outside if what we are currently hitting, so we've just set up a Twitter account - if you have twitter can you pls follow us and give us a share/retweet? Many thanks... We are at: @ThailandJustice

Thank you

Good job. Regardless of the 100k mark, have you sent it to Hannah or Davids MP's?

• Like 1

With what is currently being circulated on social media reference the double Koh Tao homicides together with the derogatory and abusive comments aimed at both the military administration, RTP and prison authorities, I would not be at all surprised if one or more were closed down. Some of the postings directed towards the heads of police and prisons are quite frankly over the top. It is one thing suspecting corruption it is quite another to prove it and still another to broadcast it. Farang should realise that their continued residence in Thailand is literally in the hands of those who are being criticised. Not a good move I would have thought.

Who the hell wants to live in Thailand after all this shit?

If you continue to support this corrupt and vile country under military rule, you are just supporting them and are a part of the problem!

Thailand has had it's day...

Thailand is DEAD

RIP David and Hannah...

Strangely enough it would seem, many thousands of ex-patriots call Thailand home and are extremely happy to do so.

As there was no previous comment made giving support to the current military administration one has to wonder your motives for raising it. As for Thailand having had its day and being "DEAD", I guess we won't miss you when you leave.

Actually if you want to live happily and safely in Thailand just follow a few simple and logical rules.

1. Honour the King

2.Obey all local laws and respect Thai customs and culture

3. If your ride a motorbike always wear a helmet.

4.If you drive a car wear a seatbelt

5.If you have more than one partner wear a condom

6.Don't do silly things in dangerous places (ie. end up on a deserted beach late at night , drunk, stoned and vulnerable to assault or attack from

anyone

7.Exercise caution , self protection and awareness wherever you are at all times

8.Don't fraternize with illegal or dangerous substances and try not to advertise yourself as a moving target

9. Try to treat everyone else there as you would like to be treated , equally fair and with full respect

95% of Thais live like this and have survived for thousands of years

10. Don't do any business with Thai people.

11. Don't engage Thai people. Especially the smiling ones.

12. If a Thai person abuses you or scams you, let them do it. Bend over. Don't resist or complain.

13. Never trust a Thai Policeman.

14. Avoid tourist sites. Too many scammers.

• Like 2

Thank you

Good job. Regardless of the 100k mark, have you sent it to Hannah or Davids MP's?

I will check with Chris who is running it.. Great idea if he hasn't - thank you

They must really think the rest of the World is blessed with an IQ in the low double digits.

You mean like them?

This would be so convenient for the authorities. Great cover-up for all their cock-ups. Make all the cock-ups go away, nice and simple ...

And OF COURSE the suspects are feeling stressed - they are the victims of what is becoming an international disgrace, patsies to hide the utter incompetence of the Koh Tao Boys in Brown (stuff)

even know it .

I agree with many of your points except that people here are racist.

You certainly not but for many they are racist.
A summary of this whole thing take place in a few words:
- The Thais and their policies are unable to manage this drama.
- They are corrupt from first to last
What other explanation that a sense of racial superiority to explain this arrogance ?
This sad event will appease with a trial that will tell the guilt beyond doubt. Unfortunately the contemptuous image given by these critics unfounded will remain. Thais are masters at home. They say tomorrow that we are free to leave their land without possibility of return if we do not accept their laws and its representatives.
Edited by Hisseho
  • Like 1

The UK Government needs to step in here, but it won't because our once proud and strong country's influence is now little more than a limp lettuce. Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II must be so gratified to be the figurehead of such a diluted and even, dare I say it, insignificant nation.

So, because we (the UK) can't do anything, Amnesty International should be allowed to act in the UK's stead (after all, it is UK victims around which this entire disgusting case revolves).

Each and every one of Thailand's inhabitants should hang their heads in shame in the meantime over the actions of their police and political administrative system which reflects upon ALL Thais, not only the aforementioned miscreants.

Amnesty International should be allowed full access to these Burmese "suspects" in order to protect them from the very Administration (the Thai Junta/Government) which is charged with their safety whilst investigations into this double murder case continue.

It won't happen, of course, I'm just daydreaming of a world which fits in and concurs with my idealistic temperament.

What a cursed mess this is.

And meanwhile, there is an absolute, apparently inviolate, monster still roaming the Land of Smiles. Safe in the knowledge that he can pretty much do whatever he likes with impunity, especially if those on the receiving end are Farang (foreigners).

That's my two-bits.

PS. Thai Visa could earn itself some Brownie Points by actually growing some, for once and sticking its head above the parapet when incidents of such clear injustice such as this occur.

Hang your head in shame, indeed, Thailand.

Hang your head in shame, Thai Visa.

• Like 1

even know it .

I agree with many of your points except that people here are racist.

You certainly not but for many they are racist.

A summary of this whole thing take place in a few words:

- The Thais and their policies are unable to manage this drama.

- They are corrupt from first to last

What other explanation that a sense of racial superiority to explain this arrogance ?

This sad event will appease with a trial that will tell the guilt beyond doubt. Unfortunately the contemptuous image given by these critics unfounded will remain. Thais are masters at home. They say tomorrow that we are free to leave their land without possibility of return if we do not accept their laws and its representatives.

I think there's confusion over the distinction between "Thai people" (like my old Mum) and "the Thai patronage system and hierarchy".

Some folks here are getting a bit confused and it sounds like when we're (me included) getting really stuck in over this we're castigating Thai people, when we're not.

Right now a group of senior lawyers who graduated from one of the top universities in Thailand offer to take this case free of charge for David and Hannah's Family.

The lawyer who wrote to me said "I cried when I saw David and Hannah's photos. I am very sad and feel sympathy for them. I'm not a pro-western, but I just want to help.

A message sent to csi la.

• Like 1

10. Don't do any business with Thai people.

11. Don't engage Thai people. Especially the smiling ones.

12. If a Thai person abuses you or scams you, let them do it. Bend over. Don't resist or complain.

13. Never trust a Thai Policeman.

14. Avoid tourist sites. Too many scammers.

Another urban legend about this beautiful country.
- The good business here are always Thai / farang associations.
- The majority of dishonesty problems encountered here come from expatriates.
- Every time I've dealt with the police for small problems they helped me their best.
- And on the sites, the scammers are mostly Westerners.
Review your opinion friend.
  • Like 1

Right now a group of senior lawyers who graduated from one of the top universities in Thailand offer to take this case free of charge for David and Hannah's Family.

The lawyer who wrote to me said "I cried when I saw David and Hannah's photos. I am very sad and feel sympathy for them. I'm not a pro-western, but I just want to help.

A message sent to csi la.

"I'm not a pro-western" - What the Heck?!

He's a good man to have on your side then, if you are a "western".

Since when did murder become nationality-selective as to its level of importance?

This is EXACTLY the problem, here.

Farangs (a disgraceful term) are worthless in comparison to Thais.

Thais don't afford justice to dogs, so why should they afford justice to "farangs"?

Edited by Duggsie
  • Like 1

The UK Government needs to step in here, but it won't because our once proud and strong country's influence is now little more than a limp lettuce. Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II must be so gratified to be the figurehead of such a diluted and even, dare I say it, insignificant nation.

So, because we (the UK) can't do anything, Amnesty International should be allowed to act in the UK's stead (after all, it is UK victims around which this entire disgusting case revolves).

Each and every one of Thailand's inhabitants should hang their heads in shame in the meantime over the actions of their police and political administrative system which reflects upon ALL Thais, not only the aforementioned miscreants.

Amnesty International should be allowed full access to these Burmese "suspects" in order to protect them from the very Administration (the Thai Junta/Government) which is charged with their safety whilst investigations into this double murder case continue.

It won't happen, of course, I'm just daydreaming of a world which fits in and concurs with my idealistic temperament.

And meanwhile, there is an absolute, apparently inviolate, monster still roaming the Land of Smiles. Safe in the knowledge that he can pretty much do whatever he likes with impunity, especially if those on the receiving end are Farang (foreigners).

That's my two-bits.

PS. Thai Visa could earn itself some Brownie Points by actually growing some, for once and sticking its head above the parapet when incidents of such clear injustice such as this occur.

What a loada Bollo ....

The UK is still one of the most influential countries in the World. Please refrain from making statements you can’t back up and insulting the Queen. I’m Scottish and have always held her in high regard……..

Get real mate ….

So where are we, then?

Is this double-murder of our citizens not important an issue enough?

Or are we (the UK) impotent (as I suspect).

PS. I'm a Republican at heart. So don't ask me to respect the queen, overly (not that I have disrespected her, in any event). Ability and enterprise over "birthright" every time.

Mate.

Their really isn't to much the UK government can do. Mark Kent will have been warned to keep quiet. A threat will have been made to ensure that. If you really want to know what these Thais are capable of Google Saudi Blue Diamond.. Then ask yourself what you would do to get involved.. Its good reading.

Their really isn't to much the UK government can do. Mark Kent will have been warned to keep quiet. A threat will have been made to ensure that. If you really want to know what these Thais are capable of Google Saudi Blue Diamond.. Then ask yourself what you would do to get involved.. Its good reading.

Thanks for that. I'd never even heard of the affair, before.

Interesting reading, as you say.

Pleased (in a sad way) that it upholds my assertions that even a Janitor (if he is Thai) is considered "higher" than the King of another country.

Talk about having a chip on your shoulder, Thailand seems to have an entire nation with a chip on its (collective) shoulder(s).

They can't be Arian cuz they not blonde and blue-eyed but the mentality seems similar.

That's my two-bits.

What a loada Bollo ....

The UK is still one of the most influential countries in the World. Please refrain from making statements you can’t back up and insulting the Queen. I’m Scottish and have always held her in high regard……..

Get real mate ….

So where are we, then?

PS. I'm a at heart. So don't ask me to respect the queen, overly (not that I have disrespected her, in any event). Ability and enterprise over "birthright" every time.

Mate.

Look mate, I know a lot more Publicans than I do Republicans and you get a lot more sense out of them ....... and DON'T DARE hit me with I have no concern about these double murders since a lot of Posters know I'm a staunch candidate of the highest order in defense on my own fellow citizens and wherever civil liberties have been taken the rise out of with other more unfortunate people from poorer countries .. like these 2 scapegoats

Edited by ScotBkk
  • Like 1

That's my two-bits.

What a loada Bollo ....

Get real mate ….

So where are we, then?

PS. I'm a Republican at heart. So don't ask me to respect the queen, overly (not that I have disrespected her, in any event). Ability and enterprise over "birthright" every time.

Mate.

I'm afraid that diplomatic relations plays a big part - I doubt that the queen is that well versed in what has happened here although she has undoubtedly been briefed on it.

I wouldn't call myself a Republican although I don't particularly care that much about the royal family, but, we cannot simply go barging in on another country's problems on their soil whether it involves the murder of two of our citizens or not. Can you imagine how the British would feel if two Thai's were murdered on the beach at Clacton and they sent a team over (uninvited) because we blamed it on 2 illegal Romanians and they deemed it that the new UKIP MP was trying to get some immediate brownie points by blaming 2 defenceless immigrants when it was deemed that the real culprits were the sons of The Rising Sun pub which just so happened to be owned by their father who was a big-wig UKIP councillor who was best mates with the newly elected MP!

As Scott has hit upon - what's all that pathetic hogwash about. If you want to go and get all sentimental about the UK's standing in the world being diminished then keep it to yourself as this kind of pathetic diatribe against our proud nation is not warranted (in this particular case) and people just don't want to read it!

"Can you imagine how the British would feel if two Thai's were murdered on the beach at Clacton and they sent a team over (uninvited) because we blamed it on 2 illegal Romanians and they deemed it that the new UKIP MP was trying to get some immediate brownie points by blaming 2 defenceless immigrants when it was deemed that the real culprits were the sons of The Rising Sun pub which just so happened to be owned by their father who was a big-wig UKIP councillor who was best mates with the newly elected MP! "

In the cause of justice, I could do little else than welcome the Thai team under the scenario you paint.

And I'm not "getting all sentimental" about anything. Just querying the UK's apparent official nonchalance with regard to these murders.

Are you missing the importance of this or am I blowing it out of proportion (it has to be one or the other). Two innocent kids died, for no reason and two innocent Burmese Nationals are being "fitted-up" for the crime for what reason?

Can we please forget the queen - that's just a stupid distraction. Don't derail this Thread, please.

Edited by Duggsie

TAT would enjoy the further Quotes such as

"" January 2013 a British national was killed in a shooting incident while at a beach party in Haad Rin on Koh Phanang and in September 2014 two British nationals were killed in Tao.

Violent sexual assaults and robberies against both men and women are reported regularly in the Koh Samui archipelago and Krabi province and are particularly common during the monthly Full Moon parties and generally occur late at night near bars""

Unquote

Its Obvious that their High season might require less accounting to calculate profits in coming years starting with this one.

Australia as Yet hasn't said much but i await its updated version.

Its reassuring the truth is getting out at least.

I've got a couple of mates over from England to visit me in early November. The first place we are going to is Koh Samui (5 nights) and then Krabi (4 nights) followed by Phuket, Chiang Mai and finally Bangkok before they fly back to the UK.

My question is: how long do you think they will last and will they make it to Phuket let alone back to the UK?

We don't plan to go to any FMP's so that's in our favour and could be our saviour!

I've just told them about your warning and they have cancelled their trip to Thailand now!

Thanks a bundle for ruining it al!

Your just some drama Queen -

If they cancelled (in the few minutes it took you to tell them -

I guess it was your doing , not to mention the UK Governments warning.

But you don't seem to be creditable -

Certainly the post was taken down immediately less it create some fears -

However, regardless of whatever is said or done here.

Thailand is in for a far bleaker season than expected.

And deservedly so-

Your just some drama Queen -

If they cancelled (in the few minutes it took you to tell them -

I guess it was your doing , not to mention the UK Governments warning.

But you don't seem to be creditable -

Certainly the post was taken down immediately less it create some fears -

However, regardless of whatever is said or done here.

Thailand is in for a far bleaker season than expected.

And deservedly so-

Its OK Fred - I was only kidding with that last piece so don't set Bam Bam, Pebbles and Dino on me, will you! I'm not worried about Barney as he seems a docile and harmless chap!