Koh Samui prison chief fears Koh Tao murder suspects may commit suicide

webfact

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the hell wants to live in Thailand after all this shit?

If you continue to support this corrupt and vile country under military rule, you are just supporting them and are a part of the problem!

Thailand has had it's day...

Thailand is DEAD

This case has taken an emotional toll on many people.

But please remember the people that have families and homes here. Should they abandon all?

And what about sticking around and trying to help all the wonderful Thai people who have absolutely nothing to do with crime or corruption?

Its highly likely the next we see them *(the accused) will be in gruesome internet photos beaten to a Pulp to unrecognisable levels with a metal bar by Bad Boy Bubby *who couldn't stand their evil ways and shame on Thailand .

Bubby will have his sentence reduced on Thai Quacks advice that he is reformed and a patriotic National .

Case will be closed and a box of Singha and 10,000 baht divided by the guards who tried their best to prevent it.

Edited by Fred Flinstone
  • Like 2

"They may be feeling guilty for the crime they have done."

Said they had done.

Since recanted.

And feeling guilty for the crime they committed, admitted to after mild, friendly interrogation that left only minor injuries, then recanted pleading with their own country's foreign ministry for help...

And obviously now feeling guilty for lying as well.

As Thais - eager for rightful justice - the suspects need to be expediently processed through the justice system so the Thais can administer swift justice in the form of execution. That also conveniently stops all this 'retraction, nay-saying bullocks', making everyone happy.

The Thai authorities would not want these individuals performing their own execution as that just takes the fun and public justice out of it.

But, meanwhile, we as authorities are watching them closely as we worry that these TWO guilty men - being held in GenPop for their protection - will BOTH commit "suicide" at approximately the same time later this week.

Thank you for your concern and support of the Thai justice system.

"They may be feeling guilty for the crime they have done."

Said they had done.

Since recanted.

And feeling guilty for the crime they committed, admitted to after mild, friendly interrogation that left only minor injuries, then recanted pleading with their own country's foreign ministry for help...

And obviously now feeling guilty for lying as well.

As Thais - eager for rightful justice - the suspects need to be expediently processed through the justice system so the Thais can administer swift justice in the form of execution. That also conveniently stops all this 'retraction, nay-saying bullocks', making everyone happy.

The Thai authorities would not want these individuals performing their own execution as that just takes the fun and public justice out of it.

But, meanwhile, we as authorities are watching them closely as we worry that these TWO guilty men - being held in GenPop for their protection - will BOTH commit "suicide" at approximately the same time later this week.

Thank you for your concern and support of the Thai justice system.

Blimey!!

You don't mess about do you.

I push things a little bit but you went over the cliff half an hour ago!

• Like 1

How would it be possible for them to commit suicide in a cell with other inmates.

Being beaten to death may hold possible for one but two is a bit far fetched.

These poor boys would be stressed with threats, language barriers it must be hell on earth for them right now.

I'd like to think their parents are there, chances are they may not have the money to travel, food and accommodation

Is there anyone I could contact to make it possible for them to be on Surat Thani. I'd finance their stay to be with their sons.

Either way I think this will all end quickly.

• Like 2

With what is currently being circulated on social media reference the double Koh Tao homicides together with the derogatory and abusive comments aimed at both the military administration, RTP and prison authorities, I would not be at all surprised if one or more were closed down. Some of the postings directed towards the heads of police and prisons are quite frankly over the top. It is one thing suspecting corruption it is quite another to prove it and still another to broadcast it. Farang should realise that their continued residence in Thailand is literally in the hands of those who are being criticised. Not a good move I would have thought.

Calm yourself. Thailand is not an island. Whatever you might wish to believe, they are mindful that the world is watching. Tourism is already down, for a myriad of reasons. Attempting to crack down on the free speech of potential customers/investors will do them no favours. Whilst they can take measures against their domestic population, doing so publicly against foreign nationals, only brings negative results...as they are slowly discovering. What might have worked in the past against their domestic population, won't wash with their 'guests'. Their guests will simply take their leave and not return. Their stream of quality tourists will evaporate.

Stupid comments about girls wearing bikinis don't help. The perfect way to scare your potential clients and their families. PM, remember that we are your guests. Is this the way to treat your guests? If you really wish to return happiness to the people, don't neglect to include your guests into the equation. We are tired of the ripoffs and the corruption. You lose one market and look to the next. Soon to run out of new people to fool. The same scams exist, year after year....often with the collusion of the police.

Good Post mate

• Like 1

Newspaper that shall not be named reporting this morning that police say recanting of confession was just a "rumor" and that "suspects" are maintaining their guilt and "repented their crime"

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

If you raped someone then I'm sure that the guilt wouldn't go away after a good nights sleep.

They are right to feel guilty and it is good to see that they have repented their crime, if this indeed is true that is.

How would it be possible for them to commit suicide in a cell with other inmates.

Being beaten to death may hold possible for one but two is a bit far fetched.

These poor boys would be stressed with threats, language barriers it must be hell on earth for them right now.

I'd like to think their parents are there, chances are they may not have the money to travel, food and accommodation

Is there anyone I could contact to make it possible for them to be on Surat Thani. I'd finance their stay to be with their sons.

Either way I think this will all end quickly.

According to some posters they should have been dead several days ago,

C'mon lads, get real - you don't realise how stupid and immature you are all making yourselves appear.

It was stated that the prison authorities were concerned that the two men being held were suicide risks.

All of a sudden they are looking into ways of ending their lives!

Stop being so melodramatic and conspiracy orientated and come back to 'the real world'!

In other words - grow up will you!

In a general holding cell? apparent Suicide and them case closed. It's happened many times.

Would be better moving them to individual holding cells fully equipped with cutthroat razors for shaving, a couple of lengths of good stout rope to hold up their trouser and a large bottle of sleeping pills to ensure a good night's sleep, there they will be safe from other prisoners although not too sure who will be overseeing the guards ensuring their safety.

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

Check out BP opinion piece (google The big issue: The unsolved murders).

This looks like it has reached critical mass now.

Don't think I need to.

I would imagine that the defence lawyer has failed to get them to keep up the desperate pretence anymore as they have realised that the evidence against them is overwhelming and that in order to save them from the death penalty they want to plead guilty. After all, they INSISTED on more than one occasion that they raped her despite being told to refute this at all costs and don't forget, I'm sure that a number of you won't have, that they accidentally implicated themselves with the rapes in speaking out against some of the police evidence.

The Myanmar authorities and this lying toad of a defence lawyer should hang their heads in shame for making up stories of torture and beatings in order to protect the two guilty men. I really hope that the rapists (and probably killers) maintain their stance of repentance against the crimes they have committed in the trial and plead guilty in order to obtain closure for the families.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Anyone paying attention is witnessing The Thai Way in real time in real terms by real Thais.

Ongoing, live, select your own language.

It's an unknowing and unassisted suicide.

The Telegraph quoted the deputy head of national police as saying, “Today the case should be finished because we want to clear this case up as soon as possible so that our tourism industry can bounce back.”

It’s hard not to be suspicious of an already apparently bungled investigation when you hear a remark like that.

That there is doubt about the ethics and validity of the investigation speaks volumes about Thailand’s reputation — or lack thereof — for competent, fair investigations.

The fact that two foreigners were murdered on a popular resort island made international headlines, putting pressure on local officials to conduct the case efficiently and bring the killers to justice. They have made bizarre choices along the way that ended up hurting the islands’s, and the country’s, reputation even more.

Burmese workers are vulnerable in Thailand as it is, and it would be all too easy to pin a scandalous murder on members of that group

http://asiancorrespondent.com/127325/bizarre-koh-tao-murders-investigation-leaves-many-questions/

Edited by Publicus

"...The Myanmar authorities and this lying toad of a defence lawyer should hang their heads in shame for making up stories of torture and beatings in order to protect the two guilty men. I really hope that the rapists (and probably killers) maintain their stance of repentance against the crimes they have committed in the trial and plead guilty in order to obtain closure for the families".

"...to protect the two guilty men". Don't you just love the way that some folk give no creedance whatsoever to the premise innocent until proven guilty. We can only hope and pray that these folk never, ever sit on a jury. Why let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Check out BP opinion piece (google The big issue: The unsolved murders).

This looks like it has reached critical mass now.

Yes , just read it -

Very Damming stuff-

key points that confirms most thinking peoples doubts on this case.

More powerful was the Fact it was printed in Bangkok Thailand and was really saying "people have lost faith in the Police "

The most striking point was the habit of police setting up innocent people to protect the guilty who can afford to buy their way out, as being a regular practice.

Yes its looking like these chaps will be taken out at any moment , certainly before they can further reveal their innocence by appearing in court.

The critical thinking is that a fawned suicide or beaten to death will be the usual way it goes.

However , some hold up hope the attention given to this obvious stitch up and the media around the "worries of suicide " expressed by the Jailers , could make the Thais go through with a kangaroo court and hope it doesn't back fire-

Coming days will tell -

Yes i recommend also that Opinion piece in the BP today -

An intelligent article .

This article should be preceded with a huge, "Spoiler Alert!"

Yes, let's ask the other inmates to watch out for them. And by "watch out," I mean earn 2,000 baht for helping them fall on a bread knife.

"...The Myanmar authorities and this lying toad of a defence lawyer should hang their heads in shame for making up stories of torture and beatings in order to protect the two guilty men. I really hope that the rapists (and probably killers) maintain their stance of repentance against the crimes they have committed in the trial and plead guilty in order to obtain closure for the families".

"...to protect the two guilty men". Don't you just love the way that some folk give no creedance whatsoever to the premise innocent until proven guilty. We can only hope and pray that these folk never, ever sit on a jury. Why let the facts get in the way of a good story.

SICHONSTEVE is obviously a Thai. Even the most moronic westerner would have never posted those remarks.

• Like 1

SICHONSTEVE is obviously a Thai. Even the most moronic westerner would have never posted those remarks.

He suffers from being a - Mimus polyglotktos -- a Mockingbird ....... jeers everyone along ... he's an expert ..

If I was a Thai surely I would be called Khun Satiebe!

Sean Hayes McAnna says at 0:01:

To everyone commenting. I never said I knew the killers. I said that if I died that night it was the guy from in touch who "did it". anybody with half a brain knows it would always be blamed on Burmese. I'm gutted for everyone involved, but there's really nothing I can do. I'm sorry the newspapers lied to you. Believe me, they lied about a lot of things. They just like a story.

blink.png Oh, yes you did...

post-206952-0-68988700-1413123087_thumb.

Edited by iReason