Koh Samui prison chief fears Koh Tao murder suspects may commit suicide

webfact

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newspaper that shall not be named reporting this morning that police say recanting of confession was just a "rumor" and that "suspects" are maintaining their guilt and "repented their crime"

What a bunch of losers.

Newspaper that shall not be named reporting this morning that police say recanting of confession was just a "rumor" and that "suspects" are maintaining their guilt and "repented their crime"

What a bunch of losers.
What happened to the proposal by an NGO (dedicated to migrants' rights) appointing a lawyer? That was headline news for several days, a week ago, but now we hear nothing about it. It's almost certain that Thai officialdom didn't allow it. After all, they control every aspect of their 'investigation' including the judges.

Don't be surprised if the Myanmar lawyer(s) are suddenly dismissed. Either (purportedly) by the scapegoats or by the Thai authorities. If we hear they've been dismissed by the scapegoats, you can file it in the same cabinet as the scapegoats 'recanting their confession.'

• 1 month later...

I can envisage a scenario where they top them themselves "out of remorse for what they have done", just as the days they can be held are about to expire and the prosecutors still refuse to accept the murder case on DNA evidence alone. I hope I am wrong.

The main principle behind a threat:

" If my demands are not met I'll 'suicide my wife' publicly".

Old joke, but hard to say whether life imitates art or art imitates life.

Edited by ABCer

Dogmatix post # 456

I can envisage a scenario where they top them themselves "out of remorse for what they have done", just as the days they can be held are about to expire and the prosecutors still refuse to accept the murder case on DNA evidence alone. I hope I am wrong.

I can envisage a scenario where they top them themselves "out of remorse for what they have done", just as the days they can be held are about to expire.

Any such an outcome would indeed confirm that the police case was somewhat ''creative'' with regards to the conducting of the investigation and in its conclusion.

Edited by siampolee