Former USSR leader Mikhail Gorbachev ‘fighting for life’ in hospital

webfact

Former USSR leader Mikhail Gorbachev ‘fighting for life’ in hospital

SYDNEY: -- FORMER Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev, 83, has been hospitalised but is determined to fight for his life, Russian press agencies report.

“My state of health has been moderate for a week and today I am in hospital. My health is deteriorating,” Gorbachev was cited as saying by Ria Novosti agency.

“I’m hooked up to a monitor,” he added, without saying where or why he was hospitalised.

“You know my character. I am determined to fight for my life,” he told Interfax news agency.

The last leader of the Soviet Union was hospitalised in June 2013 for a general check-up.

The Nobel Peace laureate has in recent years appeared tired during public appearances.

He is diabetic, according to media reports.

Gorbachev became Soviet leader in 1985 and instituted the sweeping political and economic reforms that became known as glasnost (“openness”) and “perestroika” (rebuilding).

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/former-ussr-leader-mikhail-gorbachev-fighting-for-life-in-hospital/story-fnh81p7g-1227086700862

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2014-10-10

• Like 1

The guy that banged his shoe and said Russia would bury the USA? Soon his country will bury him. just another evil politician.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed again. Please stop using bold font when posting.
  • Like 1

The guy that banged his shoe and said Russia would bury the USA? Soon his country will bury him. just another evil politician.

amse, did I misread the name, or are you remiss in your recollection of history? Was it Nikita Khrushchev or Mikhail Gorbachev?

• Like 1

That was Nikita Khrushchev, who died in 1971 you silly man. Go back to sleep.

Sorry baboon, didn't mean to steal your thunder.

• Like 1

Mikhail Gorbachev ... RESPECT!

post-37101-0-63835800-1412935605.gif

Mikhail Gorbachev 'ashamed' of Vladimir Putin Mikhail Gorbachev has launched a withering personal attack on Vladimir Putin on the eve of a giant anti-Kremlin protest in Moscow, saying he is ashamed of the Russian prime minister.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/8975893/Mikhail-Gorbachev-ashamed-of-Vladimir-Putin.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He is the one that insisted on ending "star wars" while he installed SS20 missiles pointing at European cities. He went crying to Margaret when he was outgunned by Ronald. He was not a peace maker but a loser and a sore one at that.

Edited by Jimbolai

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He is the one that insisted on ending "star wars" while he installed SS20 missiles pointing at European cities. He went crying to Margaret when he was outgunned by Ronald. He was not a peace maker but a loser and a sore one at that.

Try reading the book 'We Come Unseen', you may learn a few things.

• Like 1

I like Gorbachev because he brought out the human side of communism.Before him all we got from Soviet Presidents was,"Neit.neit.neit! At least he would listen and talk to people. But when I reminded my Russian girlfriend of this she replied angrily, "He broke up the Soviet Union!" to which I replied, "And the Berlin wall."

Wish him a speedy recovery. One of the greatest ever World leaders. I grew up during the Regan, Thatcher, Gorbachev golden years that heralded the end of the cold war. Shame present leaders are unable to learn from history.

• Like 1

Try reading the book 'We Come Unseen', you may learn a few things.

Or 'Statecraft' by Margret Thatcher',

I believe you are confusing him with another Soviet leader, I don't think it was Gorbachev who was the shoe banger.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think you've got it incorrect.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Wish him a speedy recovery. One of the greatest ever World leaders. I grew up during the Regan, Thatcher, Gorbachev golden years that heralded the end of the cold war. Shame present leaders are unable to learn from history.

One of the mysteries of life is that, all we learn from history is that we DO NOT learn from history (unfortunately). And I agree with your comment about present leaders.

• Like 1

One of the mysteries of life is that, all we learn from history is that we DO NOT learn from history (unfortunately). And I agree with your comment about present leaders.

I doubt that you know anything about history, that's the guy who destroyed everything. The only nation who may aploud him is america...