Ensure 'fair probe' for suspects, says Thein Sein

Lite Beer

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the UK Embassy is actually doing. The outrage expressed by people on the Internet has been helpful in putting focus Thai and Burmese leadership . The only thing missing are statements from the UK. Please correct me if I am wrong.

WAY TO GO MYANMAR !

Uk can learn a lot from your stance of strength and you will not be messed with quite as easily as you have been in the past. Anyone afraid to speak up from the FO when it is a military junta that seized power in a coup, regardless of the "show" they are giving you, is essentially a coward and You and Sean McAnna should stay hidden in the shadows of this affair so we don't have to clap eyes on either you until you can both step up. Good lord What will it take UK ?

The accused aren't UK citizens. Nothing they can do.

No. Only the victims in this are.

I wonder what the UK Embassy is actually doing. The outrage expressed by people on the Internet has been helpful in putting focus Thai and Burmese leadership . The only thing missing are statements from the UK. Please correct me if I am wrong.

WAY TO GO MYANMAR !

Uk can learn a lot from your stance of strength and you will not be messed with quite as easily as you have been in the past. Anyone afraid to speak up from the FO when it is a military junta that seized power in a coup, regardless of the "show" they are giving you, is essentially a coward and You and Sean McAnna should stay hidden in the shadows of this affair so we don't have to clap eyes on either you until you can both step up. Good lord What will it take UK ?

Yes. But there's still not much they can do as the accused aren't.

As far as I can tell, with all the lavish thanks laid on Sean Mcanna's soundcloud page (instigated by CSI -LA, a weak point for them here I feel) he still hasn't done or said anything of worth. Maybe he is speaking and we won't find out about it for a while in whcih case I will apologise to him, but it seems unlikely so at the moment I view him contemptuosly as the little bitch he appears to be

It makes no difference if one is accused of a crime or a victim of a crime within the jurisdiction of another country. One's home country has no authority to investigate unless it is at the request of the country in which the crime occurred.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Thailand's police chief Pol General Somyot Poompanmoung said yesterday: "I want to stress that police have investigated this case based on the law, examined evidence in line with international standards, and are fully accountable."

Pants on fire.

• Like 1

WAY TO GO MYANMAR !

Yes. But there's still not much they can do as the accused aren't.

Myanmar has done nothing yet only made strong public declaration as we are reading now

Can we stop saying there's nothing the uk can do. I don't see any such statements by the British Government.

This will be considered a topic for discussion though if D and H trend enough

I m sure Myanmar hasn't requested 100 000 signatures to make a plain direct strong official statement.

Thein Sein obviously telling Prayuth that they are being watched.

What Prayuth and his police chiefs have also forgotten is that there 'human rights' behaviour is also being scrutinised by the US with regards to mistreatment of migrants and their human rights, and now add Amnesty International to that list.

If they decide to carry on with this charade, then I think they will not escape punishment this time. They got off lucky a few months ago when they were downgraded to the lowest tier for human rights abuses yet managed to escape tangible sanctions. They were lucky to get away with a slap on the wrist.

I hope they get a hard kick up the arse next time...... The world is watching.... continue to be stupid, and you may well see CIVILISED countries marking Thailand down as an unsafe destination.

That would wipe that smarmy look off your face.

I believe the UK Government has a duty of care for British subjects and should revise Foreign Office travel guidance in light of the frequency British subjects have been victims of murder, "suicides", rape and other violent crime in Thailand over the past five years.

UK travel advice now updated "Western tourists including British nationals have been victims of vicious, unprovoked attacks by individuals and gangs in Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao (the Samui archipelago)."

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/safety-and-security

its not just this statement, it seems the UK is warning people of many things now in Thailand including travel and scams.

It is looking like a less desirable destination every day. Times are certainly changing for Thailand, it feels like we are heading to a crossroads. Either Thailand wakes up, grows up and makes real changes or its future as an International holiday destination and investment opportunity look bleak.

• Like 1

From a Post above: Can we stop saying there's nothing the uk can do. I don't see any such statements by the British Government

They say so right on the UK - Bangkok website:

What the FCO and British consulate can’t do
  • offer legal advice, start legal proceedings or investigate a crime

makes you wonder what they can do ???? and what they are there for apart from patronising foreign governments

Hello all... I'm helping out the guy who is running the petition (http://goo.gl/FD66Th) to get the UK gov to independently investigate David and Hannah's murders and I need a favour from you wonderful people... The numbers of signees are slowing down somewhat, but we need to keep going - if we reach 100k (currently just over 50k) we can ask for it to be discussed in Parliament.

Anyway trying it tap into new channels outside if what we are currently hitting, so we've just set up a Twitter account - if you have twitter can you pls follow us and give us a share/retweet? Many thanks... We are at: @ThailandJustice

Thank you

From the above: I'm helping out the guy who is running the petition to get the UK gov to independently investigate ...

From the UK Embassy -- Bangkok website:

What the FCO and British consulate can’t do

The FCO and British consulate won’t be able to:

• get someone out of prison or detention
  • help someone get special treatment
  • offer legal advice, start legal proceedings or investigate a crime

What Prayuth and his police chiefs have also forgotten is that there 'human rights' behaviour is also being scrutinised by the US with regards to mistreatment of migrants and their human rights, and now add Amnesty International to that list.

If they decide to carry on with this charade, then I think they will not escape punishment this time. They got off lucky a few months ago when they were downgraded to the lowest tier for human rights abuses yet managed to escape tangible sanctions. They were lucky to get away with a slap on the wrist.

I hope they get a hard kick up the arse next time...... The world is watching.... continue to be stupid, and you may well see CIVILISED countries marking Thailand down as an unsafe destination.

I believe the UK Government has a duty of care for British subjects and should revise Foreign Office travel guidance in light of the frequency British subjects have been victims of murder, "suicides", rape and other violent crime in Thailand over the past five years.

UK travel advice now updated "Western tourists including British nationals have been victims of vicious, unprovoked attacks by individuals and gangs in Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao (the Samui archipelago)."

That's old. I think that update followed the attack on Jack Cole and April Clifton.

Needs a bit more now.

This was on the safety and security page, the new warning, which also refers to the murders, is now on the main front page of the FCO/Thailand website. It wasn't in that high profile a position before.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand

• Like 1

That's old. I think that update followed the attack on Jack Cole and April Clifton.

Needs a bit more now.

Yes most of its old but they have just added the reference to Koh Tao, I have email alerts set up with the embassy that informs you whenever an update is issued

The UK don't want to get involved otherwise others will point out the human rights abuses in the UK. There are plenty, but they either don't get reported or the people abused are foreigners, so the UK public, press and government don't care. People get locked up in the UK without charge, without trial. That is a fact and no-one cares. Some people that are locked up aren't even told what they are supposed to have done. That's the reality in the UK, so why should the government care what happens here. UK government couldn't give a toss of any UK citizens get murdered abroad.

Many on here talk about Thai people not liking Myanmar people, but it's the same in the UK. There are certain nationalities that many UK people don't like. If they get caught up in something, the people think they deserve it. No different to this situation.

Edited by ldnguy
  • Like 1

i think the good general has become a toothless tiger

what a shame for Thailand succumbed to the pressures of the mafia gangs

love the smug contented grin on his face. Strutting around like a peacock thinking to himself who care about or what these stupid Burmese think. if we want to stich someone up on murder charges we will. He is so proud of the job his police have done and rewarded them for their corruption.

• Like 1

Yes you are correct that they should, but the real question is .... why aren't they?

• Like 1

no you cannot tell what is being thought by the grin on his face. you can tell he is not worried at all by anything. the fact is he should be. you thug your way into power....sooner or later you get thug-ed out of power. in the time in between i wish he would apply army logic & diciplice to the police on kt. it would truly buy him goodwill from all people. and he will need all the goodwill he can get in the future.

• Like 1

love the smug contented grin on his face. Strutting around like a peacock thinking to himself who care about or what these stupid Burmese think. if we want to stich someone up on murder charges we will. He is so proud of the job his police have done and rewarded them for their corruption.

Guess they never figured it would go this far, now they are screwing with ties from Burma, he thinks, oh well, we can tell these Burmese's bastards anything, Thais are a much superior race to everyone (the picture does convey that kind of look). This country will never get out of the cheating, corrupt, crap that is common law here now.

These poor guys are as good as dead, and probably from the already talked about suicide fears, done by the cops own hands, end problem, save the high season.

Hello all... I'm helping out the guy who is running the petition (http://goo.gl/FD66Th) to get the UK gov to independently investigate David and Hannah's murders and I need a favour from you wonderful people... The numbers of signees are slowing down somewhat, but we need to keep going - if we reach 100k (currently just over 50k) we can ask for it to be discussed in Parliament.

Anyway trying it tap into new channels outside if what we are currently hitting, so we've just set up a Twitter account - if you have twitter can you pls follow us and give us a share/retweet? Many thanks... We are at: @ThailandJustice

Thank you

You are a good guy. Trying to help the family and want the justice. You experience about the falling signers is total normally.

When this first come to the news all was talking about it and it becomes breaking news, everybody will make a statement. Everybody want to have the justice, can't accept what there is going on and so on.

When times go days, weeks, months I will all be forgotten. The news don't have any interest in it anymore, and new news arrived and people jumps to them.

Later there will properly be a short news line about the trail

It will be forgotten and the longer time there goes it will fate out.

Tourist will arrived like normally and it will become a story for long time ago

There is a reason to why thailand calls Teflon Thailand.

Keep trying to do a good work, you need it to fulfilling you quest

I hope you will succeed

Thank you

Done. Good work keep the pressure on.

There is a huge difference between Bangkok Elite happy, and the happy of Northern Thai people.

"Before martial law was declared, Gen Prayuth told me Khun Suthep and your masses of PDRC supporters are too exhausted. Its now the duty of the army to take over the task, Mr Suthep said."

Edited by Ve37

the uk does not want to point fingers like in the tv pics. their own record on rapes & crime in general is so-so at best. the uk lost so much credibility with the middle east people rapeing there young women in a multi year rape fest that the police knew about, but did nothing.yes the uk will keep mouth closed & pretend to not notice the dead couples family weeping. stiff upper lip, did i say that right?