Farmers to receive financial compensation as early as 20 Oct

Lite Beer

Farmers to receive financial compensation as early as 20 Oct

BANGKOK, 10 October 2014 (NNT) - The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives is pushing for the Cabinet's recently approved measures to help farmers by urgently inspecting the registration of farmers and giving them financial compensation starting this 20 October.

Secretary-General of the Office of Agricultural Economics Lersak Riewtrakunpaiboon said the ministry had assigned the office to establish a committee responsible for setting up criteria and guidelines for the registration of farmers. The ministry had also formed another panel tasked with increasing income of low-income people, said Mr. Lersak.

The farmers’ registration is part of the government’s policy to stimulate the economy in the first three months of 2015. The government has vowed that the financial compensation, worth 40 billion baht in total, for farmers would be fair and transparent.

Over 2.8 million rice farmers have registered with the Office of Agricultural Economics. The registration will be closed on 31 October 2014.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-10-10 footer_n.gif

If it was the PTP handing out the money it would construed as a populist policy and vote buying!

How true.

I wonder if any military types are also farmers?

Absolutely!

Truly populist especially since the maximum of 15,000 Baht depending on land size goes directly to farmers registered.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If it was the PTP handing out the money it would construed as a populist policy and vote buying!

But it isn't!

This non-party government with no need to curry favour with the voters.

Refreshing, isn't it.

Dictatorships don't fear the vote. They fear the more extreme measures a subjugated population may take.

"One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes a revolution in order to establish a dictatorship." - George Orwell.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What about the starving rubber people?

Done already!

UBON RATCHATHANI, 4 September 2014 (NNT) -- The province of Ubon Ratchathani has extended 1.5 billion baht worth of loans to rubber farmers.

The province has given the nod to more than 15 billion baht worth of loans to rubber tapper cooperatives. The loan is intended for them to buy rubber from farmers and put it into the processing system, in order to help shore up the prices of natural rubber.

According to Governor Serm Chainarong, the province has followed the government's policy to help rubber farmers who have been seriously affected by low prices of rubber. The government has also demanded that the loan program be transparent and free of fraud of any kind.

-- NNT 2014-10-04

Thaksin economics seems to be very popular with the Junta despite its criticisms.

it is not giving money to the farmer that you are going to change anything.

the price of the fertilizer and many more things, is too high and the final price of the rice is too down.

myself i prefer to buy it ready has to produce it because i never get money for it...or i even loose.

coffee1.gif

They keep giving money to the farmers,Rice,Rubber,Garlic,Shrimp,etc etc,

and nothing changes,I suppose its just a vote buying exercise in disguise

as there are a few Million of them,whats that saying about the definition

of a lunatic,keep doing the same thing over and over,while expecting a

different result.thats what is happening.

regards Worgeordie

What would actually help would be laws and programs designed to keep more of the money in the farmers pockets. There must be a minimum farmgate price that is much higher than it is now. There is profit in rice, rubber and cane, just not for the farmers themselves. Look to the wholesale buyers for the pigs at the trough.

What about the starving rubber people?

Done already!

UBON RATCHATHANI, 4 September 2014 (NNT) -- The province of Ubon Ratchathani has extended 1.5 billion baht worth of loans to rubber farmers.

The province has given the nod to more than 15 billion baht worth of loans to rubber tapper cooperatives. The loan is intended for them to buy rubber from farmers and put it into the processing system, in order to help shore up the prices of natural rubber.

According to Governor Serm Chainarong, the province has followed the government's policy to help rubber farmers who have been seriously affected by low prices of rubber. The government has also demanded that the loan program be transparent and free of fraud of any kind.

-- NNT 2014-10-04

Thaksin economics seems to be very popular with the Junta despite its criticisms.

None of the rubber farmers here in the south (at least the ones I know) have heard about that.

regards Worgeordie

Sounds a bit like the European Union doesn't it? Well at least when they had some cash.

regards Worgeordie

Isn't that is what happening with the coup in general?

Nothing new,same old results.