When will the English speaking radio stations be on air again?

guzzi850m2

Anybody know? They were shut down shortly after the coup and haven't been on air since, I think there are 2 or 3 normally.

When we were in Bangkok last week I was listening to an English station in my truck so they are in business there already.

I saw an announcement the other day that 103 and Mix 88.5 had merged, the article went on to say that their licence had been approved on Friday, (10th Oct) and that they would be back on air in 7 to 10 days.

It's been so long that I have forgotten, was 88.5 the one that's did the BBC Worldservice news on the hour?
  • Like 1

Yes thats a good question isnt it . . . . ? Havent quite worked out why they were shut down in the first place either!!

Easy....they were considered subversive and bracketed with all those Thai local stations which were supposed to be giving out the redshirt propaganda . Really is irritating not to have the radio on in the house.

Who said martial law does not affect farangs in Pattaya.

I saw an announcement the other day that 103 and Mix 88.5 had merged, the article went on to say that their licence had been approved on Friday, (10th Oct) and that they would be back on air in 7 to 10 days.

It's been so long that I have forgotten, was 88.5 the one that's did the BBC Worldservice news on the hour?

Yes, and good reception all the way south as far as Sattahip and north just past Lamchabang too. But, for some reason, poor reception around Pattaya Klang.

IMHO the best of the local radio stations - I miss it.

Yes, and good reception all the way south as far as Sattahip and north just past Lamchabang too. But, for some reason, poor reception around Pattaya Klang.

Ditto: Hope 88.5 has not merged as 103 is for retards.

• Like 1

Ditto: Hope 88.5 has not merged as 103 is for retards.

They have already merged and will be back on the airwaves as Fabulous 103 fm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those that miss decent radio and have a good internet connection, you can always listen to loads of FM quality stations over the internet for free. I use Tune In Radio to listen to any of the Beeb stations, a couple of local UK ones and the Dutch rocker Arrow. I also use their app on my smartphone to listen to them in the car via AIS 3G and the aux input to the car stereo. Those with Bluetooth connectivity in the car can do it all wirelessly. TuneIn has over 100,000 real radio stations and four million on-demand programs and podcasts from around the world so you can catch just about anything that's out there.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

For those that miss decent radio and have a good internet connection, you can always listen to loads of FM quality stations over the internet for free. I use Tune In Radio to listen to any of the Beeb stations, a couple of local UK ones and the Dutch rocker Arrow. I also use their app on my smartphone to listen to them in the car via AIS 3G and the aux input to the car stereo. Those with Bluetooth connectivity in the car can do it all wirelessly. TuneIn has over 100,000 real radio stations and four million on-demand programs and podcasts from around the world so you can catch just about anything that's out there.

NanLaew

I envy you with all this technological expertise. That's a genuine statement. But there are still a few, like me, who just listen to the old steam radio in the kitchen and bedroom etc. I don't even have a smartphone and have never encountered an app!

It's age I guess.

Mind you, I'm not completely in the dark ages, I listen to BBC radio 4, via the BBC web-site, pottering around the house using remote earphones. I might well go to the website you mentioned.

By the way, I now know, from your post, why the salesman at Toyota, drooled on about the little plug down by the centre console!. For three years I've never used it!.

Take care, and thanks.