the summing up.osca pistorius.

meatboy

cannot believe this hasnt made world news section.

having watch yesterdays first day for the defence it was unbelievable to listen to the defence.

how reeva's parents can sit through that without showing any strain is behond me.

he has aleady been cleared of murder but the defence want him to have community service.

today i hope and going on yesterdays cross questioning by the prosecution it is going to set the court alight.

around 2.30pm. thai time.bbc.news channel.

Edited by meatboy

How can an unknown person behind a locked door be of such an immediate threat as to necessitate shooting them several times through the door ? That is enough for me to destroy the defence before even going into if he was that concerned why did he not locate his girlfriend before shooting ?

As said the whole thing stinks.

How can an unknown person behind a locked door be of such an immediate threat as to necessitate shooting them several times through the door ? That is enough for me to destroy the defence before even going into if he was that concerned why did he not locate his girlfriend before shooting ?

As said the whole thing stinks.

Trust me as someone who lived in JHB and walked around a house at 3 in morning in my y fronts with a firearm draw, thinking some has broken in on more than 1 occasion, would it have been conceivable that I would have let rip through a door ? You bet your life I would

As to why didn't he do this or that, hindsight is exact science for those who have never been in a situation like this, and its easy commenting from the sidelines isn't it ?

Was this a true accident ? Possible, but its equally plausible that they had an argument, she locked herself in the bathroom and he let rip on the door only two people really know what happened and one of those is dead

He was never going to get done for murder, the evidence was never there, man slaughter was what he was going to get convicted of from day 1

On the sentencing he will not get community service but will not get 15 years either, it will be something like 3 years, serves a year get let out on good behaviour and put on probation

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

I wish someone from south Africa would explain why This was allowed to happen.

I don't understand the Judicial system there well enough because I thought the prosecutor did a stand up job.

Was he too aggressive ?

Why what was allowed to happen ?

In the same vein why was OJ allowed to happen ?

I wish someone from south Africa would explain why This was allowed to happen.

I don't understand the Judicial system there well enough because I thought the prosecutor did a stand up job.

Was he too aggressive ?

Why what was allowed to happen ?

In the same vein why was OJ allowed to happen ?

As an american and knowledgable in American culture and psychology, I have a good understanding of how the OJ verdict was reached. I have a good understanding of Johnny Cochran and Marsha Clark.

I have not found a good synopsis yet that discusses the South African perspective on this courtroom outcome. Nor of the courtroom politics.

What is abundantly clear is Judge Thokozile Mazipa runs a very different courtroom than judge Ito.

Now do you actually have a contribution to make on this thread or are you just cruising?

Edited by ClutchClark