Where Did Taco House Go?

NanLaew

While I was away, the taqueria on Soi Buakhao called Taco House morphed into Chick-King "Southern fried chicken and more!"... But with a 'Best of British' signage, I assume it aint US-style southern fried anything.

But I digress. What happened to Taco House? They had a decent and varied menu and was a weekly stop for me. I recall talking with the owner and he reckoned over 70% of his business was for delivery so did he give up the shop front and carry on working from a back street... or has he folded completely?

The Taco House was opened by the guy who owned Sunrise Tacos in Jomtien, shortly after he closed Sunrise. Saying 70% of your business is in take-out is code in the restaurant business for saying, "That is why my restaurant is always empty". It is a tough business.

The Taco House was opened by the guy who owned Sunrise Tacos in Jomtien, shortly after he closed Sunrise. Saying 70% of your business is in take-out is code in the restaurant business for saying, "That is why my restaurant is always empty". It is a tough business.

I ate there 4 times, all in the afternoon. Each time there was either a customer ahead of me or people coming in after to order. There were also customers ordering and asking for delivery in bars a few doors down so his claim that take-away or delivery orders being the bulk of his business looked right.

However, as you say, it is a tough business and if he shuttered Sunrise Tacos as well, then he must have been hemorrhaging heavily. There's no sign of his business on door2door or WOW so he is history.