Foreign tourist arrivals in Thailand drop 10.28 percent

webfact

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.Your dream will be my command, of course I never want to step foot into Thailand unless I absolutely have to for work.

What good does comparing Thailand to other 3rd world countries do for your argument that everything that I've said isn't completely correct!?

Of course there is more to Thailand than the corruption and the scams, but it's these things that many tourists (far too many than just a small minority) face as soon as they step off the plane.

Tourists don't care what long time expats like you or I think about the place, they're only there for 2 weeks and to spend their hard earned cash on a nice well deserved break. Do not give it to Thailand, they do not deserve it and do not appreciate it. Even backpackers id advise to stay well clear and get better value for money in other 3rd world countries, Thailand doesn't want them anyway. All Thailand wants is Middle Aged couples staying at the mandarin, hotel pickup so they don't get to experience the initial scams, mandarin organized excursions to shield the tourist from the scams and show them only the nice bits (not the filthy broken and cluttered sidewalks which reek of stinking sewage and rotten fish), buy loads of crap trinkets for 10 times what they're worth and then fck off back to the airport out of there.

You are aware of this is THAIvisa??

You clearly hate Thailand and its people, despite that you joined THAIvisa more than 3 years ago and have accumulated 374 posts on a subject, you clearly despise!!

Makes sense!!whistling.gif

• Like 1

.Your dream will be my command, of course I never want to step foot into Thailand unless I absolutely have to for work.

What good does comparing Thailand to other 3rd world countries do for your argument that everything that I've said isn't completely correct!?

Of course there is more to Thailand than the corruption and the scams, but it's these things that many tourists (far too many than just a small minority) face as soon as they step off the plane.

Tourists don't care what long time expats like you or I think about the place, they're only there for 2 weeks and to spend their hard earned cash on a nice well deserved break. Do not give it to Thailand, they do not deserve it and do not appreciate it. Even backpackers id advise to stay well clear and get better value for money in other 3rd world countries, Thailand doesn't want them anyway. All Thailand wants is Middle Aged couples staying at the mandarin, hotel pickup so they don't get to experience the initial scams, mandarin organized excursions to shield the tourist from the scams and show them only the nice bits (not the filthy broken and cluttered sidewalks which reek of stinking sewage and rotten fish), buy loads of crap trinkets for 10 times what they're worth and then fck off back to the airport out of there.

You clearly hate Thailand and its people, despite that you joined THAIvisa more than 3 years ago and have accumulated 374 posts on a subject, you clearly despise!!

Don't come then if you hate It so much why bother joining a forum for somewhere you hate Edited by japsportscarmad

I used to work in BKK years ago and used to do business runs there in the last couple of years. I've had my fair share of work and play in Thailand and THAT is the reason I joined thai-visa, as believe it or not if there was an ALGERIAvisa or a BRUNAIvisa for example, id be a member of those too.: what does getting the latest updates and information on visas and other useful info on a country you have to work in have to do with liking it or not? We're not all on holiday some of us have to work there

And yes, I have grown to hate thailand more and more every time me or my wife have to visit. Great malls and great eats but that is about It for us. we have some great (thai) friends that I have known for many many years in BKK, but then that comes with the territory and we have friends from many countries, it doesn't make me like 'LOS' anymore than anywhere else in that region.

• 3 weeks later...