Have you purchased Yamaha Bolt?

dagling

I don't like the hang-down plastic bottle down low on the front of the downtube. Also, a kick starter ONLY would be fun for about a week. With short rides downtown, how many times are you going to have to kick it over with piston positioning and compression release timing in a month? If you take long rides I think you should add a throttle friction screw, for lack of a better term, so you can ride "no hands". That's what I used to do on my Matchless 650. Otherwise your hands and forearms go numb. Although, maybe Yamy has the balance sorted out, Dunno. Never rode one. I like the CB500X for 40,000 less.

OK, now throw out this and think "Yamaha 400cc single". I am SO LOSE'N IT! BOLT GOOD! BRAIN BAD!!!!

Edited by Longtooth

I don't like the hang-down plastic bottle down low on the front of the downtube. Also, a kick starter ONLY would be fun for about a week. With short rides downtown, how many times are you going to have to kick it over with piston positioning and compression release timing in a month? If you take long rides I think you should add a throttle friction screw, for lack of a better term, so you can ride "no hands". That's what I used to do on my Matchless 650. Otherwise your hands and forearms go numb. Although, maybe Yamy has the balance sorted out, Dunno. Never rode one. I like the CB500X for 40,000 less.

I think you are mixing the bikes up, the SR400 has kick start only, but the Bolt have electric start.

I think you are mixing the bikes up, the SR400 has kick start only, but the Bolt have electric start.

Thanks for not calling me bad names. I would have deserved it. But, to add, I've read a few reviews and they're all very positive.

havent - but considering too, but I am 1.84m and the bike looks like a toy with me, altough riding experience was great (test ride at Pattaya dealer)

what about the new Honda CBX 1100 EX ? classic bike THB 605.000 not cheap

post-138940-0-55696300-1413431782_thumb.

Edited by MrJ

havent - but considering too, but I am 1.84m and the bike looks like a toy with me, altough riding experience was great (test ride at Pattaya dealer)

what about the new Honda CBX 1100 EX ? classic bike THB 605.000 not cheap

seriously Mr J

you shortarse !

i am a lowly 192 cm in height , from the ground up, as well as @ 115 kg's without riding gear, and i apart from finding the rear suspension a tad soft for me, the overall ergonomics of the Bolt are excellent.

the only other issue i have is with the idea of the Australian road designers who make roundabouts off camber. i believe this is a plot that has been funded by certain manufacturers of motorcycle to ensure that they have a never ending demand for replacement foot pegs.

i hace only 2500 k's on my little girl and the pegs are very worn already.

the bike handles very well and the brakes are certainly sufficient.

i test rode a harley fat bob and a street bob and a breakout about a month ago , with the idea of trading "up" i liked the fat bob best.

after the test of the other bikes i jumped on the bolt and rode home.

during this ride home i decided the harley was just not for me , the bolt is just too much fun.

before you judge this little bike , ride one.

it might change your mind.

Rob B

post-108778-0-70492900-1413435267_thumb.

before you judge this little bike , ride one.

it might change your mind.

Rob B

Hi Rob,

I did already "altough riding experience was great (test ride at Pattaya dealer)" - yes and it was fun indeed, the sales guy mad a picture while I am sittng on the bike, the wife said the bike appears too small - but may she just wanted me to save money ;-)

post-138940-0-80413400-1413445387_thumb.

I am considering purchase at the moment.

Same for me, a friend has the green one with the V&H pipes on it, I took for a short ride and seem to be a very nice bikewink.png

I might pop in to Khon Kaen and order one soon...

Hi Dagling, any pics and or price for thr pipes?

Got a black 2015 model instead of the green 2014 Bolt today.

Is parked outside the house, but too dark to take pictures tonight.

Nice drive home (50 km) from Khon Kaen, although it got dark halfway.

Try to make a few more photo`s tomorrow;-)

post-84957-0-18954600-1413982950_thumb.j

The fuel tank looks something like a tank off a 70's model Yamaha....but that's OK, they had some great models in the 70's!

Overall the right side looks like a larn baht cruiser.

Have fun with it.

Sorry but it looks cheap

Id rather buy the SR

And for the same price im getting a 2nd hand nightster 1200 which looks so much better

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And the SR do not look "cheap"?

You don`t say, a second hand Nightster 1200 for under 200.000,- Wow ;-) Must be very good bike and with a greenbook then?

But tell me, what makes the Nightster 1200 look "so much better"?

I don`t care if you don`t like my bike at all, I have to live with it, not you;-)))