Karaoke Nightmare Owned by Police

EddieHaskel

The karaoke bar stays open until 6AM and has ruined our sleep and property values.

For over 1 year, myself and neighbors have phoned in complaints to Pattaya City Hall over 100 times.

The City staff claim they phone police but nothing has been done.

Visits to the police station were met with disdain.

Some of us went to City Hall but they wanted our ID, names and address. No thanks. Why do they need my ID?

The Thai neighbor next door is very fearful of the police owner of this bar and warned us to stay anonymous.

What can be done? Can we hire a lawyer to file a complaint or sue somebody?

If you can find a Thai willing to go and lodge a complaint for you with the police then this is the best option, they require ID for all Police reports to substantiate the claim as further information or court appearances may be needed.

You could try calling the prime ministers hotline on 1111 they have Ebglish speakign staff and they may be able to guide you in the right direction.

The Thai neighbor is afraid of the policeman that owns the karaoke bar and won't complain.

He even has several rentals that are vacant because of the all night noise. The noise is costing him plenty but ......."I have a wife and kids to worry about" he says.

My question is: Can a lawyer get this nuisance stopped and keep me anonymous?

First off, I'm no lawyer. Around where I live, I am told never complain alone. If you can, get people to sign a paper stating the complaint. May also need copies of their IDs. But in the end it may be useless. Here there are no zoning laws so it mostly down to peer pressure. I don't know about your location.

• Like 2

Sell up and leave. It is the only option. Try to sell to a Thai if you can, only showing the property in the morning before the cop start that party.

The only other option you have is to bypass the corrupt city hall and cops and get a Thai to go straight to the Navy dudes. Check out some news articles where one of their local officers is mentioned and get someone to complain to him. No love lost at all between the cops here and the Navy and they seem to be playing tit for tat raids on each others venues over the last few months.

• Like 2

I would be inclined to form a group with other concerned residents and the group can then employ a lawyer to contact whichever government agencies might be able to help.

This sort of situation only develops because people don't stand up to the bullies (and they are bullies).

• Like 1

Only an act of God is going to help on this one. When a Disco , Karaoke noisy Moque moves in good luck. If you can move to a sleepy village Ban Ampur-Bang Saray problem solved. But you have to be willing to move 15-20 kilos out of the city. We had a mosque go up behind our house. The end of peace & quiet. look for something not off the road. Solved that problem for almost 10 years.

Probably a million reasons to stay or a million reasons to Get!