Gold bars: Couple demand answers from Thai police

webfact

Couple demand answers
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A Lop Buri couple, who had been robbed by five women of gold bars and ornaments, allegedly weighing 200 baht, as well as Bt200,000 cash in last July, filed a complaint at the police headquarters yesterday asking why police could only retrieve 20 baht of gold.

Following the complaint by Manoon Boonyoo and wife Malee, Lop Buri deputy police chief Pol Colonel Krittas Chanasit, in his capacity as Khok Samrong police station superintendent at the time, said the women had already been imprisoned and insisted that 23 stolen items and 20 baht weight in gold had been retrieved.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Couple-demand-answers-30245551.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-16

Is it 200 Bht of gold or 200ozs of gold as 200 of bht is SFA, as for demanding answers, join the Cue, lots of people over time have demanded answers like the widow of the missing human rights lawyer , everybody is waiting for Thailand finest to give answers and waiting and waiting and. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

This whole thing with Thais counting two "baht weight" and one "baht weight" is a ridiculous anachronism and an irregular differentiation from the rest of the world. Thais are special.

Sure. This is no doubt the explanation for why the police only returned 10% of the stolen gold. They were confused about the units involved.

• Like 1

We were scammed for 280000 baht (partly gold -partly money). The police ignores us. We don't know where the money and gold is now.
We know the name and address of the person that scammed us, we have his identity card number, have CCTV images, and have 100% prove. All evidence is with the police.

We should have never gone to the police, but arrange it like Thai people would do it.

I would advice the same thing to other people with the same experience - hire mafia or corrupt police - going the official way is useless.

Once you've made an official report at the police station, your chance on asking for "special assistance" is gone.

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 1

We were scammed for 280000 baht (partly gold -partly money). The police ignores us. We don't know where the money and gold is now.

We know the name and address of the person that scammed us, we have his identity card number, have CCTV images, and have 100% prove. All evidence is with the police.

We should have never gone to the police, but arrange it like Thai people would do it.

I would advice the same thing to other people with the same experience - hire mafia or corrupt police - going the official way is useless.

And there in that paragraph is why there is so much violence in this society beneath the surface. Because you cannot trust the Justice system in any way shape or form. It is rotten from core with the inept arcane laws, corrupt lawyers, naive judges and corrupt police. If you are foreign the corruption is magnified by the Thai Rak Thai mentality that infects everyone here like cancer.

It is a national disgrace. You are a victim but so are those two Burmese lads who have zero chance of a fair trial and no one really gives a care in the world, I've been scammed too - 60 million baht and know of several other foreigners who have been scammed of similar amounts. All proven yet the Justice system is impotent to serve up Justice and is manipulated like a 3 year old by the criminals. No one cares because it is not them!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

In our case it didn't even get to the judge. There's an arrest warrant which is completely ignored by the police. They don't do any effort to pick up the guy. All evidence was collected by us. We drove around half the country to collect it. The police never left the comfortable chair in the office.

It's very easy in Thailand to make money disappear. People change the money to gold and hide the gold. This happened also in our case. The day after we were scammed the guy was loaded with gold.

Edited by kriswillems

And there in that paragraph is why there is so much violence in this society beneath the surface. Because you cannot trust the Justice system in any way shape or form. It is rotten from core with the inept arcane laws, corrupt lawyers, naive judges and corrupt police. If you are foreign the corruption is magnified by the Thai Rak Thai mentality that infects everyone here like cancer.

It is a national disgrace. You are a victim but so are those two Burmese lads who have zero chance of a fair trial and no one really gives a care in the world, I've been scammed too - 60 million baht and know of several other foreigners who have been scammed of similar amounts. All proven yet the Justice system is impotent to serve up Justice and is manipulated like a 3 year old by the criminals. No one cares because it is not them!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

How does someone get scammed to loose huge amounts like that I don't get it? It's not really petty cash! Edited by Evolare