PM Prayut vows not to prolong premiership post

webfact

This man is about to explode....... no diplomacy, no requests, just orders, do it my way, or else.

This should be no surprise when a general is in power. I hope all sincere anti corruption supporters realise now that corruption is not going to be reduced but now there is a dictatorial regime in place.

He is not about to explode. That is what he has been all his life: a professional Thai soldier.

He has followed the pattern: move up the military ladder and give orders to others.

After all, he is what all anti-Thaksinistas, Suthepistas and Abhisistas in TV were hoping and wishing he would do: a repeat of 2006.

Now he is done it.

As the saying goes: careful with what yo wish for!! Are some of you having wannabe-elite-like Farang remorse?

• Like 1

The man is not a politician. He talks like a general and acts like a general.

He doesn't understand the art of diplomacy.

In the beginning, that looks cool - a guy that claims that he's going to make everything better.

But once it becomes clear only the lower classes are the ones that have to change

and the higher classes stay untouched or are even protected, things start to look differently.

The poor economical situation as a result of the lack of democracy and the lack of stability (before Prayut and now) also doesn't help.

I think if he want to be the dictator that is going to safe the country he need to have more guts and totally reform all government organisations - including army and police.

Also facts stated by international websites like wikipedia make you wonder if we as people living in Thailand get access to the full truth. From Wikipedia:

"Although Prayut claimed that his coup was needed for combating corruption, members of his own cabinet and members of the appointed national legislature, including Prayut's brother Preecha Chan-o-cha and Minister to the Office of the Prime Minister M.L. Panadda Diskul, have been beset by various corruption scandals.[33] Prayut then prohibited any criticism of his government.[17]

His appearance in Milan on 16 October 2014 drew protests against him across the town.[34]"

Edited by kriswillems

Everyone is unhappy? I thought everyone was actually HAPPY? Hmm...

And what's this coming from a PM... talking about arguments with his wife, blah blah blah? Stick to the agenda General Sir, no need to add drama to the equation.

Enjoy Europe :-)

Maybe it's part of the script he's gonna write for a new thai soap on tele........

It's a real wake up call when you find out not everyone will roll over and wai at the mere sound of your voice.

Edit to add: Once he took off the uniform, his wife grew a pair of huevos also. Funny that. wink.png

Edited by 55Jay

I would be selling any business as soon as possible -

Next year is going to be ""Rocky"

Think it won't happen watch.!

This guy can't cope or handle the country- is out of his depth and ready to turn into a Korean style dictator .

Warning signs are there.

Xenophobic comments-

Anti western sentiments (even in the most delicate of circumstances - see bikini and slain rape victim)

Plain mistruths about economy-

Restricted media .

Delusions of greatness.

In the beginning, that looks cool - a guy that claims that he's going to make everything better.

But once it becomes clear only the lower classes are the ones that have to change

and the higher classes stay untouched or are even protected, things start to look differently.

The poor economical situation as a result of the lack of democracy and the lack of stability (before Prayut and now) also doesn't help.

Every Thai person I speak with in North Thailand appears to understand this,...but are waiting. Martial law will not be lifted in the North anytime soon,...however, are the rank and file military, most of which have ties to the North, ultimately beholding to the Bangkok Elite.