mixing up thai provinces ubon and udon

if you have lived in thailand for some time or are used to the culture of course you could easily tell both apart. If you occasionally visit the country you would get these 2 provinces mixed up.

Khao jai mai?

I wouldn't worry about confusing them they are both places I would never visit again anyway. One horse towns full of people who can't afford the bus fare to BKK or Pattaya.

if you have lived in thailand for some time or are used to the culture of course you could easily tell both apart. If you occasionally visit the country you would get these 2 provinces mixed up.

Khao jai mai?

I wouldn't worry about confusing them they are both places I would never visit again anyway. One horse towns full of people who can't afford the bus fare to BKK or Pattaya.

You cant help but laugh, a farang coming on here and bitching and moaning about how the Thais speak their own language.

Gawd help us he never has to talk about Kan or Chan, if at Thai were ever to try and speak the full name for Ayuttaya most people would have forgotten what they were saying before they had completed the name.

As for the two one buffalo towns above, LOL, the amazing thing is Little Lek with no more than a P4 education lured them north with her charms whilst working in the Bkk Bank Soi Walking Street branch, or Soi Cowboy branch of Mickey Ds.

BTW, the phrase you are looking for is, hen mai, no worries, you have already shown a total misunderstanding of the language.

I suggest you enrol in UTL at Asoke, for 6,000 baht per month, its a bargain.

Khao jai mai?

you obviously dont know the difference between a town and a city

Actually the op is not confused about pronunciation, rather he's unsure which of the two provinces is the most desirable to live in

.I can help him here, Udon has the most beautiful girls in Thailand as well as the best singers such as Siripon Amphaipong, Mike Pirompon, Ponsak Songsaen, Ubon has some nice scenery at Khong Jiam and Pa Taem, the girls are the second most beautiful in Thailand.

If the poster is still ùnsure whilst travelling by train or bus I recommend he takes a compass, after Khorat if he's heading north he's heading to Udon, if he's going east, it's Ubon.If you take Jackie's advice don't stop in Surin, for some reason he advises strongly against lasting relationships with Surin ladies. I have met a few, they are often rotund, I wonder if the connection Surin has to elephants is in some way responsible, perhaps they,(the ladies) consume too much sugar cane.

Khao jai mai?

you obviously dont know the difference between a town and a city

Yes you are correct I should have said one horse cities but that doesn't sound right. Sincere apologies if you live in Ubon or Udon BTW.

• 1 year later...

Which is better to visit? I've spent a lot of time in Korat but never ventured further into isaan. Thinking of going to one of the two next week. Or Khon Khen?

I recommend both but it's not the best time entering the summer as the landscape is rather arid. The rainy season,July to October is far more favourable, verdant greenery everywhere. But if you have no choice then I recommend a trip up the river Mekong, all the way from Khemarat (north of Ubon) to Chiang Khan in Loei province.

Far from the maddening crowd.

Khao jai mai?

Who ya talking about the Farang or the Thais? If your talking about farang your only about 30% right and if your talking about the Thais your just a <deleted>. An all those blokes living in 300 baht fan rooms out past soi buakhow and over the darkside are all millionaires are they? Plonker